Realistic challenges

Corvinus

Re: Realistic challenges

#11 Post by Corvinus » 13 Apr 2021 09:49

I don't mind this as long as there's room to position yourself as needed.

Had a situation at a APP depot yesterday in Iberia where I came in the wrong way with a long heavy (I have automatic hard parking on, so I never know how they want it until I see the blinking marker) and got myself in a good bind. But It's all good fun, I like this kind of discovery and exploration. This is also why I like to play stock, because I never know if mod creators wanna mess extra with you and have even tested their own creations, while stock you are supposed to be able to do, so it never stresses me, I just look around for a solution until I see one. This distraction is a part of what I find enjoyable. Always play on WoT/external contracts as well, so no load game regrets.
paulieGTR

#12 Post by paulieGTR » 13 Apr 2021 10:18

Yeah, If I knew it was gonna' be, 'that' yard.. I'd usually either park nearby and walk across to the yard beforehand to have a look.
Or if it was possible and convenient, I'd drop the trailer and drive into the yard and ask where it's going.

But yeah, in ETS2/ATS If I'm not familiar with the yard, i'll sometimes drop the trailer and have a look to see what's there and around the 'drop' spot.
Never like going in blind, where you creep and crawl further and deeper.. and another bit further and deeper into the yard and all the while thinking..
I hope I don't get myself stuck.
Well, what goes in must come out - sometimes easier said than done. :)
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
Corvinus

#13 Post by Corvinus » 13 Apr 2021 15:31

Hehe, indeed.

That's solid advice.. Gonna start do that more often on big and deep yards I don't know. :)

I guess sometimes I just kinda hope for an extra challenge so I just drive in and see what happens.
paulieGTR

#14 Post by paulieGTR » 14 Apr 2021 10:36

Extra challenge.. yeah absolutely, this also.

I love hauling in ATS with HC Doubles.. they're the only trailers I ever, ever use.
Just so much fun, well I mean the hard parking challenges are.. still, would like them to be more difficult though. :)
Wish ETS2 had these HC trailers with jeeps/dolly's.
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat

Return to “General discussion about the game”