Best overall truck in game (engine/transmition configuration for best power/fuel consumption)

Space_Night

Re: Best overall truck in game (engine/transmition configuration for best power/fuel consumption)

#11 Post by Space_Night » 01 May 2021 16:28

Excluding the RJL mod, I find the best all rounder is the Daf 105XF in 6x2 rear lift form. 510HP may not be the most powerful truck in the game, (that honour goes to Volvo) however it has plenty of power to do most jobs and mated to the 16 speed transmission it will cope quite well with heavy loads on demanding terrain almost as good as the FH. Its so good in fact I use it for doubles in Norway on TMP!
yasin28a

Re: Best overall truck in game (engine/transmition configuration for best power/fuel consumption)

#12 Post by yasin28a » 02 May 2021 21:16

I didnt play the game for a long time but I can say Volvo New is the best for heavy haulage because it has the transmission with highest first gear ratio in the game.
Winchester1979

#13 Post by Winchester1979 » 04 May 2021 19:11

With regard to heavy haulage... you know the "Titan" wheel hubs for the rear axle? Those are actually reduction gears for the Scania (and maybe MAN) trucks, and signify that the truck has a very high diff ratio (4.35 is where the Scania configurator switches the displayed hubs). The "Leviathan" hubs are the same thing except that they're for Volvo, and I don't know the threshold for those. But anyway, in real life diff ratio options go all the way up to 7.18 on Scanias in real life, so I made my own version of that as a test.

The truck will probably move anything - I've joked that it's not the truck moving but the world rotating underneath it - but it tops out at 65 km/h, and literally can't go any faster. For the kind of applications such a truck is appropriate for (Special Transports, super-heavy haulage), no one really cares how much fuel you're spending anyway, because there's really no "economy option", so I haven't bothered measuring it, but it's probably atrocious. (I'm kind of wishing I could remember which mod it was that had the 100-ton mobile crane load - I remember getting stuck at the bottom of a quarry with a 750 hp Volvo and not being able to move that in with a stock gearbox. I'd like to try the same thing with this monster).

As for normal loads... I've never really tested for minimum fuel consumption. If I can get the game running at a decent framerate again I might give it a go, though.
nIGhT-SoN

#14 Post by nIGhT-SoN » 05 May 2021 18:59

I think most player have enough in game money to not care about the fuel consumption and to be honest it's not about the money, but more about skill and what kind of differences are between trucks and configurations. For me at least, it makes me wanna test more trucks and different engines/gearboxes configuration to see what is the best way to achieve balance between power and fuel consumption. Until now I've been driving new Scania or the new Volvo and that was keeping me from enjoying other trucks too and experience everything the game has to offer. Also, it makes me want to play more. :D

Return to “General discussion about the game”