Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
2%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
16%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 274

OldVern

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS include after Russia?

#151 Post by OldVern » 24 Apr 2021 08:45

I voted for more of Scandinavia, particularly the north, though Iceland was a close second. I enjoy driving challenging mountain roads, not just blatting along 4 lane motorways on cruise control which, from what I've seen so far, seems to be a weakness of the Iberia add on.
Shiva

#152 Post by Shiva » 24 Apr 2021 10:07

oldmanclippy, most plausible after Heart of Russia?
Western Balkans including Greece

P3TER_, do not forget the Norwegian coast, or rather, the roads. Sweden's roads will be super easy, compared to the Norways.

Northern Scandinavia, Norway and Sweden, for that DLC, I'll expect people complainin on the lack of highways.
Same goes for northern Finland and road to Murmansk.

More of Turkey. And even North Africa, I would give thumbs up for that.
Reaching the Caspian Sea, would be nice too, in the far future.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
P3TER_

#153 Post by P3TER_ » 24 Apr 2021 14:30

Shiva wrote: 24 Apr 2021 10:07 oldmanclippy, most plausible after Heart of Russia?
Western Balkans including Greece

P3TER_, do not forget the Norwegian coast, or rather, the roads. Sweden's roads will be super easy, compared to the Norways.

Northern Scandinavia, Norway and Sweden, for that DLC, I'll expect people complainin on the lack of highways.
Same goes for northern Finland and road to Murmansk.

More of Turkey. And even North Africa, I would give thumbs up for that.
Reaching the Caspian Sea, would be nice too, in the far future.
Northern Sweden would be somewhat easier than northern Norway, but has still a quite complex coast with loads of inlets and islands. And the northern part of Sweden is way larger than that of Norway.

I would be thankful for both western Balkans incl. Greece and Fennoscandia, so for me it's both fine.
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#154 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 24 Apr 2021 14:42

I want a dlc that contains southern coast of black sea
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
Lukemfc

#156 Post by Lukemfc » 01 May 2021 20:36

I try and make this has realistic has possible, I can’t see the point in Iceland has hardly no trucks from Europe go there in real life, I have promods don’t get me wrong it’s been developed amazing on there but for me just totally unrealistic.for me personally you can’t look any further than Balkans especially Greece which until now is totally untouched.
Shiva

#157 Post by Shiva » 01 May 2021 21:41

More than a few trailers are transported to Iceland.
And a semi-trailer and truck combo? that is possible, but I guess a lot rarer.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
OldVern

#158 Post by OldVern » 03 May 2021 13:00

Lukemfc wrote: 01 May 2021 20:36 I try and make this has realistic has possible, I can’t see the point in Iceland has hardly no trucks from Europe go there in real life, I have promods don’t get me wrong it’s been developed amazing on there but for me just totally unrealistic.for me personally you can’t look any further than Balkans especially Greece which until now is totally untouched.
Sadly I have to agree. ProMods is great but areas such as Iceland, the far north of Norway, the Faroes etc. are great for scenic interest and touring but in terms of the need for articulated lorry service not that much demand in reality. Also not very profitable in game. My company is slowly going bankrupt repaying the loan while I trek back from Honningsvag to lower Europe doing what I can for work along the way.
Schneeanzug

#159 Post by Schneeanzug » 09 May 2021 04:49

Ukraine and Belarus are most needed after heart of russia. I cant imagine driving from russia with some strange routes.
Next balkans.
The would be good to reskin great britain because its outdated and with that rescin Ireland should be added. Then reskin od going east and expand scandinavia.
oldmanclippy

#160 Post by oldmanclippy » 23 Jun 2021 13:40

I've been thinking about this more and I have some ideas about which DLC's are most likely NOT coming after HoR:

Ireland: this really needs the UK rebuild first, and there's no sign of that starting let alone finishing by the end of 2022.

Northern Africa: this would upset lots of people if they expanded away from Europe before finishing it, or at least the more high profile parts of Europe.

More Turkey: same reasoning as Northern Africa.

Further East: I'd be very surprised if they did this right after HoR since it is very similar geography. Although this is the most desperately needed one to fill the gap on the road to Moscow.

That really only leaves two options: northern Scandinavia or the Western Balkans. I think the Western Balkans makes the most sense to do right after HoR, because HoR should be a much easier DLC to make versus Iberia so the research and mapping and asset teams won't be burnt out after a very stressful project like they might have been after Iberia. All three of those teams will be pushed to their limit with the Western Balkans: the research team has to research 9 different countries (please don't start an argument over the number, even 8 would be a lot which is the point I am trying to make), almost double the previous highest number of countries in a DLC, the asset team has to make assets for multiple different cultural and architectural styles, and the mapping team needs to figure out how to jam all of that into a relatively tiny area. It might be SCS's greatest challenge yet. Texas is a huge workload, but there's a lot more space to work with outside the DFW/Austin/Houston triangle and it's relatively homogeneous. The Western Balkans will almost surely have to be one of the densest parts of the map to avoid only having one or two roads per country, and coupled with the extreme diversity within it it's gonna be a huge challenge.

Now, if I've completely overestimated the amount and difficulty of work required to do the Western Balkans, SCS could also throw in parts of western Anatolia to get the ball rolling on that, but I'd be really surprised. The Western Balkans should be enough work to keep them busy IMO but we will see.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)

Return to “General discussion about the game”