Iberia DLC looks great but i'm really disappointed - sadly.

MacCekko

Re: Iberia DLC looks great but i'm really disappointed - sadly.

#41 Post by MacCekko » 13 Apr 2021 12:47

Perhaps the expectations for Iberia DLC grew somehow too high, after all this waiting for months. It would be very understandable under the psychological aspect, all in all I guess.
I am not disappointed, nor particularly pleased as well with Iberia DLC, to be honest. I have just finished 'my part' of the Cruising Event, so I still have to get back within it and reach many different places yet.

On a side note, did anyone notice some kind of slow-down in framerate in various places? I still need to test this, trying to understand if it's me (meaning “my perception”) rather than the places around really not perfectly optimized after all. The rush in releasing it could well have been the reason for this, but as said… it could very well be my (bad) perception.
Thank you.
MoBo Asus ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi • Intel Core i7-13700KF (13th Gen) @ 3.4 GHz • Asus ROG Strix Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24 Gb • 32 Gb RAM • Win 10 Pro 64-bit • Asus ROG STRIX XG32UQ 32" monitor @ 4K (3840x2160) & 160 Hz
plykkegaard

#42 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Apr 2021 13:18

Nor worse nor better

I have seen some insane unexplainable drops in Iberia out on the contryside where the game is usually runnig with 70-85 fps
It could be caused by asset loading from disk only explanation I can give atm though the system is loading from a SSD
Last edited by plykkegaard on 14 Apr 2021 08:59, edited 1 time in total.

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
HRTrucking

#43 Post by HRTrucking » 14 Apr 2021 08:50

So far it feels a bit flat in Iberia. Some places the scenery gives the feeling that your driving higher. But the roads haven't done that so far.

For FPS I had only a couple minor lag thing's. And 1 big one in A Coruna. Think I'm pushing my laptop to the limit as well. Everything maxed out, except mirrors that's one lower. And using Fred Scania and Kast Ekeri both with enough lights. Normally I turn the mirrors one more down on distance and the resolution one more. Only just remembered I had them up to see how it did with a vanilla truck :lol:
dsf.fernando

#44 Post by dsf.fernando » 14 Apr 2021 09:24

plykkegaard wrote: 13 Apr 2021 08:49 SCS can make perfectly fine rumble strips, I don't know if they are common in Spain? Or they were omitted due to time constraints
In Portugal its presence depends on the road: A1 as far as i've researched doesn't have them, but A8 and A17 (which are not in the game) have them
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
paulieGTR

#45 Post by paulieGTR » 14 Apr 2021 09:59

thankyou dsf, good to know.
===
===

When I look at ATS and going up the PCH, Route 101 through Oregon and Washington, places like.. 'thor's well' area comes to mind.
That coastal road is like.. woahwee you've gotta be kiddin me, is this freakin' beautiful or what ..and it lasts the whole coastal route.

..and this is what made me disappointed more than anything else with the Iberia Peninsula.
I was like, woah(still thinking about ATS), can't wait to drive around that Peninsual and take in the sights.. this is gonna' be amazing, can't wait.

Like I was saying earlier in here..
it wasn't really so much the case of no secondary roads and villages as per se, but to leave out that beatiful coastal road was an absolute crime.
I mean, they could've just put a very small village at three or four points round that road, or even just the odd couple of cottages..
that would've been perfect in my eyes but.. yeah I'm really sad man.
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
SpacePh

#46 Post by SpacePh » 14 Apr 2021 10:29

dsf.fernando wrote: 14 Apr 2021 09:24 In Portugal its presence depends on the road: A1 as far as i've researched doesn't have them, but A8 and A17 (which are not in the game) have them
Hello.
A1 has rumble strips, at least from Aveiro to Porto. But a fast search in google maps we can see them also in Coimbra or Leiria.
(Coimbra: https://goo.gl/maps/Znx7XzpY6BPrH52FA | Leiria: https://goo.gl/maps/MdJBE7KfRvmd9Z3i8 )
Last edited by SpacePh on 14 Apr 2021 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
supersobes
Global moderator

#47 Post by supersobes » 14 Apr 2021 11:04

For me, I'm quite satisfied with the road network in Iberia. I love the network of toll roads and motorways. It was one of the things I loved aboit France and Italy, so I'm very happy to see it continued into Spain and Portugal. The Interstates are my favourite part about ATS, so I like to find similar roads in ETS2. For me, Road to the Black Sea was disappointing because of its lack of continuous highways. Comparing the game map to Google Maps, it looks like a lot of the high speed, limited access motorways and expressways were intentionally truncated to make way for smaller roads. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the addition of smaller roads; they are fun to drive too. However, I think cutting roads short for the sake of road variety is not a good way of doing things. It causes the annoying scenario where the driver must constantly turn onto another road just to get some place when in the real world the same trio would be a straight shot down one road.
Shiva

#48 Post by Shiva » 14 Apr 2021 11:50

Comparing Route 101 and CA1 to the Iberian roads is a bit unfair. Please, compare the distance from CA-1/US-101 to I-5.
Or a bit unrealistic expectations, in my opinion.
What coastal roads would you have wanted in? Example?
Maybe something like this? West end and east end is ingame. Sadly there seems to be a road closure at Leumar Be, when I did this example?
Some might have been possible of those smaller coastal roads.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
plykkegaard

#49 Post by plykkegaard » 14 Apr 2021 11:52

Add the roads international transport uses, maybe not so much local intercity transport in case of limited space due to scale
City centers is usually not for international trannsport but local distribution

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
dsf.fernando

#50 Post by dsf.fernando » 14 Apr 2021 12:08

SpacePh wrote: 14 Apr 2021 10:29 Hello.
A1 has rumble strips, at least from Aveiro to Porto. But a fast search in google maps we can see them also in Coimbra or Leiria.
(Coimbra: https://goo.gl/maps/Znx7XzpY6BPrH52FA | Leiria: https://goo.gl/maps/MdJBE7KfRvmd9Z3i8 )
Thanks for the correction. I may have ignored the rumble strips in A1 because i did not saw any sign indicating the road has them like in A8 and A17.
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)

Return to “General discussion about the game”