Gaming the economy...

sherlockweebles

Gaming the economy...

#1 Post by sherlockweebles » 21 Jun 2021 16:12

Hi, New here, but long time ETS/ATS/ATS 2 player.

Does anyone else think the economy is just too damn basic?

It really doesn't matter if you change values to make it harder, the way the economy is hardcoded it's still too basic. I really think they should put more work into this. Also, the way trucks/parts are level gated makes no sense. It takes way too much time to actually get the DAF XG+. By level 20 I can literally be making millions of dollars a day, why do I need to just keep doing hauls in trucks that I don't like?

I wanted to experience Iberia in the new truck, but I've already explored it all and I'm still level 25!

How to get a infinite money if you don't know:
Drive enough to buy a truck and driver. Get them working.
Drive more to afford another garage as far across the map as you can. Get another truck and driver.

Boom. That's all you need for infinite, unlimited wealth.

because then all you do is quick travel back and forth between garages. And bam, more money when you get there. Apparently time passes when quick traveling, and employees bring in income- But it appears to use the *average* income of the garage you are based out of so it's like $20k each time *to start*. Then you just buy more trucks, drivers, garages, etc, and get to the point when one quick travel will earn you millions. More than you'll ever need. However, the best trucks and equipment are still level gated because you get no experience quick traveling. It's a bit silly. XP is fine for the skill tree, but remove that garbage for trucks and parts. Why TF should I drive back and forth until level 29 to get the best truck? Just let me buy it so I can explore new parts of the map with it, and not older truck.
Winchester1979

Re: Gaming the economy...

#2 Post by Winchester1979 » 22 Jun 2021 08:34

1.41 removes the "time passes if you quick travel" feature, meaning that you'll have to actually be out in your truck for time to pass. Or resting, but you can only do that three times before you're "no longer tired" and can't rest anymore for a while. This makes it a lot less convenient to cheese the economy, as you have to drive out of a city and park your truck on the side of the road and wait.

And yeah, the level system is annoying, but there are mods for that.
MT269

#3 Post by MT269 » 22 Jun 2021 13:54

It seems like the 'drive it' function can no longer be used in order to gain heaps of cash. Even if there are 120 hours until the other driver completes their job, you will make zero dollars.

It is unusual. Because IRL, these hours would pass, and the company would have presumably reaped in some income. But at the same time, I do agree with the game not enabling bank accounts to inflate, just because of an exploit. IE money only coming in through actual time spent driving.

It will be interesting to see if a trick to bringing in quick money is found. But I suspect that it will be much harder.

(Edited)
sherlockweebles

#4 Post by sherlockweebles » 22 Jun 2021 15:21

Winchester1979 wrote: 22 Jun 2021 08:34 And yeah, the level system is annoying, but there are mods for that.
Care to point me to one? That's really the part that annoys me. I enjoy driving, but don't care about owning a bunch of garages and having other drivers. I can earn enough money to buy the trucks I want in a fair amount of time, but I hate being forced to reach a certain level.

I'm glad 1.41 fixes the cheesing, I'm not in the beta, I'll wait until it's on stable as I drive VR only.
Dagger

#5 Post by Dagger » 23 Jun 2021 21:17

Games like these are made for a very varried player base. It has some "hard core" elements while allowing the more casual players to level up as they see fit. It's funny you are complaining about gaining infinite wealth but at the same time complaining about level system.

Either way you DON"T have to game the system in any way shape or form and just drive casually at your own pace without being triggered by elements that you don't even have to use!!!
Winchester1979

#6 Post by Winchester1979 » 23 Jun 2021 23:06

sherlockweebles wrote: 22 Jun 2021 15:21
Winchester1979 wrote: 22 Jun 2021 08:34 And yeah, the level system is annoying, but there are mods for that.
Care to point me to one? That's really the part that annoys me. I enjoy driving, but don't care about owning a bunch of garages and having other drivers. I can earn enough money to buy the trucks I want in a fair amount of time, but I hate being forced to reach a certain level.

I'm glad 1.41 fixes the cheesing, I'm not in the beta, I'll wait until it's on stable as I drive VR only.
just search on the workshop for "unlock everything". Or just "unlock". You might have to look around a bit to find one that includes the new DAF, not sure right now. There are also "exp cheat" mods that'll just give you enough EXP from your first run to max out the whole level system, which would solve the problem with mods that still have level reqs as well.
taneorb

#7 Post by taneorb » 24 Jun 2021 15:46

I've used the console command g_economy_scale to reduce the amount of money earned.

I think it's g_economy_scale I forget but you can adjust the value to reduce the amount earned. At the moment I have it set to 0.2, the default is 1

Still I wish they'd add something to adjust this ingame instead of having to use console commands

Return to “General discussion about the game”