ETS2 1.41 discussion

plykkegaard

Re: ETS2 1.41 discussion

#951 Post by plykkegaard » 06 Sep 2021 20:35

Implanted or implemented, sorry couldn't resist :D
I hope SCS can find the golden key to it

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#952 Post by Some newbie driver » 06 Sep 2021 20:40

Boy wrote: 06 Sep 2021 18:38What is the chance of having map mod in multiplayer.
In 1.42 update? Near to zero, still to much work to be done on the basic features of MP mode IMHO. In 1.43 near the end of the year (supposedly)? 50/50 to have support on the less problematic kind of mods. At the end of next year? Highly probable to have support for most kind of mods if not all.

But over everything else, what it's 100% guaranteed is a high increase in crashes and profile corruptions when people start to tinker with mods in multiplayer. Mods already cause tons of problems to players, mostly due their careless and reckless use and abuse. Go imagine when MP becomes an extra factor to have in mind (I mean, to be also ignored as so many others now). So, better be sure to have always a good backup of your profile at hand before entering any MP session.

Regards
Boy

#953 Post by Boy » 06 Sep 2021 23:18

Marcello Julio wrote: 06 Sep 2021 18:43 We will have mod support in the future, so I believe all types of mods will be supported, including maps.
I don't think so from what I could see right here on the forum, but let's wait and see.
Persecution 🤔
Dream Horse movie

"Tveka inte att fråga din Scania-återförsäljare om vilken modifiering som helst. Vi är det kompletta företaget vad gäller specialfordon."
https://laxasv.se/
Boy

#954 Post by Boy » 06 Sep 2021 23:34

@Some newbie driver I agree with what you said.
But over everything else, what it's 100% guaranteed is a high increase in crashes and profile corruptions when people start to tinker with mods in multiplayer. Mods already cause tons of problems to players, mostly due their careless and reckless use and abuse. Go imagine when MP becomes an extra factor to have in mind (I mean, to be also ignored as so many others now). So, better be sure to have always a good backup of your profile at hand before entering any MP session.
Persecution 🤔
Dream Horse movie

"Tveka inte att fråga din Scania-återförsäljare om vilken modifiering som helst. Vi är det kompletta företaget vad gäller specialfordon."
https://laxasv.se/
Marcello Julio

#955 Post by Marcello Julio » 07 Sep 2021 00:22

The mods have always been the responsibility of the players, so regardless of the mod, map, truck, trailer, etc, it will be up to the players to create the servers with the mods they want and take responsibility for what can happen.
Some newbie driver

#956 Post by Some newbie driver » 07 Sep 2021 06:34

Of course they will be their responsibility. But it's just a question to extrapolate what already happens with mods. This forum has plenty of examples of people criticizing SCS because the game fails and ends being due the modifications they use. Plenty of example of mods being use despite being absolutely outdated. Plenty of crashes caused by weird behaviors of external addons and drivers code when loaded to the game.

That's not going to change, people isn't going to change, isn't going to become all of a sudden very careful with what they install. And how that could affect other players when joined to the same MP session its completely unknown. It almost doesn't matter what SCS does and how many fail safes they include; the combination possibilities are infinite so the probability of a big problem will always be there. The only alternative would be an absolutely restrictive policy toward mods in MP (one of the kind of TMP: only those small list of mods are allowed and only in those versions). But people doesn't want that, people wants to play the SCS MP as they can't with TMP: with all their modded stuff.

So, as I said, bear in mind to always have a good backup of your profile when entering a modded MP session once those are allowed. In fact, it would be good the game could have that backup feature included and automated.

Regards
oldmanclippy

#957 Post by oldmanclippy » 07 Sep 2021 16:46

I don't blame SCS at all for being hesitant about official mod support for Convoy. Like @Some newbie driver said, lots of stupid people will blame SCS for mixing and matching mods and vanilla and different convoy sessions when it's not SCS's fault at all.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Bandit & The Snowman

#958 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 07 Sep 2021 17:20

As Pavel just said in the Wyoming release stream, they could have worked on adding mod support from the start of convoy, but that would have delayed it at least for months. So they decided to go with the basic stage and add whatever is feasible in future updates. That’s completely sensible in my opinion.
Gandra 1970

#959 Post by Gandra 1970 » 11 Sep 2021 06:27

Is anyone familiar with the convoy-server of 32 players?
plykkegaard

#960 Post by plykkegaard » 11 Sep 2021 09:00

Probably a game hack

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “General discussion about the game”