ETS2 1.41 Speculation Thread

J.Random

Re: ETS2 1.41 Speculation Thread

#181 Post by J.Random » 08 May 2021 01:14

mackintosh wrote: 07 May 2021 21:26
Same. But frankly, with every overhyped and half-baked feature it's getting harder and harder to justify this support.
Zakxaev68

#182 Post by Zakxaev68 » 08 May 2021 07:33

TruckerDog wrote: 07 May 2021 21:18 The truth is, we can't make everyone happy. Many people here ( or at least the ones who voice their honest opinion ) seem to rarely like what is worked on / released because it doesn't fit their wishlist and tend to point all negative aspects about it. It happens with everyone, really. Even I do that with Train Simulators. :D
Partially true, partially wrong. Majority of people tend to be little disappointed because of how things are prioritised.
Hard truckin' on the virtual roads since 2002...

The Big Rig Rock is under indefinite hiatus!
Some newbie driver

#183 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 May 2021 07:46

Zakxaev68 wrote: 08 May 2021 07:33Majority of people tend to be little disappointed because of how things are prioritised.
Majority of people? So, you asked to majority of players to know that?

Anyway, I could agree in the GUESS that a lot of people is disappointed with SCS priorities in releases. That would not change anyway no mater what SCS would release (exactly what TruckerDog said). Because there's no majority of players that you could find they all share the same priority of what they want from SCS.

So, SCS is going to continue releasing what they want, what they can and in the order they consider better. This is not a commune or an assembly, SCS doesn't ask our "vote" about what they have to do next. So, obviously, expect a lot of people to had preferred a different thing first. If somebody here really expect SCS releases will continuously keep him fulfilled with joy, that all those releases will be things long awaited specifically by him; then that person is a naive not to say a fool.

Regards
J.Random

#184 Post by J.Random » 08 May 2021 07:56

Zakxaev68 wrote: 08 May 2021 07:33 Partially true, partially wrong. Majority of people tend to be little disappointed because of how things are prioritised.
ETS2 sold millions of copies. Concurrent players are in tens of thousands. I'd say majority doesn't care about development priorities and more or less satisfied with the lack of gameplay/mechanics improvements.
harishw8r

#185 Post by harishw8r » 08 May 2021 08:17

Everyone cannot be satisfied at once. People ask for rigids and buses for quite a long time. Some ask for better physics. Things will take time. Just because no one in the community asked for it doesn’t mean that SCS shouldn’t work on that. The teams at SCS would also ideate and bring many small meaningful stuff into the game. If a change can be implemented easily, why to hold it?

Also about those 0s and 1s, ever heard of fuzzy logic? :D
Truckdrivr

#186 Post by Truckdrivr » 08 May 2021 10:10

And then there is me who just hoping the ATS map team would take ETS2 map teams under its wings and teach them about the importance of detail, also the small ones. If there is something that really bothers me in the development its that i am absolutely stunnned about ATS everytime i fire it up, it look STUNNING. But i never get that same "ecstatic" stunning feeling in ETS2, i always feel like there is missing some details or there could be "done more" in terms of life on the maps. Plus ETS2 is really starting to be old to look at with the major parts of the map being more than a decade old and their textures, and the bigger part of the trailers and trucks are likewise. ATS dont suffer from that for obvious reasons, nevertheless, ETS2 need to put the hammer down so to speak if its not to fall totally behind its little (big) brother.
just my 2 cents..
Convoy nametag: Truckdrivr
See you on the road 8-)

My screenshot thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302557
Zakxaev68

#187 Post by Zakxaev68 » 08 May 2021 14:40

Some newbie driver wrote: 08 May 2021 07:46 Majority of people? So, you asked to majority of players to know that?
Regards
Here comes this guy again to try to start a fire with his sophisticated "You asked the population of Earth?" :lol: :lol: Nope, I didn't poll the people of every country, open your eyes - if you're too tired, I'll give you match sticks to keep em opened - check around players opinion on socials, this forum, the Steam forum, fan sites and forums, blogs, whatever. Then you'll see why given react negative at times, and explain yourself the existence of consumer thinking. :lol:

xXCARL1992Xx

#188 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 08 May 2021 14:43

so all 2 million people post something about the game ? i bet not even 20% of the effektiv players post anything at all and you will only hear the negative, if you want clear result you HAVE to do a poll with ALL players forced through the game or else every number is just an estimation that doesnt say much, taking the forum as an example to say the games a dependent on mods for example is the biggest nonsense, because of all people playing not even 2% are represented here
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Zakxaev68

#189 Post by Zakxaev68 » 08 May 2021 15:03

The game's been released in 2012, a lot of people tend to share their opinion nowadays. Some of us are fans of ETS since the beginning, others joined later, new folks find out about the game every day. Where there's positive feedback, there's always negative feedback too, so yeah, case no different than others.

Some newbie driver

#190 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 May 2021 18:14

Zakxaev68 wrote: 08 May 2021 14:40Here comes this guy again to try to start a fire with his sophisticated "You asked the population of Earth?"
I didn't start nothing. It's you who pretentiously started to talk as if your voice was the one of the majority of players. You, me and anybody here are nobody to talk in the name of no majority. POINT. Share your opinion if you want, but don't pretend to talk in the name of nobody else.

And yes, a lot of people complain about thing on the game; I never negated that (if you understood the opposite from my message; then your understanding of english is way worse than mine). But with millions of players, hundreds of thousands of them active; is foolish to thing there will be anything that a majority of them will share as their preference for the next SCS release. So, to pretend to say "SCS is doing wrong" just because there's a lot of people don't like what they release is nothing but a fallacy.

If you come here to spread fallacies, expect me to answer you as it's deserved.

Return to “General discussion about the game”