Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
25%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
1%
Ireland
31%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
17%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 277

Shiva

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS include after Russia?

#161 Post by Shiva » 23 Jun 2021 16:30

oldmanclippy, Western Balkans would be okay for me.
It could be Norway/Sweden too. Or rest of Norway/Sweden/Finland/"Murmansk?", if SCS decides to do another mega DLC.
We'll know either late this year, or early next year, I guess.
After those 2, I think it should be Belarus and parts of Ukraine?
Western Anatolia, of Turkey, would be a quite big DLC too. All of Turkey, even bigger.

I wonder, how big will "Heart of Russia" be?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
jackalnxt

#162 Post by jackalnxt » 24 Jun 2021 06:28

Considering that Belarus was skipped in HoR, I wonder if that had something to do with the political situation over there. It wasn't that good before the announcement and it certainly doesn't look good now. It may end up being skipped over. It also doesn't help that Ukraine is so big. Even without the 'missing' parts, we still need to have Moldova alongside it.

For similar, though more obvious, political reasons, Yugoslavia might get avoided. I can see Greece + Albania + Cyprus or Greece + Aegean Turkey. I'm actually feeling very optimistic about Greece being added soon. Less so about Northern Scandinavia as it can be considered too close to HoR.
JolliciousJosh

#163 Post by JolliciousJosh » 24 Jun 2021 06:33

Seems after Heart of Russia, I have many predictions where should be the next map expansion for the game:
Going back to the timeline of all map expansions on ETS2 since the release in October 2012, currently there are 7 map expansions introduced:

Going East! - The first map DLC introduced in the game at the end of January, 2013, and released after 7 and three-fourth months of work in progress. One and three-fourth years later, SCS added Szeged and Debrecen into this map DLC.
I wonder that this map expansion will be expected to rework next (once when base game parts of Poland, Czechia and the Slovak capital Bratislava gets a major rework in the future).
Scandinavia - Suppose SCS posted their blog about the next expansion on the first anniversary of the game, but their move didn't made it. It was June 2014, introduced this second map expansion. I was thinking about Scandinavia DLC to be release on the latter part of 2014, but reality, due to difficulties, they took so much time until the fact that SCS gets a go signal to release it on May 2015, alongside 1.17 update release. Kapellskar added into the map DLC in 1.33, connecting Tallinn and Naantali.
However, Scandinavia is a huge landmass. The sequel to Scandinavia DLC will be beyond Uppsala, Oslo, Pori, Tampere and Kouvola, reaching towards Hammerfest and Skarsvag in Norway.
Vive La France! - Considered as my favorite map DLC before Scandinavia. The introduction to this map DLC revealed on February 2016, four days after Valentine's. It took a year to work (since 4Q 2015) until it releases on December 5, 2016. Three years later, SCS added the beautiful island of Corsica in 1.36. Bayonne and Lacq introduced in our current 1.40.
Unfortunately, SCS didn't made it to add Pau in the game. Instead, they add Lacq, as an "arrondissment" since this village is where the world's largest sulfur refinery is located. Perpignan didn't made it, too.
Italia- Relased exactly a year after the release of Vive La France. In addition, Sardinia added in 1.35.
Beyond the Baltic Sea - Released on November 29, 2018, mostly covered in the Northern European Plains, while Finland is the only part of the map DLC since it belongs to Scandinavia IRL. In the case of Russia, there are 6 cities and towns, including the independent Kaliningrad Oblast.
There will be road connections to Moscow or any cities and towns in Russia once Heart of Russia is ready to be released sometime latter part of next year. Apart from that, there will be hidden roads when an open beta gets released, weeks or a month until SCS goes green for a stable update release and announces the release date of HoR in latter part of that year.
Road to the Black Sea - Released on December 5, 2019, alongside update 1.36. this map DLC coded as 'dlc_balkan,' since Romania, Bulgaria and EU Turkey belong to the Balkans. When it comes to roads, expressways were limited, specially in Romania. Secondary roads, sometimes tricky, are common in this map DLC.
Iberia - considered as the biggest and the largest map DLC since its release of the game. Consist of 49 cities and towns, where 77.5% of it are from Spain. Andorra was excluded in this map DLC. Expressways are common, and few secondary roads. We keep our fingers crossed that secondary roads will be added as a free update in the near future, like Vive La France and Italia did.

Now, what's the next after Heart of Russia? Here are my possible candidates:
Western Balkans - Known as "In Front of the Adriatic Sea," which contains Serbia, Montenegro, Yugoslavia, Croatia, Slovenia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Greece.
Western Soviet Union - Consist former Soviet Union countries in the west such as Moldova, Ukraine and Belarus (since Belarus doesn't exist for the Heart of Russia).
Northern Journeys - The sequel to Scandinavia DLC will be beyond Uppsala, Oslo, Pori, Tampere and Kouvola, reaching towards Hammerfest and Skarsvag in Norway. It can include Iceland.
Ireland - might be as an 'addon' after UK has reskinned and added cities in Scotland. Its still in an uncertainty whether could this be a map DLC or not.
-All release dates are unknown.
harishw8r

#164 Post by harishw8r » 24 Jun 2021 07:17

Shiva wrote: 23 Jun 2021 16:30 I wonder, how big will "Heart of Russia" be?
In the blog, they said it would be comparable to Iberia, but I guess it would be even larger.

Let’s start with the words of the Blog itself. Oka river. The river itself extends too south, so we’ll start with some northern point, which is near Serpukhov south of Moscow. We’ll project to the west of that point. That would be Smolensk.

We’ll try to draw a decent-shaped perimeter from Smolensk. That would go as Kaluga, Tula, Ryazan, Sarov, Arzamas, Nizhny Novgorod.

From this point, it would be a good estimate to go along the Upper Volga river all the way up to St. Petersburg. That would be Nizhny Novgorod, Vologda, St. Petersburg.

The northern end might go up to Petrozavodsk and end at Vyborg to even the northern end with Tampere and Pori. Even without that, the area is huge.

[ external image ]
Komen

#165 Post by Komen » 24 Jun 2021 08:14

Normally expansions each year occur in totally different areas of Europe eg RttBs (South Eastern Europe) then Iberia (South West Europe), so I would rule out More of Scandinavia and Western Ex USSR countries as both regions surround HoR, which leaves us with Western Balkans and Ireland, but I'd say Ireland would come as a free add on with the UK reworks and as there is possible rumours of Austrian reworks in the map editor it could also increase the chance of WB as Austria is the gateway to that region.

The sizes of each map expansion get bigger each year for example the entire country of Ukraine is the same size as the entire Western Balkans so it would also make sense that WB comes next.
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en
jackalnxt

#166 Post by jackalnxt » 24 Jun 2021 10:00

No way is Ireland going to be a free update. After Greece, it is arguably the most marketable country left to be added. Reworking the UK is going to be a massive undertaking; almost like making another major free DLC. Making Ireland free on top of that would be insane.
Komen

#167 Post by Komen » 24 Jun 2021 10:10

It will probably be the same price as Going East...
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en
oldmanclippy

#168 Post by oldmanclippy » 24 Jun 2021 13:21

@Komen If Austria is indeed the next rework country, then that's enough evidence in my mind to be sure that the Western Balkans are coming next. Reworking Austria would open up a continuous connection between Portugal and the Western Balkans (through Spain, France, Germany, and Austria) so the player wouldn't have to drive through any nonreworked-Base or Going East areas. As it stands now, you would have to go through RttBS in order to access the Western Balkans in such a manner (I don't count northern Italy as reworked, that needs to be completely redone too). With Austria, there are two angles of attack that involve new mapping exclusively. Reworking Austria instead of Benelux or the UK only really makes sense for two reasons: paving the way to the Western Balkans or because they think that the mountainous terrain is more exciting for base map owners so it would push them to buy the DLC's after seeing the quality of new Austria. The latter makes sense, although I think reworking Switzerland would be the more obvious choice to accomplish that goal. We will see if Austria is indeed next or not within the next few months I would imagine, with the release for it being potentially later this year. I don't think Austria would be phased, just kick it out all at once and move on to the next rework.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Some newbie driver

#169 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Jun 2021 16:08

@jackalnxt it doesn't matter how many times what you said it's explained. There always will be people that think SCS is a charitable organization that exist just to fulfill their desires. Someday they maybe could land in the Real World® and had to work for a salary to have something to eat and they will finally understand. Chances are low, though.
erkinalp

#170 Post by erkinalp » 27 Jun 2021 08:27

dlc_yugo.scs indeed.

Return to “General discussion about the game”