New Volvo DLC?

Mr_2r

New Volvo DLC?

#1 Post by Mr_2r » 14 May 2021 21:49

I've had the Volvo FH16 2012 in my fleet for a long time, but I haven't really been using it. I feel like the interior is very bright, and I thought it had a darker interior to unlock later - but it didn't. Will there be any Volvo DLC in the future which features new interior with an option to choose a darker interior, not just changing the steering wheel?
I know there are mods out there, but I honestly rather buy an DLC or get it through an update.
MichaelALAD

Re: New Volvo DLC?

#2 Post by MichaelALAD » 16 Jun 2021 09:43

Looks like Volvos are forgotten forever. I mean it's still one of the worst brands in the game in terms of realism - totally wrong wheelbase for 6x2/4 midlifts and 6x2 taglift/6x4 (they actually use the same wheelbase for all these versions which is a joke; the irony is they already have beautiful chassis made for Renault T and probably could reuse it but no luck) and if you want to build realistic looking truck you are in trouble as there are no mirror mount and sunshield with gray insert for basic trim and there is no even FH16 badge under the speedo for top engines. And of course fuel tanks are shallow (usually used for lowered versions IRL)... Sometimes I feel I would definitely buy the 'Realistic FH' DLC, the truck itself is so iconic, but I think knowing how SCS works we could only wait and hope they will release facelifted FH someday with at least some of the issues addressed (which is unlikely if you ask me).
Wolfi
Beta tester

#3 Post by Wolfi » 16 Jun 2021 11:31

Mr_2r wrote: 14 May 2021 21:49 Will there be any Volvo DLC in the future which features new interior with an option to choose a darker interior, not just changing the steering wheel?
I know there are mods out there, but I honestly rather buy an DLC or get it through an update.
That's unlikely, given that Volvo already has gotten a tuning DLC.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
MichaelALAD

#4 Post by MichaelALAD » 19 Jun 2021 16:54

Wolfi wrote: 16 Jun 2021 11:31 That's unlikely, given that Volvo already has gotten a tuning DLC.
Well, they could add some parts to the existing one like they already did with Cabin Accessories or Krone and someone would even buy it once again if only it had, say, black b-pillar for FH16 but of course it is unlikely.
Zakxaev68

#5 Post by Zakxaev68 » 19 Jun 2021 18:18

Rebuild from scratch everything, both the truck and the tuning parts if a facelifted variant is to happen... or.... let it rust in the garage. For eternity. Huge shame Volvo let SCS release stuff in such terrible quality, given the Mercs had a DLC too where the Third gen truck was actually improved in quality....

In terms of quality, in my opinion, tuning content degrades with each pack released.

Funnily enough, Renaults are the new Volvos ingame. LOL.
Hard truckin' on the virtual roads since 2002...

The Big Rig Rock is under indefinite hiatus!
MichaelALAD

#6 Post by MichaelALAD » 21 Jun 2021 05:55

Zakxaev68 wrote: 19 Jun 2021 18:18 Funnily enough, Renaults are the new Volvos ingame. LOL.
So true.
Zakxaev68 wrote: 19 Jun 2021 18:18 Third gen truck was actually improved in quality....
But they still failed to add basic trim interior (which is technically just a slightly changed texture and costs almost nothing) and a sun shield for Gigaspace with chrome insert (could be made of already existing 3D model). Probably to keep the tradition.

Return to “General discussion about the game”