New DAF arrived on Euro Truck Simulator 2

AoD_Lexandro

Re: New DAF arrived on Euro Truck Simulator 2

#111 Post by AoD_Lexandro » 11 Jun 2021 12:39

KW_Driver wrote: 11 Jun 2021 11:44
AoD_Lexandro wrote: 11 Jun 2021 09:23 Also - information overload. With too many displays too close together a driver can get confused and distracted by too much information. Happens with pilots a lot in commercial aircraft because of the number of gauges and displays. Plus isnt there some sort of vehicle compliance law that requires mirrors placed in specific places?
Do you even drive trucks? After 25+ years as a real world OTR driver, I can categorically state you are incorrect here on all counts... I have yet to run across a dash board that I, nor any driver I have ever known or trained, is so complex as to cause any issues... fine, you don't like the camera mirrors, I get it.. but don't make half witted excuses for us.
Buddy wind your neck in. Its number of information points in direct view that causes information overload. Never once did I say I "did not like camera mirrors" so Idk why you get the need to act like I hate them and just want rid of them. And your experience in older trucks is entirely irrelevant, because we are talking about a completely new DIGITAL display system with increased amounts of information on display at all times and multiple display options. And the post I was responding to asked why the "mirror cams" could not be placed in the dashboard. Also what US regulations there are is IRRELEVANT, as this is a European truck for the European market, built for EU standards. Not US.

And FYI I am in my 40s, drove for years and drove and flown sims for decades (including VFC formation flying). Information overload is well known, well documented, and is one of the prime factors in display design and data placement (particularly in aircraft) regardless of your "beliefs". I don't care what your personal reasons are for liking mirror cams or not.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 1214600674
MacCekko

#112 Post by MacCekko » 11 Jun 2021 13:00

Hello guys.
Any chance to find the new DAF XG templates for a custom pain tjob, somehow, somewhere, or is it too early? I admit I haven't searched anywhere: I wrote here first. :oops:
Thank you.
MoBo Asus ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi • Intel Core i7-13700KF (13th Gen) @ 3.4 GHz • Asus ROG Strix Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24 Gb • 32 Gb RAM • Win 10 Pro 64-bit • Asus ROG STRIX XG32UQ 32" monitor @ 4K (3840x2160) & 160 Hz
DEDE62

#113 Post by DEDE62 » 11 Jun 2021 13:03

eshvos

#114 Post by eshvos » 11 Jun 2021 13:04

I am not sure about the new DAF, but the Actros with MirrorCam has one issue on tight European roads in real life: You can't see the camera on the passenger side when sitting in the driver seat. This makes it quite difficult to judge how much room you have left on the passenger side.

The cameras are of a break-away design, but if you'd hit another vehicle with them, chances are that you get in trouble anyways (until everyone made sure that there is no damage).

Furthermore, as I already said once on this forum, cameras only allow a one-way communication. The driver can "communicate" with the outside world (e. g. see a cyclist), but the outside world (cyclist) can't communicate with the driver over the camera. The rule of thumb for cyclists is (children learn this in school here!): If you can see the driver in the mirror, the driver will also be able to see you. How is a cyclist supposed to see the driver (and make eye contact) in the cameras and how would you, for example, wave someone (cyclist) through with digital mirrors?

Overall I am not a fan of digital mirrors. I still prefer well-designed conventional mirrors over cameras. But the mirrors should leave enough space between the A pillars and should have a housing that is as slim as possible (good example: 2012+ Volvo FH, bad example: Actros 4 and 5 with mirrors).
Goodbye. No interest in participating in a community where posts get silently deleted without any explanation.
overfloater

#115 Post by overfloater » 11 Jun 2021 13:09

jdwarfer wrote: 11 Jun 2021 07:05Why don't they put the right screen mirror closer to the driver sight in the middle?
i know right??? WTH is even the point of having cameras, if you won't use ANY of the advantages they offer?

This could have been the new Sightliner. Instead, they went out of their way to preserve the drawbacks of normal mirrors, plus the added chance of electrical malfunction.
[ external image ]

My complaint is to manufacturers, not SCS.
Oscar
SCS Software

#116 Post by Oscar » 11 Jun 2021 13:45

Naughty Oscar quoting image. Bad Oscar, Bad. :lol:

It's missing, but that's intended because this is the best that can be done without rewriting the entire dashboard code to support the small change in linearity >2000rpm or >100km/h.
What I say is mostly accurate.

Going on work trips to bring you guys new trucks, trailers... and maybe more?

Don't check out my Steam Workshop mods because they are not updated anymore:
Realistic HD Dashboards
Realistic Dashboard Computers
Queentruckeruk

#117 Post by Queentruckeruk » 11 Jun 2021 13:47

@Oscar any update when daf 21 dlc going be update for eb 1.41 beta please
parasaurolophus67

#118 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 11 Jun 2021 13:49

@Queentruckeruk Just wait. stop being impatient
Martovic