[Iberia DLC] Garages positioning and Special Transport DLC.

Trenero

[Iberia DLC] Garages positioning and Special Transport DLC.

#1 Post by Trenero » 11 Apr 2021 16:12

Hello I was playing the Iberia DLC and I found something i feel is annoying for the Special transport DLC, to do chill quick jobs with my trucks.
If you want to do the routes with you own truck, there is no Garage on Gijon or in Olhao to change trucks or do a quick travel to the job.
I looked at the other Special transport jobs and in all of them except for 2, there are garage and a repair point at the start city.
The only you don't have garage at the starting point are Trelleborg(S) but in this case the garage is in Malmo(S) less than 100km away and atleast you can repair the truck in Trelleborg, the other case is Resita(RO) where the nearest garage and the repair point are aprox less than 150km away.

Returning to the iberian case where you can not fast travel to the job place, if you want to change trucks for the work in the case of Olhao the nearest garage is more than 350km far away, for that distance it starts to take some time to travel it but atleast you can repair your truck in Olhao or change their configuration.
In the case of Gijon is worst the nearest garage is in Bilbao at more than 300 km, but Gijon don't have repair point so you can't repair or change the configuration of the truck on Gijon, the nearest repair point is in Leon more than 170km away, that makes the full trip to the repair center and back more than 340km and 2 tolls.
And other thing more if you are doing jobs in Spain in the Cantabric coast there only garages and repair points in A Coruña and Bilbao which are more than 650km away, thats a long way for solve the unexpect things.

[ external image ]

For that reasons i think both cities should have a Garage to improve the garage network of the Iberia DLC and cover the space better.
Olhao to cover all the south of Portugal and change truck for the special transport.
And Gijon too to cover all the Cantabric coast and change trucks to do the special transport, and in the case of Gijon have at least a repair point to change configurations and made repairs while you travel for the coast or before do the special transport.

What do you think guys?

Greetings from Iberia.(Sorry for my English)
dsf.fernando

Re: [Iberia DLC] Garages positioning and Special Transport DLC.

#2 Post by dsf.fernando » 11 Apr 2021 16:48

I would position the garage in Faro, since it's the main city and economic hub of Algarve
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Some newbie driver

#3 Post by Some newbie driver » 11 Apr 2021 17:14

Olhäo does have a garage already.
Komen

#4 Post by Komen » 11 Apr 2021 17:52

Only Lisbon, Coimbra and Porto have garages in Portugal I'm pretty sure
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en
Some newbie driver

#5 Post by Some newbie driver » 11 Apr 2021 17:53

I'm looking a perfectly clear symbol of garage in the map in the middle of Olhäo. Just north of EPPA yard.

Sorry, I confused english garage with Spanish word. I was talking of a repair workshop.
Trenero

#6 Post by Trenero » 11 Apr 2021 18:41

dsf.fernando, I suggested Olhao because is the start of a special transport job and that will make things easy, but Faro i think could be valid too because its near and Olhao already has a repair workshop. We can agree that we miss at least one garage at the south of Portugal Olhao or Faro.
And in my case I miss another garage and repair shop at the Cantabric coast of Spain, in this case I proposed Gijon for the same reason, is the start of a special transport job, and is almost centered in the middle of the road between A Coruña and Bilbao, (And Gijon is bigger than A Coruña,or Santander, or Leon)

Return to “General discussion about the game”