Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
2%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
16%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 274

dahaka

Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

#1 Post by dahaka » 05 Mar 2021 19:28

As of the 30th of May, the release of the Heart of Russia DLC has been postponed indefinitely by SCS. You can cast your vote bellow, and show SCS which area you would like them to include next. Please keep in mind, you should vote for the area YOU DESIRE, not the area that you think SCS will add next anyway.

As of the 19th of October, 2023, Pavel has announced in the west Balkans release livestream that Greece and Northern Scandinavia are coming next, and are being worked on in parallel. Therefore They will be excluded from the poll.

Also keep in mind that SCS has decided to postpone the release of HoR, and is unlikely to consider including Ukraine before the conflict is resolved, so voting for those two options, might not be very useful. While I fully respect the decision of SCS, this is a forum for the community to discuss the game and what they would like, therefore I added those two options to the poll as well, Hopefully we can have a respectful and civil discussion about the matter.

Below you can see the result of the poll on the previous thread:
Poll results after the Iberia DLC:
[ external image ]

Poll results after HoR was announced:
[ external image ]

Poll results after the western Balkans were announced:
[ external image ]
Last edited by dahaka on 19 Oct 2023 20:39, edited 8 times in total.
jackalnxt

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS include after Russia?

#2 Post by jackalnxt » 05 Mar 2021 19:38

Personally, I wish for Belarus/Ukraine, but that is not going to happen. I'm hoping for Ireland to get the UK rework moving but it probably wont take place. Next DLC will surely be Western Balkans. Or... maybe Greece and more Turkey. Still a possibility.
IvanKuz

#3 Post by IvanKuz » 05 Mar 2021 20:16

Assuming there will be no Belarus in the Heart of Russia DLC, I suggest the following probabilities:

35% - the complete Balkans
20% - Ireland
15% - the Balkans without Greece
10% - just Greece (probably a smaller DLC)
10% - Belarus + (Western) Ukraine + Moldova
5% - just Belarus (probably a smaller DLC)
5% - something else

Also, maybe change the title to something like "Which area do you think SCS will include after Russia"? Because some people unironically think that SCS bases their decisions on these polls.
Some newbie driver

#4 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 Mar 2021 21:03

@IvanKuz people doesn't think SCS is going to do what the poll shows due its title; but the tittle was chosen because people firmly believe they can dictate what SCS does with a simple poll (and I'km not saying dahaka thinks that way, but the inertia is too big).

All media channels to reach SCS are full of "you should/you must" messages. A lot more than "I would like" kind of.

And returning to the Topic, after that Russian DLC, I vote for Ireland plus whatever they want to fit in there plus deviating a few extra resources to address the UK problem.

Regards
isaac_mihai

#5 Post by isaac_mihai » 05 Mar 2021 21:13

Ireland + UK rework is my guess
djadlib

#6 Post by djadlib » 05 Mar 2021 21:58

I voted Belarus because that's how you would get to Moscow in real life from western Europe. But a close second for me is the rest of the Balkans. Also a gap in the map
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#7 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 05 Mar 2021 22:01

They should expand scandinavia
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
Shiva

#8 Post by Shiva » 05 Mar 2021 22:35

No Ukraine in Heart of Russia DLC, that was quite clear for me atleast.
No Belarus? After what has been shown in the latest blog post, I have no clue if it will be included or not. No mention of it there tho.

This time, I'll vote with my heart. And if SCS has started with Mega DLC's, all of it could come in a single DLC.
2nd vote option would have been Western Balkans. Way smaller than my 1st option.
3rd would have been Belarus, Moldova, parts? of Ukraine. If no Belarus in HoR DLC. Still smaller than what I voted for.
Rest of Norway, Sweden and Finland, would be about <5% smaller in area, than Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine. I am counting Ukraine size as it was at 2010.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
guilhem1

#9 Post by guilhem1 » 05 Mar 2021 22:53

the rest of the Balkan
I can't stand to see this hole in the maps
and would stop RTTBS dlc from being so isolated from the rest of the world
dahaka

#10 Post by dahaka » 05 Mar 2021 22:54

Now that SCS has started doing mega-DLCs I would be offended if they made the rest of Balkans without Greece. I am almost certain that Belarus will not be included in the upcoming DLC, because in the steam shop you can clearly see the Russian flag, and it's the only one on the cover of the DLC.

Somebody remind me though, when Iberia was announced, did it have the Spanish and Portuguese flags on the cover picture? Like we have now with Russia? Or were the two flags added to it together at a later time?

For me the choice is obvious: The rest of the Balkans should be made next. We have that huge gap in the map, and if Belarus doesnt come (which it probably won't) we will have another weird detour to make every time we ship stuff to and from Istanbul.

The reason I phrased the title like I did was because this thread is supposed to serve to showcase the wishes of the community. Of course SCS doesn't decide anything based on these polls, but they can be a sort of indicator for things. Anyone is free to discuss what they THINK SCS will include, but players should vote based on what they want to have.

Return to “General discussion about the game”