Iberia DLC looks great but i'm really disappointed - sadly.

paulieGTR

Iberia DLC looks great but i'm really disappointed - sadly.

#1 Post by paulieGTR » 10 Apr 2021 15:26

Hi devs.

First of all I need to say thankyou. The new Iberia DLC looks really nice and obviously a lot of work has been put into it.
However, I really do not mean to come across as an ingrate, but I'm so disappointed with it.

Here is why..
You said we would have narrow lanes and villages to drive through. There is absolutely none of that.
In fact, I do not think there is any country lanes/roads at all in the whole DLC.
Sure you can see villages in the scenery, but you cannot drive to them, nevermind go through them.

You said we'd have beautiful coastal roads to drive and discover, there is none.
I drove the whole outside circumference road, round the DLC.. and I think I saw the sea 3-4 times and even that was only a glimpse, for the
times I actually did see it. You could not get close to it.

The map is 99.99% motorways and it might even be 100%.

Why is the description in the steam store so different from the map that I purchased(returned).
I'll happily repurchase the DLC, but not for nearly 100% motorways.

Anyways, I know some folks in these forums will disagree and that's ok, but there's also folks in steam and other forums, that are disappointed too.
I just wanted to let you know and hope you take this as constructive criticism and feedback.
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
Some newbie driver

Re: Iberia DLC looks great but i'm really disappointed - sadly.

#2 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Apr 2021 15:43

As far as we know, they had to cut some content from the final DLC because they go too big.

Secondary roads are the usual victims on such a process.

Devs had used the orange-crossed approach on signals when they point to closed exits. But on several palces I've already seen non-crossed names. Some of them could be a missed cross, but some others I think they could be pointing to roads it weas supposed to be included when the signals were planned.

Regards
ygrecs88

#3 Post by ygrecs88 » 10 Apr 2021 16:35

Well I feel mostly the same. I have been expecting it. Now I am playing it. I think I have discovered more than half of the roads, and I just realized than 90% is all highways....
I can't believe then did this. I looked at the map, and indeed all the roads seem to be highways. So far, my truck has seen only empty countryside surrounding highways and rest areas. Beautiful sceneries alongside small typical roads like we have in Europe are completely absent...
Again, I can't believe it. This is a major disappointment for me. I was expecting roads like in Romania, Bulgaria, Estonia and so on. Magnificent Iberic Villages, beautiful roads visiting the mountain, nice farms, and so on....Nothing of that is in this DLC.
The quantity is here, 'cause the map is really huge and the graphics are really nice. But man the quality is not here. I am sad to say that it feels (personnal opinion here) like their worst DLC so far. They missed something by wanting to modelize a too big country.
My next thought : what will happen in heart of Russia ? This is a too big DLC....Will we see highways again ? Damn...I know SCS can do better than that. I still play Iberia 'cause I am happy I bought it. But it should have been way better.
Last edited by ygrecs88 on 10 Apr 2021 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
paulieGTR

#4 Post by paulieGTR » 10 Apr 2021 16:51

@Some newbie driver yeah I appreciate that.

I think if something had to give, it should've been some of the cities, leaving room for some small towns and villages.
But it makes me think that what they advertised and blogged it as, those places had never been modelled to start with and it was just someone with a
dev cam taking screenshots.

Just so disappointed that they saw fit not include any minor andor country roads. Essentially it is all motorways and no villages.
As i said, I returned it with heavy heart because of this.

Still, there's no excuse for misleading customers with the description of content on the steam store as it's more than far from the reality of, the content
being sold.
Definitely be thinking more than twice before I purchase any more DLCs, for both sims.

Although ATS has a lot of motorways/Interstates too, it has so much more in way of, routes and secondary roads.
If ATS starts being developed in a way where all we get is Interstates, in order to get content out quickly, then i'll not be purchasing any more of that either.

This is certainly not to be taken as any kind of threat, like a kid that throws it toys out the pram.. it's just the way I feel about it.

@ygrecs88 yep.
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
alluke

#5 Post by alluke » 10 Apr 2021 17:00

I agree and worst part is that every DLC is the same, just endless flat smooth highways.

ATS has had logging roads for over 3 years, when will we get these as well? They could be added to the existihg map with medium effort.
Some newbie driver

#6 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Apr 2021 17:20

alluke wrote: 10 Apr 2021 17:00I agree and worst part is that every DLC is the same, just endless flat smooth highways.
I suppose you are aware than, as like you (and previous people here) have that opinion, it's not the only one. I mean, last year this side of the forum has been FULL of people complaining about the secondary roads on BtBS and wanted a full highway German-like style map.

I mean, I would had liked more secondary roads; but at this very same moment there's lot of people cheering with champagne because of how has become the map. Just be aware of that.

And paulieGTR, be fair in you complains, because it's false we have no small town or farm or rural zones. What we (almost) don't have in the released map is contiguous roads that aren't highways. But so far for what I know, we have all those places that had been showcased prior to release. They had not "devcamed" to places that finally didn't become a thing. I'm not saying you have to not to be disappointed, just that your claims about what disappointed you be real and fair.

Regards
Arvidsson-Källqvist

#7 Post by Arvidsson-Källqvist » 10 Apr 2021 17:35

Did you look at google maps to see the real road infrastructure of Spain and Portugal? I guess not, the roads that trucks take there are overwhelmingly motorways and expressways. There are exeptions but you should also take into account the scale. If you "narrowwindyroad" demanding folks want pain in the a** local roads functioning as trucking troughfares, where you cant even cover 500 km's in 9 hours, you're wellcomed in RttBS and (to a lesser extent) BtBS territory anyday.

I'm getting tired of these complaints... It's a trucking game not a tourist caravan simulator! Upsetting thing is that SCS actually listens to you guys, probably thats the exact reason why SCS left out major importance roads from RttBS and built completely unnecessary detouring slow not truckworty roads nearby instead. (Looking at you Bran pass..)

Oh and about those logging roads, I'm pretty sure we'll get those type of roads in Hearth of Russia. I couldn't really imagine those kinds of roads in Iberia to be fair.
Company: DK International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL

(Proud Volvo fanboy since 2001)
paulieGTR

#8 Post by paulieGTR » 10 Apr 2021 18:08

There's no need to start making it personal because you happen to disagree with what's been posted.

+ no-one was asking for pita roads as the main trucking thoroughfairs, far from it and that is not what I said in any way shape or form.
I still think the description of content on the steam store is more than far from the reality, of the content being sold.
Byzantine

#9 Post by Byzantine » 10 Apr 2021 19:27

paulieGTR wrote: 10 Apr 2021 16:51
As i said, I returned it with heavy heart because of this.
I've purchased the DLC but not driven any of it yet. I respect your opinion, as they say "each to their own".

However I can't for a moment ever think I'd consider asking for a refund even if I was disappointed, the big grey empty space on the south west corner of my map screen would just keep eating away at me. :)
Towel

#10 Post by Towel » 10 Apr 2021 19:35

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote: 10 Apr 2021 17:35 Did you look at google maps to see the real road infrastructure of Spain and Portugal? I guess not, the roads that trucks take there are overwhelmingly motorways and expressways. There are exeptions but you should also take into account the scale. If you "narrowwindyroad" demanding folks want pain in the a** local roads functioning as trucking troughfares, where you cant even cover 500 km's in 9 hours, you're wellcomed in RttBS and (to a lesser extent) BtBS territory anyday.

I'm getting tired of these complaints... It's a trucking game not a tourist caravan simulator! Upsetting thing is that SCS actually listens to you guys, probably thats the exact reason why SCS left out major importance roads from RttBS and built completely unnecessary detouring slow not truckworty roads nearby instead. (Looking at you Bran pass..)

Oh and about those logging roads, I'm pretty sure we'll get those type of roads in Hearth of Russia. I couldn't really imagine those kinds of roads in Iberia to be fair.

the people who complained didnt really look into romania. The country has got almost no real highways just secondary roads. Iberia however has got both of them, plenty. They couldve been added. "i couldnt imagine those kinds of roads in Iberia to be fair" you mean that you expected that scs wouldn't have added them? Well... scs has been teasing us so much with the secondary roads and villages that everyone expected them to be added. SCS basically lied, but they could make it up with a future update.

Return to “General discussion about the game”