Which Countryside area do you enjoy driving in?

Which Countryside do you enjoy driving in the most?

Base Map
3%
Going East
No votes
Scandinavia
13%
Vive La France
15%
Italia
8%
Beyond the Baltic Sea
30%
Road to the Black Sea
20%
Iberia
13%

Total votes: 40

Komen

Which Countryside area do you enjoy driving in?

#1 Post by Komen » 21 Apr 2021 17:38

I decided to make this poll to see what countryside area you all enjoy driving in. In my personal preference I enjoy driving the the BtBs countryside as there is quite a peaceful vibe to it with the lush forests and flat farmlands. :lol: Don't get me wrong I did quite enjoy driving in the Iberia country side as there is a vast amount of terrain and the deserts in Spain were something new and interesting to drive through in all of ETS2. In Romania and Bulgaria there is a good amount of mountainous roads to drive through and I do quite like the lush forestry in the North Western part of Bulgaria. Viva La France also has some great farmlands too but gets a bit boring driving through consistent tolls same goes with Italia but the secondary roads are quite delightful. The only highlight about Scandinavia is the mountains in Norway and the underground tunnels are breathtaking to drive through. As we look at older areas I do quite enjoy driving through the Alps in both Austria and Switzerland even though these areas are aging and have limited archietechure I'm looking forward to some upcoming upgrades to Austria which is hopefully next. Lastly Going East, yes it is quite a satisfactory map but the main highlight is the forestry in Slovakia.

You are more than welcome to share your opinions below.

If there is any polls similar to this I do apologise and this thread can be locked.
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en
oldmanclippy

Re: Which Countryside area do you enjoy driving in?

#2 Post by oldmanclippy » 21 Apr 2021 19:27

Beyond the Baltic Sea is my favorite area in the game to drive in. The dense forests of Russia, the lakes of Finland, and the flatlands of ELL+Kaliningrad are all very peaceful and serene to drive through. Fantastic road network, and lots of secondary roads without having them be annoying like RttBS.

I can't speak to Iberia so far because I've stuck mostly to the freeways, but the few countryside roads I've driven on so far are fantastic (particularly the road from Murcia to Alguena). I think this will end up being a close second to BtBS, with the chance to pass it in the future if SCS adds more secondary roads.

Road to the Black Sea is visually stunning on its secondary roads in both Romania and Bulgaria (it would be nice if Turkey got a secondary road), but they can get annoying to drive on because the secondary roads are used so frequently in that part of the map.

Vive la France is starting to show its age with many of its primary roads being monotonous and similar to each other, but the secondary roads through the French countryside are sublime.

Italia's secondary roads are excellent, but there are lots that I still haven't driven so I can't completely speak to it.

In 5 or so years when Scandinavia is hopefully reworked, I think it will be amazing. Scandinavia was such a huge leap forward from Base and Going East in terms of road network, vistas, and overall quality. I especially like the single lane roads in Norway that lead to prefabs.

Reworked Germany has some pretty nice secondary roads as well, hopefully the Base map and Going East will get better secondary roads as SCS retouches them more.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
paulieGTR

#3 Post by paulieGTR » 22 Apr 2021 11:58

I voted, 'Beyond the Baltic Sea'.

Saying that..
I mostly enjoy hauling with no special preference, to and from the 'RusMap' and 'Southern Region', always looking for the longest hauls and heaviest loads.
What these modding teams have managed to capture is truly amazing. All the roads in both regions are well modeled, optimised to a good standard and
the road network is second to none.
The roads really flow, even with the changes in speed limits throughout the maps and the gradients being really steep, they can be difficult to climb.
The narrow road network and single lane highways are something both the modding teams have really managed to capture and done a very good job.
Of'cos I'm not saying the maps are absolutely or totally flawless, but they are my fav maps out of all the maps released for ets2.

I fear and with no disrespect to scs.. when HOR comes, I hope it won't spoil these maps, but compliment them.
I have great respect for the 'RusMap' and 'Southern Region' teams and the scs devs could do worse, than to take inspiration from those maps and
the folks that made them.

For anyone who has not tried the 'RusMap and Southern Region'.. honestly, you should give them a go.
Win10pro/X299pro/i9.10920X/64gbQC/Antec 1Kw SigPlat/3090 TUF/27" triples multimon2
T500-alu shifter+Eaton knob-GTomegaPro-318ti Dash-ProGauge-BU0836x BBox-tir5+tc pro-924 seat
Komen

#4 Post by Komen » 22 Apr 2021 13:00

When HoR comes out I feel that overall I will prefer it more than Iberia in terms of driving in secondary roads. In my preference I prefer driving in secondary roads as long as there is a fair share amount of highway systems like BttBs. I feel the landscape of HoR will be quite simular to the smaller part of Western Russia featured in BttBs (Leningrad), which is an area I do quite enjoy driving in overall.
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en

Return to “General discussion about the game”