EU Truck Driver Hours of Service Regulations

vmfrlt

EU Truck Driver Hours of Service Regulations

#1 Post by vmfrlt » 24 Jun 2021 15:17

Moderator Note: Topic split from ETS2 1.41 Open Beta discussion.

With all due respect, may I ask you a question?

The current ETS2 work/rest time system is as follows.

- work time: 11 hours
- rest time: 9 hours

According to the IRL EU trucker regulation(Regulation (EC) No 561/2006), the maximum working hours per day is 9 hours and the minimum rest time is 11 hours.

I wonder if the work time and rest time have been reversed within ETS2. :?:
My PC Specification
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 7 1800X
  • VGA: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
  • RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR (8G x 4)
harishw8r

Re: EU Truck Driver Hours of Service Regulations

#2 Post by harishw8r » 24 Jun 2021 17:41

Found this piece of text in a website:
You must guarantee your staff a daily rest period of at least 11 consecutive hours, which you can reduce to 9 hours for a maximum of 3 times per week. You can split daily rest into two parts: the first must be at least 3 hours, the second at least 9 hours. If you split the daily rest period, the sum of the two periods must be at least 12 hours.

Your employees should have an unbroken rest period of 45 hours per week, which you can reduce to 24 hours every second week. If you reduce the weekly rest period, you must agree on compensation arrangements with your staff.

Your workers must take a weekly rest after 6 consecutive days of working. If your coach drivers occasionally transport passengers and drive at least 24 consecutive hours in another EU or non-EU country, they can postpone their weekly rest. They can wait for up to 12 days to take it, starting from the end of the last weekly rest period taken.
It would be nice if they implement this, at least the daily resting times (the 9 hours resting time almost thrice a week is optional). Also, the 9 hours driving time comes with a 45-minute break for every 4.5 hours. So the total driving time can be 9 hr 45 min and the resting time can be 11 hr.

The current timing sometimes becomes an issue for urgent jobs. If I'm going to simulate the break time in between, chances are that I miss the deadline. I hope this also gets fixed.
scaniadriver01

#3 Post by scaniadriver01 » 24 Jun 2021 19:24

used a translater because im not gonna type all this down :P

Driving times EU

The European Union has set for us the maximum length of time we can drive and the minimum time that we must pause and rest. On April 11, 2007, the driving and rest times were last adjusted and re-established, in Regulation 561/2006. The driving and rest times are included in Dutch law in the Working Hours Decree on Transport.

Maximum continuous driving time: 4.5 hours
Maximum daily driving time: 9 hours, 10 hours (twice a week)
Maximum weekly driving time: 56 hours
Maximum two-week driving time: 90 hours

Rest periods EU

Minimum daily rest: 11 hours
Split rest: 3 + 9 hours
Minimum shortened rest: 9 hours (allowed three times a week; with double crew 9 hours in a 30-hour period)
Minimum weekly rest: 45 hours uninterrupted, may be reduced to 24 hours once every two weeks; must be compensated before the end of the third week.

breaks

Break in driving times: 45 minutes after driving 4.5 hours, may be split into a break of at least 15 minutes and at least 30 minutes (must be in that order).
Break in working time: 30 minutes for working hours of between 6 and 9 hours; 45 minutes for working hours of 9 hours and more. These breaks may be split into periods of at least 30 minutes.

Night work conditions

43 nights per 16 weeks or 20 hours per 2 weeks between 00:00 and 06:00.
The maximum working time for night work is 10 hours in the 24-hour period from the start of the shift or 12 hours in a collective arrangement.

The above driving and rest times regulation only applies within the European Union, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland. When the journey leads to a destination in one of the countries below, the driving and rest times are in accordance with the so-called AETR convention.
AETR Treaty

Albania
Andorra
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Kazakhstan
Croatia
Macedonia
Moldavia
Montenegro
Ukraine
Uzbekistan
Russia
Serbia
Turkey
Turkmenistan or Belarus

Driving times AETR

Daily driving time

Total driving time between 2 rest periods (daily or weekly)
Normal: up to 9 hours
Maximum 2 x a week: 10 hours

Continuous driving time

After 4.5 driving time, driver takes a break of 45 consecutive minutes
May be replaced by a break of at least 15 minutes (minimum 45 minutes in total)

Bi-weekly driving time

May not exceed 90 hours

Rest times AETR

Daily rest time

Normal: period of 11 hours of continuous rest
May be split into 2 or 3 periods:
minimum 4 continuous hours or (1+3, 3+1 or 2+2 hours), followed by:
at least 8 uninterrupted hours
Reduced daily rest: minimum 9 hours, less than 11 hours (compensation required, max. three times a week)
Multiple crew: minimum 8 hours (period 30 hours)

Weekly rest time

Normally per week: period of 45 consecutive hours of rest
Shortened weekly rest:
At least 36 hours on site, subject to compensation
Outside the location for at least 24 hours, subject to compensation

AETR Details

In the event of an interim change of destination, the provisions of the regulation or the AETR-treaty apply from the last daily or weekly rest period. For example: A driver is instructed from Roermond to pick up a group of tourists in Milan. During a stopover in Munich, he hears from the company that he is being used for another ride: he has to pick up a group of football supporters in Minsk (Belarus). At that time, the AETR provisions will apply to the entire journey (from Roermond to Minsk).

When one or more journeys are carried out under the AETR during a week, the provisions for the weekly and fortnightly driving and rest periods from the AETR apply to that period.
Some newbie driver

#4 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Jun 2021 19:31

I would cheer the introduction of realistic time shifts if they would had sense in a greater picture of a game play mode more simulation oriented.

IMHO, the way the game is actually I see no sense to change anything; the shifts could be of any number of hours randomly decided. The way they are now just ensure we had a lot of driving time (what it's supposed we enjoy in the game) without unwanted interruptions.

If I had to search for rest stops lots more of times; I would expect at least the whole game play to be more realistic, to have the rewarding of a whole logistic simulator where I will not just to drive but to keep in mind all the aspects of the job to do it right. As the games are now, they are driving games. So, I want to drive as much as possible, not to be searching for parking more often of what I already do.

Regards
scaniadriver01

#5 Post by scaniadriver01 » 24 Jun 2021 19:51

yeah but on the other hand.. whats the point of realism on that department when you can turn it off... i cant do that IRL
and the distances are to short to implement it in the sim i think.. ( scale of the map vs time)

also for me.. im not looking forward to pull over every 10 minutes because ive run out of time... i like to keep driving
as i know its a sim.. but its not real.. i like some attention to detail.. but not on the driving regulations.. but thats just my oppinion on it
dsf.fernando

#6 Post by dsf.fernando » 25 Jun 2021 21:16

Is the Portuguese law for bus driving (15 minutes break every 2 hours of driving) appliable to the rest of Europe too?
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
scaniadriver01

#7 Post by scaniadriver01 » 25 Jun 2021 21:37

dsf.fernando wrote: 25 Jun 2021 21:16 Is the Portuguese law for bus driving (15 minutes break every 2 hours of driving) appliable to the rest of Europe too?
driving a coachbus or public transport?? as they have 2 different regulations.. a coach works with a tacho.. so i think most rules from a truck apply to a coach.. public transport is excepted from the regulation and do not use a tacho ( using a bus for public transport to pick up passengers to go to a festival or something will have the same rules as coach driving so they will use a tacho)
as far as a friend of mine who is a busdriver told me..
but a coachdriver can also choose to take a 15 minutes break after every 2 hours.. because if he is driving old people around and adults.. im not expecting people to hold up thier number 1 and 2 for 4,5 hours.. so i think the most logical is what you say..
dsf.fernando

#8 Post by dsf.fernando » 25 Jun 2021 23:22

At least for coaches the 15 minute break for each 2 hours of driving is applied (the service area at Pombal in A1 irl is very busy with coach traffic because its the last service station you can reach in two hours of travel from Lisbon to Porto)
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)

Return to “General discussion about the game”