Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
2%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
16%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 274

dsf.fernando

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS include after Russia?

#141 Post by dsf.fernando » 28 Mar 2021 16:19

And in which DLC Moldova would belong? An extention of RttBS? Included with Ukraine?
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Evil_Jason

#142 Post by Evil_Jason » 28 Mar 2021 16:26

[ external image ]

Ukraine itself is already very big. Or SCS will be so crazy to do another big one.

Heart of Russia seems to be bigger than Iberia, which will be the biggest DLC in ETS2 yet.
Last edited by Evil_Jason on 29 Mar 2021 08:00, edited 3 times in total.
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
rip_c_bennington

#143 Post by rip_c_bennington » 29 Mar 2021 05:30

dsf.fernando wrote: 28 Mar 2021 16:19 And in which DLC Moldova would belong? An extention of RttBS? Included with Ukraine?
I think they will release Western Ukraine + Belarus + Moldova in one DLC. The Ukraine alone has the size of Iberia, releasing the complete Ukraine together with Belarus would be nearly like releasing France together with Italy.
SimLive

#144 Post by SimLive » 12 Apr 2021 09:51

I hope for Belarus because of better connections & Culture!
RoadNett Developer
leo.arevalo12ss

#145 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 13 Apr 2021 03:15

After heart of russia they should do smaller map DLCS like ireland and iceland as well as the faroe islands they don't take as long due to their size and it would be a nice addon
Take it with a grain of salt nothing is 100% sure
natjer3

#146 Post by natjer3 » 13 Apr 2021 14:45

dahaka wrote: 05 Mar 2021 22:54 Somebody remind me though, when Iberia was announced, did it have the Spanish and Portuguese flags on the cover picture? Like we have now with Russia? Or were the two flags added to it together at a later time?
The flags were added later

[ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#147 Post by oldmanclippy » 23 Apr 2021 18:01

The last time this poll was made, I voted for Further East (Belarus + Western Ukraine + Moldova). That obviously didn't happen, and while I am still excited for that future DLC I don't think it will be coming right after Heart of Russia. I also don't think a northern Scandinavian or Fennoscandian DLC will be coming right after HoR either. That leaves us with the following options:

Western Balkans including Greece
Western Balkans not including Greece
Ireland
Iceland
Northwest Africa
Turkey
Greece
Greece + Turkey

I will eliminate Iceland, Northwest Africa, Turkey, and Greece + Turkey from the mix because I think they are too implausible at this stage. That leaves us with

Western Balkans including Greece
Western Balkans not including Greece
Ireland
Greece

I think Ireland could come, but with the recent influx of assets with the postfix "at", it sounds like Austria might be the next rebuild, so I don't think the UK rebuild and thus Ireland is on their immediate radar. This could change if the Austria theory doesn't pan out.

So my prediction is that the Western Balkans will come next. Whether or not Greece will also come is a tough one: on one hand, it will be hard enough doing research for all the other countries, and then adding Greece on top of it will be even more work; on the other hand Greece would be the main attraction for a Western Balkans DLC. I think in the end that Greece will come with the Western Balkans because of the latter consideration. So my prediction (and hope) is that the Western Balkans will come next.

After Western Balkans, I think the order should be something like:

Ireland (with UK rebuild + Wales/Scotland extension)
Belarus + Western Ukraine + Moldova
Iceland + Northern Scandinavia
More Russia
More Turkey
Northern Finland + Northern Russia
Northwest Africa
More Russia
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Some newbie driver

#148 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Apr 2021 18:33

Whatever they do after this one of Russia, the next one will be more Russia. To have Russian DLC every 2 years is the only SCS can do to don't be forced to release several Russian DLC one after another.
oldmanclippy

#149 Post by oldmanclippy » 23 Apr 2021 20:37

I guess it depends on how eager SCS is to keep going with Russia. Moscow and St. Petersburg, by far the most famous Russian cities, will be already done. Every DLC they've done so far has included at least one high profile world city (Warsaw, Copenhagen, Paris, Rome, St. Petersburg, Istanbul, Madrid, Moscow). Maybe people can name Volgograd but most people outside Russia or central/eastern Europe would probably only know Stalingrad and not be able to name its modern name if they were asked to name a Russian city not named Moscow, St. Petersburg, or Kaliningrad. I guarantee you 95% of North Americans wouldn't even be able to name Kaliningrad.

I don't mean this as an insult against Russia or the Russian people (it says more about the geographical knowledge of most people), in fact I am personally really excited for Russia and any future Russian DLC's past Heart of Russia since it's my favorite country to drive in in ETS2, but I don't know if the general population would feel the same. They could get excited about Murmansk/Arkhangelsk because of the novelty of being so far north, but besides that I don't see a pure Russian DLC past HoR being very marketable. Moscow is very marketable. The rest of Russia is not nearly as marketable.

Ireland has Dublin. The Western Balkans have Athens, linguistic and cultural diversity, and interesting geography. Turkey has Ankara and distinct geography from the rest of ETS2. Northern Scandinavia has the novelty and scenery and hype since 2015. Further East has Kyiv, but more importantly it will fill a large gap in the map. Iceland has novelty and scenery galore. I think SCS really has to knock it out of the park with Heart of Russia like they did back in the day with Scandinavia in order to build natural hype for a future Russia DLC. If they can't do that, then perhaps they have to consider going towards Africa or the Middle East instead of pushing towards the Urals.

So yes, if the goal is to complete European Russia, then of course they will need to keep doing a Russia DLC every other year. But I don't think that's a very sustainable release model and will only excite the hardcore players and people like me who particularly enjoy driving in Russia, even when its scenery is not as exciting as Iberia/Italy/Balkans/Scandinavia.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
P3TER_

#150 Post by P3TER_ » 23 Apr 2021 22:34

I don't see Northwest Africa and mainland Turkey as realistic options, because they are not located in the European continent, contrary to every other country as of now. I think they'll either finish Europe first, or don't even make those regions.
(I know Euro Truck Sim means the type of cab, so please don't start that discussion. :) )

I do think Fennoscandia is a possibility, because VLF and Italy are not that much different in terms of climate and geography too, and they could i.e. focus more on forestry and the fjords in Fennoscandia, and heavy industry and Moscow in HoR.

Fennoscandia would also not be that much work as the drivable roads are very scarce and the terrain is quite foresty, which makes it easier to map. The area may be huge, although it isn't gigantic, but the density is way way lower than in areas like HoR or Belarus/Ukraine.

My bet is on the Western Balkans with Greece though, but Fennoscandia isn't impossible, just like the smaller DLCs (Ireland, Iceland). They could potentially allow SCS to bring back the december DLC release, though that may not be that important.

Return to “General discussion about the game”