speed according to weight

gawellus

speed according to weight

#1 Post by gawellus » 18 Feb 2013 10:22

Hello!
Yesterday I installed the new patch. Currently riding Majestic Across with the best engine. I took a load of 25 T excavators. My truck cannot go faster than 30 km/h Is this a normal game feature associated with load weight, or maybe some new anti-piracy protection?
(I bought the game in the online store, I think it is the original)

PS.
Sorry for my english ;)
Flemming V
Global moderator

Re: speed according to weight

#2 Post by Flemming V » 18 Feb 2013 11:28

Check if you are using your retarder (Brake system). Make sure it's off.
gawellus

#3 Post by gawellus » 18 Feb 2013 11:59

well, I have transmission without retarder
bill4725

#4 Post by bill4725 » 18 Feb 2013 15:04

Prior to the patch it was easily possible to drive any road and any load on a split gearbox going 2-4-6-8-10-12 without any resistance, the patch has made 'realistic' driving a much more intergral part of the game.

The vehicles now respond to the environment i.e hills and other driving varibles in much more detail.

I now find my self watching the rev counter more and responding to different factors as well as moving up through all the gears as well as down as circumstance dictates.

if your stuck at 30 if your revs are too low or too high you need to drive accordingly and gear change in a more appropriate manner, when I first started using the patched game I had to rethink how I interacted with the game as well.

that said make sure that your controls are setup correctly I had to make quite a few little adjustments here and there to get a good feel
Philippelp

#5 Post by Philippelp » 18 Feb 2013 16:09

Just an idea - to make sure it's not your way of shifting through gears, set your transmission to automatic and see what happens then?
Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in one ahead. ~ Bill McGlashen

Return to “General discussion about the game”