ETS2 Windows Support

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: ETS2 Windows Support

#51 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 15 Jul 2021 15:30

the R9 280X supports Vulkan 1.0
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
magicko84

#52 Post by magicko84 » 16 Jul 2021 10:28

Good morning. I have to correct you, 8000 series FX models (mine is also an fx8350), is not supported and not even compatible with Windows 10, my source is Microsoft tech support. In fact, after a month, in which my PC was in the hands of the technician, we were finally able to understand why I had all those BSOD problems. In the end we discovered that the BIOS of the motherboard, MSI 970 gaming, on the MSI website, the latest update is for Windows 8. At this point, inevitably, I have to step back and install Windows 7. I have the ultimate version , so there should be no problems with Microsoft updates, as updates will be released, for these versions, as I understand it, until 2023, useful time to set aside enough Euros, to create a new build, maybe I install Windows 11 directly. As for Windows 11, at the moment all AMD FX series have not been declared, compatible or even supported by Microsoft and I have my doubts that when this new operating system will be released for everyone on the market, the FX will included in the list. At the hardware level Stuferus and I have almost the same configuration, apart from the graphics card and perhaps the motherboard (for the VGA my 1050ti is also compatible with the dx12, so from this point I have no problems). Now, don't call me repetitive, but I really care about these two simulators, when a game is developed for an operating system, in this case we start from Windows 7, the SCS can change the requirements for the operating system, or it will be supported by the software house , until the end?
My WoT Profile: https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/112204

My PC: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, 2x8 16GB 3200 MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 3070 TI 8GB X TRIO, Corsair RM850x Watt 80 Plus Gold, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Madkine
Global moderator

#53 Post by Madkine » 16 Jul 2021 10:32

magicko84 wrote: 16 Jul 2021 10:28 Now, don't call me repetitive, but I really care about these two simulators, when a game is developed for an operating system, in this case we start from Windows 7, the SCS can change the requirements for the operating system, or it will be supported by the software house , until the end?
Short answer, yes they can change the OS requirements.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
plykkegaard

#54 Post by plykkegaard » 16 Jul 2021 11:10

If not SCS had to call it the day, abandon both games and release a new version for windows 10 and now again for windows 11

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
JoeAlex23

#55 Post by JoeAlex23 » 17 Jul 2021 06:12

magicko84 wrote: 16 Jul 2021 10:28 Good morning. I have to correct you, 8000 series FX models (mine is also an fx8350), is not supported and not even compatible with Windows 10, my source is Microsoft tech support. In fact, after a month, in which my PC was in the hands of the technician, we were finally able to understand why I had all those BSOD problems. In the end we discovered that the BIOS of the motherboard, MSI 970 gaming, on the MSI website, the latest update is for Windows 8. At this point, inevitably, I have to step back and install Windows 7. I have the ultimate version , so there should be no problems with Microsoft updates, as updates will be released, for these versions, as I understand it, until 2023, useful time to set aside enough Euros, to create a new build, maybe I install Windows 11 directly. As for Windows 11, at the moment all AMD FX series have not been declared, compatible or even supported by Microsoft and I have my doubts that when this new operating system will be released for everyone on the market, the FX will included in the list. At the hardware level Stuferus and I have almost the same configuration, apart from the graphics card and perhaps the motherboard (for the VGA my 1050ti is also compatible with the dx12, so from this point I have no problems). Now, don't call me repetitive, but I really care about these two simulators, when a game is developed for an operating system, in this case we start from Windows 7, the SCS can change the requirements for the operating system, or it will be supported by the software house , until the end?
I usually don't get into this stuff, but i couldn't let this one pass, idk to what kind of "technicians" you took your PC to or who in that "Microsoft Tech Support" told you the AMD FX Series processors aren't compatible with Windows 10, in fact, according to Microsoft's website, every single FX processor since the 4000 series IS compatible with ANY version of Windows 10, you can see it by yourself, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... quirements just click on every link that says "Supported AMD Processors" for each version of Windows 10 and you will see all the FX's on those lists.

Now i will talk from personal experience, i'm a technician and i've been fix PC's for a living for over 13 years, and i have installed Windows 10 on SEVERAL Computers/Laptops that according to Microsoft weren't "compatible" and they all work great (those that are still alive), including some with FX Processors (including the 8350), and i haven't had a single problem or any customer coming back with any problems regarding Windows 10 with those "incompatible" Processors, i have a personal laptop since new with an Intel I5 2430m from 2011 and it was "made only" for Windows 7, but i updated it to Windows 10 when it was released in 2015 (even though it wasn't "compatible" according to several pages) and i haven't had a single problem with it (i use it daily at work and it's almost turned on 24/7) and i update it every time there's a Win 10 update and it's still working like a champ, so, my point is, you shouldn't always trust what some people say, even if they are a "Microsoft tech" because i'm sure they will do their best to just make you believe you NEED to upgrade something (and i've had a lot of heated arguments with some customers regarding this), Windows 11 not being compatible with a bunch of old Hardware is a whole different topic, but as far as i know, Windows 10 will even work even on a PC that was designed for Windows XP (it won't be a smooth experience but it will still work), believe me, i've tried just for the sake of it.
big_carrot

#56 Post by big_carrot » 17 Jul 2021 10:50

I've said it here before and I'll say it again - 'not supported' doesn't mean 'won't work', it just means Microsoft won't help you with it.
xXCARL1992Xx

#57 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 17 Jul 2021 10:58

Intel/AMD wont either, those CPUs are end of life, this is how the list was made
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
magicko84

#58 Post by magicko84 » 18 Jul 2021 16:26

@JoeAlex23
Then explain to me how it is possible that as soon as there are updates of both the 1050ti or Windows 10, the latter crashes with a blue screen giving me Memory Management error. The drivers of the MSI 970 gaming motherboard are updated for Windows 10, there are no problems neither on the RAM nor in the system files, I have done all the possible tests. It is evident that there is some hardware incompatibility of my PC and Windows 10. By the way on the MSI site, the latest BIOS update is for Windows 8, not even 8.1. believe me I don't know where to turn. Once in the blue screens some hints of what the hardware problem was there was, but on Windows 10 there is nothing. Memory Management alone can be anything, what I don't know. The technician I turned to is not incompetent as he has been working with PCs for over 25 years, I have known him since I was 7, today I am 37, he is a friend of the family and I have always enjoyed myself. Only once did I bring him my PC, at the time of Windows 98, but at the time I didn't know how to distinguish a CPU from an APU, in the end it was the RAM that had burned out. Now I am about to install Windows 7 ultimate, if the problem is hardware then I should have BSOD problems even with Windows 7, at which point I remain without a PC for a few months. I cannot afford the luxury of buying a new one, because unfortunately I have not worked since last January, so such a step is impossible for me to take. What luck I have in this period, without work, therefore without income, without father, unfortunately he left us for cancer two months ago, and now, perhaps without PC, but for the latter it does not matter, when I can I will make a new one directly with Windows 11 at this point.
Good evening everybody.
My WoT Profile: https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/112204

My PC: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, 2x8 16GB 3200 MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 3070 TI 8GB X TRIO, Corsair RM850x Watt 80 Plus Gold, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
JoeAlex23

#59 Post by JoeAlex23 » 19 Jul 2021 22:08

@magicko84 Then there must be something VERY wrong with your system that's not making Windows 10 happy, or maybe you're doing something wrong with the installation of Windows 10, but i can assure you it doesn't have anything to do with the CPU or GPU being "incompatible", Windows 10 doesn't have that kind of problems, did you updated the BIOS at some point?
plykkegaard

#60 Post by plykkegaard » 19 Jul 2021 22:11

Could be something very simple and basic as the chosen hardware is not compatible for the build or unstable components
Shit happens and you can't argue with good old Murphy

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “General discussion about the game”