Iberia DLC looks great but i'm really disappointed - sadly.

FloxAir

Re: Iberia DLC looks great but i'm really disappointed - sadly.

#11 Post by FloxAir » 10 Apr 2021 22:40

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote: 10 Apr 2021 17:35 Did you look at google maps to see the real road infrastructure of Spain and Portugal? I guess not, the roads that trucks take there are overwhelmingly motorways and expressways. There are exeptions but you should also take into account the scale. If you "narrowwindyroad" demanding folks want pain in the a** local roads functioning as trucking troughfares, where you cant even cover 500 km's in 9 hours, you're wellcomed in RttBS and (to a lesser extent) BtBS territory anyday.

I'm getting tired of these complaints... It's a trucking game not a tourist caravan simulator! Upsetting thing is that SCS actually listens to you guys, probably thats the exact reason why SCS left out major importance roads from RttBS and built completely unnecessary detouring slow not truckworty roads nearby instead. (Looking at you Bran pass..)

Oh and about those logging roads, I'm pretty sure we'll get those type of roads in Hearth of Russia. I couldn't really imagine those kinds of roads in Iberia to be fair.
I'm Portuguese, and I can guarantee you that road infrastructure is NOT overwhelmingly motorways and expressways.
Portugal has one of the longest European continuous road, the National 2 (N2), that goes from Chaves to Faro (739Km). It was a missed opportunity to delivery beautiful landscapes, villages, and country roads.
Spain is huge, I bet it has thousands of country roads and awesome landscape.
When we play and France or Italy, when we drive in Germany or Sweden it's easy to notice the Iberia lacks content. That's a fact.
It's still a trucking game fore sure, just with much less value for money.
NoDe31

#12 Post by NoDe31 » 11 Apr 2021 06:10

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote: 10 Apr 2021 17:35 Did you look at google maps to see the real road infrastructure of Spain and Portugal? I guess not, the roads that trucks take there are overwhelmingly motorways and expressways. There are exeptions but you should also take into account the scale. If you "narrowwindyroad" demanding folks want pain in the a** local roads functioning as trucking troughfares, where you cant even cover 500 km's in 9 hours, you're wellcomed in RttBS and (to a lesser extent) BtBS territory anyday.

I'm getting tired of these complaints... It's a trucking game not a tourist caravan simulator! Upsetting thing is that SCS actually listens to you guys, probably thats the exact reason why SCS left out major importance roads from RttBS and built completely unnecessary detouring slow not truckworty roads nearby instead. (Looking at you Bran pass..)

Oh and about those logging roads, I'm pretty sure we'll get those type of roads in Hearth of Russia. I couldn't really imagine those kinds of roads in Iberia to be fair.
Like yeah, who ever saw trucks taking local roads for one reason or another... That stuff happens just in dreams... Or not... And honestly scenery is main selling point for map DLC, and that one got very boring one... RttBS is annoying one, but not because of "local roads" but because they did not include just major cities, but also so much villages that you need to slow down to 50kmh every 30sec, and that is just annoying, but scenery alone is second best looking to scandinavia map... Iberia is most lazy and boring map in whole ETS2...
There should be some mid ground between having some local roads, but at same time dont include every single village you can find on Google Maps...
snare85

#13 Post by snare85 » 11 Apr 2021 06:42

Iberia is made at a very high level, but only highways - this is not good. I join people who believe that there are few narrow roads.
I mean (for example):
Attachments
150607-D914-01 (1).jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
spain-roads1.jpg
plykkegaard

#14 Post by plykkegaard » 11 Apr 2021 08:12

Compared with other DLCs, Iberia is nice

No elevation you say? Iberia is the first place I reached +120 km/h downhill on an external contract (CC off)
I think it was a trip from Salamanca to Porto contracted by SCS Paper
A lot of places I can reach +98 km/h downhill

If you just bobtail around you are not going to experience the unique companies, the occasional narrow and winding roads
Go off the highways to get fuel and meet the locals

Don't take the game description literally, I had never come true for any DLC
The game is all about international trucking if anything is missing I am quite sure ProMods will fill the gap

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
HRTrucking

#15 Post by HRTrucking » 11 Apr 2021 09:09

@Arvidsson-Källqvist if you look at the Spanish national roads. You'll see they mostly go around villages or they're a 70km/h road with not a lot of traffic lights. In Spain you can do a lot of kilometers while driving national roads. Even the smaller ones through the mountains go really well. I've been to Spain quite a lot with a truck.
For France it's the same national roads there are usually quite quick as well. The E62 has a lot of N roads in France and isn't called the Portuguese route without a reason.

In RttBS SCS put to many small villages in for my feeling. Haven't been there in real life so don't know how it is. But it felt like some places in northern France where you leave one village and almost directly enter the next one, not nice to drive when its busy.
paulieGTR

#16 Post by paulieGTR » 11 Apr 2021 09:29

plykkegaard wrote: 11 Apr 2021 08:12 snip...
Don't take the game description literally, I had never come true for any DLC
The game is all about international trucking if anything is missing I am quite sure ProMods will fill the gap
Yeah mentioning Promods with a brand new DLC just doesn't cut it I'm afraid. What about folks, their customers, on a 'vanilla' profile.
How else are we meant to decide when purchasing addons, if not going with what was advertised.

SCS say, "they do not support mods", yet in an Interview when asked about..
"why does the Scandinavia DLC contain so few roads and what about the northern part of the map"?
The real reply Was.. "We have to leave some room for the modders".

SCS cannot have it both ways, they either support mods or they do not. Is it the case, they do support mods/modders but only the right kind of modders.
If that be the case, then it's bias and two faced from what they tell us.

Anyways..
I do not want to turn this into a topic about mods because with a new DLC, that should be the furthest thing from our minds.
..and the devs, when designing their maps. If what they tell us, is true.

The fact is..
their blogs and posts made great emphasis and focused on driving through these secondary roads, villages, coastal roads and the beautiful countryside,
none of which, really materialised.

@HRTrucking I agree there too.
Although in Iberia, that is why they could have spread the villages and small towns out with distance, so that the speed limits and momentum flowed along nicely.
Last edited by paulieGTR on 11 Apr 2021 09:50, edited 2 times in total.
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
HRTrucking

#17 Post by HRTrucking » 11 Apr 2021 09:44

They do not support mods when something goes wrong with your game. So they're not responsible for if your game goes wrong because of mods.
That's why you get the text with the mods installed.

It's weird if they'd really leave stuff out for the modders to do.

In Spain the flow usually is a lot better through the villages. Or you need to get on really small roads, had some on my way to companies that where just wide enough for one truck in places. The whole road you wouldn't see a car or truck and in that small village you'd see 2 trucks and a line of cars :lol: . But people wait in right places and all is fine. In game such a narrow road in a village could only be done with traffic lights.

I hope to see the sea in the north of Spain. I've been to a milk (infant nutrition) factory in Navia (looks like the paper factory is in game) and that was an amazing road from Bilbao to Navia with a lot of sea view.
Hope the link works, this was kind of a standard photo stop and if it was time to eat I went to the restaurant. The exit itself is interesting as well.

Mirador Castro-Urdiales
https://maps.app.goo.gl/ip4UX1ChQXtxSkYJA

Factory we sometimes go to
Ilas Industrias Lácteas Asturianas
https://maps.app.goo.gl/8nCYw2AHjjfS3RTo9
paulieGTR

#18 Post by paulieGTR » 11 Apr 2021 10:02

re. where you say that "it's weird if they'd really leave stuff out for the modders to do"..
'leaving room for the modders'.. that is an Official interview and published video.

Such a shame they left so much out, especially scenery views like that of which you were kind enough to share: "Mirador Castro-Urdiales".
thankyou.
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
ScaniaR620V81

#19 Post by ScaniaR620V81 » 11 Apr 2021 12:19

As a Spanish residing that I reside in a small town in the center of Spain, I am going to tell you that you are right that it is not a caravan simulator, but it is that for my town, for example, it crosses a secondary road through which everyone but EVERY day crosses dozens of trucks and they do not just cross the landscape and there is a highway practically next to it
On the other hand, if it is true that trucks go almost everything on the highway or highway, but there also a good number of truckers deviate from these roads and drive along them only because they want to drive relaxed, they have time to go along them or to stop at eat something since in the secondary roads of here in Spain there are thousands and thousands of roadside restaurants which the vast majority of customers are truckers who stop there for what I have already said for dinner, lunch or simply have a coffee to continue their route I say it from the knowledge my father is a truck driver and most of the times he goes by highway yes but he also goes a lot on secondary roads
Last edited by ScaniaR620V81 on 11 Apr 2021 17:36, edited 2 times in total.
dsf.fernando

#20 Post by dsf.fernando » 11 Apr 2021 16:45

Complementing the case of the post above, I reside in a mid-to-large city in Portugal, and it is crossed by two highways on the western and eastern sides, but the busiest access to the city is the central local motorway which goes through the center of the city.
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)

Return to “General discussion about the game”