Iberia DLC looks great but i'm really disappointed - sadly.

snare85

Re: Iberia DLC looks great but i'm really disappointed - sadly.

#61 Post by snare85 » 15 Apr 2021 03:48

angrybirdseller wrote: 15 Apr 2021 03:29 8-) Small roads are rarely used if highway near delivers the goods faster. Logistics normally happens in suburb or city away from large urban areas.

Some of these complaints about Iberia are ridiculous to be honest.
One thing does not interfere with the other. The game will be more interesting. Turn on the farms-transport the raw materials from the farm to the factory, from the factory the finished product to another country.
NemesysTrans

#62 Post by NemesysTrans » 15 Apr 2021 05:23

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote: 10 Apr 2021 17:35 Did you look at google maps to see the real road infrastructure of Spain and Portugal? I guess not, the roads that trucks take there are overwhelmingly motorways and expressways. There are exeptions but you should also take into account the scale. If you "narrowwindyroad" demanding folks want pain in the a** local roads functioning as trucking troughfares, where you cant even cover 500 km's in 9 hours, you're wellcomed in RttBS and (to a lesser extent) BtBS territory anyday.

I'm getting tired of these complaints... It's a trucking game not a tourist caravan simulator! Upsetting thing is that SCS actually listens to you guys, probably thats the exact reason why SCS left out major importance roads from RttBS and built completely unnecessary detouring slow not truckworty roads nearby instead. (Looking at you Bran pass..)

Oh and about those logging roads, I'm pretty sure we'll get those type of roads in Hearth of Russia. I couldn't really imagine those kinds of roads in Iberia to be fair.
I have to agree that driving through RttBS is kind of a pain in the a... Not only because it's mostly secondary roads but because most routes are always the same. I'm starting to have all the way from London to Istanbul memorized. Or from Berlin. Or from Paris. It seems I always end up on the same roads in Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey. To the point I was starting to think these countries don't have any highway infrastructure. But I understand some people being disappointed. I enjoyed the DLC but it sure would have been fun to drive through small villages, occasionally. I've seen the sea a couple of times but, yeah, no way to get close to it. I think they could have balanced it a little better.
Quark

#63 Post by Quark » 15 Apr 2021 08:40

supersobes wrote: 15 Apr 2021 01:31 One of the main ones that comes in mind for me is the A1 in Romania, which is traced in pink on the map below. I'm aware that this road isn't fully completed in real-life either, but looking around on Google Maps, I see lots of E roads that run parallel to the completed sections that also continue, linking the completed sections together. I think SCS could have added roads such as the E81 and E68 to construct a more logical road network. Instead they opted to include the roads with the red route shield (I'm sorry, I don't know what these roads are called in Romania) that appear to be more like secondary roads when compared to the E roads.
Yes the section of E81 which links A1 east of Hunedoara with the city of Pitesti is actually Olt valley which i mentioned above and they should have added this
road no doubt about it.
angrybirdseller wrote: 15 Apr 2021 03:29 8-) Small roads are rarely used if highway near delivers the goods faster. Logistics normally happens in suburb or city away from large urban areas.

Glad for high density of freeways instead of over winding narrow roads.

The fact that there are too few secondary/small/2 lane/national/whatever you want to call it - roads in the Iberia DLC is not a ridiculous complaint.
95% freeways, that's not a healthy balance, certainly not. Yes, of course, the freeway network of Iberia is well developed, yes of course majority of freight
haulage takes place on these freeways and yes of course ETS2 is a trucking simulator and not a sightseeing simulator and that's all well and good and right and everything, and still.....the balance is simply too extremely one sided in favour of the motorways. To make that clear again, secondary roads NOT INSTEAD of
the motorways but IN ADDITION, just alone to fill some of the bigger gaps on the map between the motorways (compare it with Vive la France, which has also a
decent freeway network not much unlike Iberia but still with quite a lot of linking secondary roads in between). And it looks like they had originally planned to add one or two or three more such roads into Iberia anyways but time problems seem to have hindered this unfortunately.
LAFAYET47

#64 Post by LAFAYET47 » 15 Apr 2021 09:02

@Quark you are right, who would say no to secondary roads as an addition and not as a replacement of highways? The problem is, we have to come to concrete facts. Many people playing this game fail to realize that you cant simply put many highways and many secondary roads in 1:19. Sure something could be done about adding some additional secondary roads, but dont expect much because there is simply no space. I would like to all those very interested in secondary roads to start being a little bit less vague in their requests, if there is an audience of this game so interested in secondary roads, why dont they propose IRL roads that could fit in the map and the game scale and actually make sense? Only thing they would have to do is look on a map. Claiming that "we want more secondary roads" but not actually suggest any seems like senseless request to me.
Jatruck

#65 Post by Jatruck » 15 Apr 2021 09:08

Actually there are many secondary roads in Iberia. Two big and many small to reach the companies.

IMO it's a very good DLC (the best DLC ever). Plenty of roads to drive, mostly without tolls :D, and diversity of landscapes (from forest to desert).

I only find two negative points:

1. Autovía A-23 (Autovía Mudéjar) missing mountains. It would be the best part of it (especially from Gilet to Segorbe). Maybe it's for the scale, or maybe it's mountain allergy affecting ETS2. :D

2. No Pyrenees roads. This could be fixed in the future, if SCS wants. ;)

Finally, some optimization is needed, because for most people exists stuttering in many different areas.
paulieGTR

#66 Post by paulieGTR » 15 Apr 2021 09:24

angrybirdseller wrote: 15 Apr 2021 03:29snip...

Well obviously you must be talking about ridiculous complaints in other threads, cause I don't really see any in this thread.
The main objective here.. was to give constructive feedback, not criticism, nor a general disrespect to the devs.

There's no doubt that there's a lot of time been spent and a ton of work put into making Iberia ..and the roads flow along quite nicely.
For the devs I'll give credit where credit's due and Iberia is definitely worthy of that.
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
Shiva

#67 Post by Shiva » 15 Apr 2021 12:28

@supersobes Without those roads you marked pink, there would have been almost no highways in Romania.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
dsf.fernando

#68 Post by dsf.fernando » 15 Apr 2021 23:51

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote: 10 Apr 2021 17:35 Did you look at google maps to see the real road infrastructure of Spain and Portugal? I guess not, the roads that trucks take there are overwhelmingly motorways and expressways.
The official data on the infrastructures of Portugal say the opposite, as confirmed by estimated data on IC2 by the contractor which built the sound barriers present in IC2 from Batalha to its end south of Vila Nova de Gaia (warning to Portuguese-speaking users: the methodology used to calculate average traffic was VERY confusing). Why? Well, a 4x2 truck with a semitrailer with two or more axles, traveling from Lisbon to Porto, on the bounds of the cities defined by the SCS map, would pay 55€ to do the 280km travel, as it can be verified in the own official portal of the Portuguese highways. Making that very route monday to friday just once would give a final cost of over 1000€ per month only in tolls (For a comparison, the gross minimum wage in Portugal is 665€, while the gross average salary in Portugal is a bit over 1260€). Doing the same route by IC2 would give cost you at most 5€, since the only mandatory toll is the one from the exit of Lisbon to the entry of IC2 in Carregado. Lisbon to Aveiro by IC1? Just under 50€. By IC2? Less than what a car would pay only to cross A8.

So, TD;DR: Portuguese people (and specially truckers) are stingy and the motorways and expressways may be very busy and used inside Lisbon and Porto, but for going from Lisbon to Porto, IC2 is the prefered and busiest road, specially for trucking and logistics. Since truckers are limited to do a single Lisbon-Porto trip per day due to driving time laws, loading and unloading times and other things, they prefer to go though the cheapest, not the fastest way, only taking the motorways and expressways when strictly necessary (and possibly when carrying fragile/high value/dangerous cargo for safety)
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
angrybirdseller

#69 Post by angrybirdseller » 16 Apr 2021 06:58

Spain it has lots of highways what fastest route from point A to B sometimes it backroad, but with lower speed limits. The best option going to be express-ways going 75-80km compares to 50-70km .

People made same complaints in Italy DLC couple years ago not being able to go near downtown Rome.

Black Sea you cant hit cruise till your there its more pay attention driving while Iberia hit the cruise control and relax till your near delivery spot.

Iberia sure be more roads added in time with updates like they did with France.
Freeze338

#70 Post by Freeze338 » 19 Apr 2021 13:49

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote: 10 Apr 2021 17:35
I'm getting tired of these complaints... It's a trucking game not a tourist caravan simulator! Upsetting thing is that SCS actually listens to you guys, probably thats the exact reason why SCS left out major importance roads from RttBS and built completely unnecessary detouring slow not truckworty roads nearby instead. (Looking at you Bran pass..)
First of all you cannot judge what part of the game people enjoy. Personally I prioritize scenery as well. That's why I love ATS way more than ETS2. And I don't get the people who doesn't care about scenery.

Secondly the trucking that you are menitoning is existing in NA. Driving 70mph coast to coast with 3 runs that takes about a month. Showering , washing your clothes in truck stops not in shiny hotels, living in your truck not only driving. That's the true life style which existed in US. The most resource consuming country that you have to supply with your trucks. So what trucking lesson are you trying to give in here?

Even let's skip the regional part you said trucking. How many times you make a stop just because you need to pee, you need to eat in this game? How many times your ELD says you have to take a break and you stop in this game? How many times your engine lamp start to shine in middle of no where and get random malfunction in this game? How many times your fuel consumption changed when you put aero parts in your truck? How many times you put your tire chains because of the snow? How many times your truck has leaking air or cooling liquid and you tried to fix by yourself because you are in a hurry? How many times you get out of your truck for doing paper work in companies that you deliver a load? How many times you changed your trailer axle position to make a better weight distrubition in this game? How many times wind affects your balance when you are driving?

This job is hard and stressful. But there are good parts of it and that's the "tourist caravan simulator" part.

Let's talk about in game. If scenery is not important why are you buying DLC ? There are pretty much roads exist in base map. Why most of the people wants reskin for older parts? If this is not a "tourist caravan simulator!" reskins and new DLC's are unnecessary.

Return to “General discussion about the game”