Stop "Game Changes" That arent major from cancelling my run

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Stop "Game Changes" That arent major from cancelling my run

#31 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 30 Apr 2021 20:14

this will never happen, the garage wont change position ever, or SCS would have implemented a different solution for changes to the map and/or economy
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#32 Post by Some newbie driver » 30 Apr 2021 20:18

The garages change position with updates @xXCARL1992Xx. Take an example with that city completely relocated in Germany rebuilt phase 3.

There's no problem in the relocation of the garages because SCS get sure the teleport point is well located in the garage; ANY garage (as we could have anyone as base). That's why there's no reason the teleport forcefully had to be to our assigned garage. It could be done to any garage because any of them is a safe teleport point. And probably workshops too if we consider what happens with F7 function.

So, even if the teleport should had to keep happening; that's why I said they could lessen the nuissance teleporting us nearer of where we were before the update.

Regards
plykkegaard

#33 Post by plykkegaard » 30 Apr 2021 20:29

... or teleport to nearest service center if it is closer to the playdr

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
johnporter29

#34 Post by johnporter29 » 03 May 2021 19:06

ErikMTL wrote: 28 Apr 2021 16:50 You can go to the game's properties in Steam and set it to only update when you launch the game. Then if you have a job in progress check Steam's downloads area to make sure there isn't an update required. If there is put Steam into offline mode and you won't have to update it right away.

Of course that won't help if it was a WoT job, but for offline jobs it's always worked for me.
Putting Steam Offline also prevents your Steam Inventory items from been loaded together with not been able to connect to WoT.

Steam needs to allow us to defer an update for x days or hours or simply allow us to update when we want too. Or SCS could do look to see if there is another way of doing updates without the need to cancel jobs.
johnporter29
Owner/Player of Euro Truck Simulator 2 & it's American brother!
PC: i9 9900K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070, 1TB M.2 (NVMe) SSD, 512GB SSD, Seagate 2TB, MSI 34" Curved 100MHz 1440p Monitor
jaunco325

#35 Post by jaunco325 » 14 May 2021 17:51

"Many users do not read the warning and they will come to complain." Under the same logic the terms of use of all games and applications should be invalid, because we know perfectly well that nobody reads them.
Another example would be that many players install mods without knowing what they cause and then complain. Are we going to agree with these players too?

"There are times when developers should be tyrants" but developers are being tyrants with the player who tries hard to do things right and benevolent with the idiot who does not try and then complains. it shouldn't be the other way around?
(not to mention that the map modifications are minimal and only 1% of players are going to have that problem and complain)

also this is extremely easy to solve: the game by default deletes your order and teleports you to your main garage, but there is a hidden option to recover your order and your position. In the warning that your order was deleted and your position was restored, (the one that "nobody reads") they put the explanation of how to recover your job and position.
then the player who never reads anything is going to lose his order. and the player who, if he makes an effort to read the warnings, can recover his order
dkasper00

#36 Post by dkasper00 » 15 May 2021 16:03

I have a good approach to this for me, I never take a job that I know that I will not have time to finish that day. Also if inew map DLC if first town I deliver to has a garage I'll buy it and make that my temp hq.*

*= release of Colorado in ats, I knew my permanent HQ was Denver ever since ATS launched. When Colorado came around, my first load went to Fort Collins but the route took me past the garage in Denver, so I took a detour and bought the garage there.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
Lombra

#37 Post by Lombra » 16 May 2021 10:30

Yeah, this is very primitive. I don't see a reason why it couldn't do the same as the F7 key does.
Max
SCS Software

#38 Post by Max » 17 May 2021 16:19

there is lot more things that affect running jobs - map (navigation change), economy dependencies, model changes (will trailer/cargo/company fit?), fixing limitation, changing truck defs, etc ... any of these can ruin the job badly. so "correctly" reseting the job when some of those important thing is changing is perfectly save option. and home garage was quite logical safe place.

but i hope we can make some improvements to make it less frustrating.
thanks for feedback.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Some newbie driver

#39 Post by Some newbie driver » 17 May 2021 17:52

If the job cancellation couldn't be avoided by any reason @Max, could the devs team consider at least thew part to teleport to nearest garage/workshop? At least that will reduce the nuisance for people exploring map and being suddenly teleport hundreds or thousands of kilometers away.

Regards
Steve Pitts

#40 Post by Steve Pitts » 18 May 2021 12:26

I second that. If every player garage is considered a 'safe' landing spot then the nearest player garage, based on as the crow flies or driven distance, would be better (now, I achieve that by buying said garage and moving my HQ there, but...) Having said that, someone somewhere will have a good reason to disagree, so an option of one approach or the other would be better still ;)
Cheers, Steve

Return to “General discussion about the game”