Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
2%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
16%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 274

Komen

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS include after Russia?

#201 Post by Komen » 10 Aug 2021 15:42

If SCS are indeed reworking the base map in age order, then we could see the UK being reworked after Austria as Austria came in GTS, which means there is a small possibility of Ireland coming after HoR, but as Pavel said this back in 2018 (I think) things could have changed and the map could be reworked in a different order.

But yeh I'm still in high favour with Western Balkans being the next expansion like plenty of other people.

@Ceco The 3 cities in Italy that are in the base map, were reskinned before Italia, though Milan was completely rebuilt, whereas Venice, Verona and Turin were reskinned only and had their textures changed to adapt to the Italia DLC from my understanding.
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en
Trucker Nik

#202 Post by Trucker Nik » 10 Aug 2021 16:34

In my opinion, I do not need to rework Venice, Turin and Verona, I like the addition of Trieste to Italy, of course it should be part of the base map, as Travemünde in Germany was added because of the ferry connection, Travemünde - Helsinki, that is because of BTBS (Beyond the baltic sea) it occurred to me that after Austria we could get a reworking of the United Kingdom, as the GTS states will be ready, the UKTS may follow :mrgreen:
Some newbie driver

#203 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Aug 2021 20:28

And your point regarding my message is? Have you read what's about this topic?

BTW if to add multiplayer option to a single player game is not to add something different; then what's your bar regarding that statement? Have they to merge with goat simulator so you consider there's something really new to the game?
Trucker Nik

#204 Post by Trucker Nik » 12 Aug 2021 10:31

@Some newbie driver Hungary is newer and is part of the Going East, but the quality is the same as the countries from the base map, of course, except for Germany, which is already reworked, so I see no reason why they could not rework it in Austria
Trucker Nik

#205 Post by Trucker Nik » 12 Aug 2021 10:32

@Some newbie driver Hungary is newer and is part of the Going East, but the quality is the same as the countries from the base map, of course, except for Germany, which is already reworked, so I see no reason why they could not rework it after Austria
xXCARL1992Xx

#206 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 12 Aug 2021 10:33

they wont touch any DLCs until the basemap is done, this was already said, Hungary wont be reworked
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
P3TER_

#207 Post by P3TER_ » 12 Aug 2021 10:44

I think Poland will be interesting than, because part of it is basemap and part of it Going East. They will rework it either as the last part of the basemap, even after UK, or they will just ignore the statement and do it in a single operation i.e. after Austria. The last option opens up possibilities for a Hungary and Slovakia rework too, although I don't think we will get any information about those reworks in the next year.
Trucker Nik

#208 Post by Trucker Nik » 12 Aug 2021 10:54

Also the Czech Republic, half is basic had half in DLC and Slovakia has only the city of Bratislava in the basic map, the rest is in DLC
sachy

#209 Post by sachy » 12 Aug 2021 11:03

UK will be reworked, if ever, as a free update for Ireland DLC (with the hope that sales from such a minor map will pay up the free rework). The problem is that UK must be done from scratch and all at once due to the different scale than the basemap.
Some newbie driver

#210 Post by Some newbie driver » 12 Aug 2021 15:21

Lot of people keep insisting that SCS must change the scale of UK map, but they don't. The scale of UK map is not and never will be a problem. It's only a problem for players with such a high OCD level that they become angry if the time/distance factor is different in mainland VS UK. The absolute majority of people doesn't notice it neither care at all about it; and that includes almost everybody in this forums expecting a rescale. Plain and simple, if you would not know the scale is different, you would had never noticed just by feeling it different when playing.

If SCS decides to build UK map from scratch would be pure and simply because it's so old and its depiction of real UK so wrong that it could give them less work to built it completely new than to fix current one. If at the same time they decide to downscale it, that would be a secondary effect, not the main reason.

IMHO there's no point of downscale something (that forcefully will make it loose content) when all your customers are asking you for more roads, more yards, more cities and more everything at every DLC released. If any, it would be a dream that the rest of the map would had been upscaled to 1:15; but that's too late for such a change to be done (like as, time ago, SCS said that they had to stop ATS development to upscale then or never). In fact, a future Ireland DLC could perfectly be in 1:15 scale for one good reason: the island is big enough to hold a lot of content (we have the Corsica or Sardinia examples) but not big enough on 1:19 scale for a DLC. On 1:15 instead, the space gained could make it good enough if added some extra content in Britain island to justify its own DLC (and we agree, it would be the best moment to release the UK rework too).

Regards

Return to “General discussion about the game”