ETS2 1.41 Speculation Thread

mackintosh

Re: ETS2 1.41 Speculation Thread

#161 Post by mackintosh » 05 May 2021 09:43

Coding real simulation features take time. This was something they could have added in on the fly when the time was right, and so they did. I doubt it took much development time. It might even have been ready for a while now, just pushed back until new lighting. Besides, it *was* a highly requested feature by the community, both here and on social media. I don't care for it any more than you do, but who says some requests should take precedence over others? Judging by community reaction, people are happy, and happy people = sales. Also, pretty screenshots = even more sales. Win win.
J.Random

#162 Post by J.Random » 05 May 2021 10:33

I know. I'm not mad, just disappointed by them seemingly considering this a big enough feature to warrant a whole blog post and not just a sidenote to something more tangible. Judging by screenshots, all it is is a simple UI for stuff already implemented as console commands (with a wraparound to save game state and restore it on exit). I sincerely hope it was just a test task for a new hire/intern and not something that one (or more) of the seniors took a week or two to put together. But the overblown announcement makes me suspicious.
mackintosh

#163 Post by mackintosh » 05 May 2021 10:43

The overblown announcement is part of their new (well, not so new any more) marketing strategy. They have made a significant social media push and need a regular stream of fan-made content to sustain it. Pretty screenshots and gameplay videos are two sides of the same marketing coin. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a tool being developed for streamers and gameplay video creators that hasn't been announced yet. Though it may seem like all other development has taken a back seat to this blitz, I'm sure everything else is proceeding at the same pace it always had.
Some newbie driver

#164 Post by Some newbie driver » 05 May 2021 13:46

AkePhoe wrote: 05 May 2021 04:47because it takes away "the moment how it is you have to deal with".
Immersion is being in the "game/sim" and dealing with the moment as it is.
with the option to make the look, weather and daytime as you want it is no more a "photo" tool, it is just a "paint/make look how you like it".
It doesn't breaks nothing because as yourself said, it's an OPTION. If something like that breaks FOR YOU the immersion of the game, just ignore you can use those controls and done. Something breaks the immersion when people is forced to be used to it, like it or not.

@J.Random, SCS doesn't develop based in what WE consider more important (not even if we achieve the miracle to be mostly agree on what it could be). The develop based in THEIR interests and capabilities. Is up to us to consider if we keep playing their games or if we quit because we don't see the features we want to see added into the game. The only waste is the time people spent complaining SCS doesn't release based in player's priorities. It's a waste because SCS is not going to change their roadmap at all because of that kind of comments.

Regards
JD6

#165 Post by JD6 » 05 May 2021 16:20

@AkePhoe if we're going there, as far as I'm concerned ETS2 is way more arcadey than the Forza series. There's no feeling of weight on tires, no weight difference pressure from the trailer as you hit the brakes, no dirt, no engine failures, no damage. The AI drives like it's on rails and so on. I'm not complaining, just outlining a few things off the top of my head.

The new photo mode just as the rewind feature on Forza are optional. There's zero impact on gameplay or "realism" if you don't want to use it. If SCS adds zombie themed wheels pack* or Among Us steering wheels or any other "immersion breaking" item it's up to you not to use it.

*SCS... don't.

@J.Random It doesn't take time for coders. You can literally open console and type in the time of day in a few seconds as I always do for pictures or testing various visual settings. It's just a new feature and it needs a blog post because social media marketing matters a whole lot.
Marcello Julio

#166 Post by Marcello Julio » 05 May 2021 17:14

The team working on new features for the both games is divided into several small groups. They work on several projects at the same time. Most of these things, things that the community has been request for a long time, for example opening the truck window, this improvement in the photo mode and etc. No project interferes with the other, there are only priorities of what can come first.
wopito

#167 Post by wopito » 06 May 2021 07:03

fratrac wrote: 27 Apr 2021 16:58
wopito wrote: 27 Apr 2021 12:58
Constructive yeah!
That's why I'm against this because when I play my eyes stinging, and my head begins to break down. I assume the same thing will happen to many, but they still don’t know how to combine it with this “reform”. Then know when vision deteriorates.

Justice may compensate financially, but does not restore sight !!
This is quite OT now. Anyway, I think there might be something that has be tuned in your setup if you are experiencing such a bad time with 1.40. Maybe decrease your display's brightness and increase the ingame brightness, but I don't really know; I am not having issues with it at the moment
The settings are OK and correct. Yes, the reason is this lousy reform with which the authors ruined the whole game!

"Happy are the wooden heads, for they remain on the surface!"
J.Random

#168 Post by J.Random » 06 May 2021 07:28

@JD6 If you do it all the time, you must know that the ingame time can only go forward. If you set the time to, say, 2 hours back, it will loop around and it will be next day. And if you do it in photo mode, it carries over to driving, resulting in your driver immediately being dead tired. Which is why I mentioned the state save/restore, which has to be coded in. And that's just one immediately obvious caveat from the top of my head.
dsf.fernando

#169 Post by dsf.fernando » 06 May 2021 10:41

DubbelDraaiDeur wrote: 05 May 2021 17:20 - New spieces of ownable trailers (tankers, dumpers, car tansport, cattle transport,..)
I would say maybe even new cargo for some trailers. The livestock trailer, i.e., could carry also pigs
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
JD6

#170 Post by JD6 » 06 May 2021 16:49

@J.Random I get what you mean but I highly doubt the photo mode will mess with the in-game time. That would be a stupid decision and didn't even cross my mind. I'm sure it can be triggered w/o influencing anything.

Return to “General discussion about the game”