ETS2 Windows Support

Some newbie driver

Re: ETS2 Windows Support

#61 Post by Some newbie driver » 20 Jul 2021 11:32

Without putting the hands physically on the system, reached that point, nothing good can't be done from here. Too many things to try and check that will not be thought about them unless you have them in front.
magicko84

#62 Post by magicko84 » 21 Jul 2021 08:48

As for the BIOS, I updated it in August 2015 and to date no new updates have been released, even the drivers, despite being for Windows 10, have not been updated since 2017. From the configuration point of view, I really don't think there is anything wrong, because it's been 4 years that with Windows 7 ultimate everything has always worked without ever receiving problems. However, if there were hardware problems, first of all in two weeks in which my PC was turned on H24, some anomaly should have occurred immediately, right? Instead my technician and I have not encountered anything of the kind. Now I wondered that perhaps the culprit was the USB 3.0 hub, where I had connected the headset, the ring LED and the external DVD burner. Now it's two days that he is no longer connected to the PC, let's see what happens. If that's what made me go to the madhouse for a whole month, then fine, but even this USB hub always with Seven never gave problems. So forgive me, but I must say, if Windows 10 proves allergic to external peripherals with a simple USB multi-socket, for me it has failed and sorry even if I always mention Seven, but the latter, even if for some it was heavy, never delicate state of stomach. Now, Windows 10, like it or not I must have it, as Nvidia will stop support next month in addition to some graphics cards released before the 1000 series, I have an Asus GTX 1050 ti, but from August it will stop supporting Windows 7 for game ready drivers, while for critical support until 2023. The last thing that happened to me, but not least and, this has nothing to do with the hardware and that a couple of times it was also verified on Seven, it concerns the updates of Windows update, more than twice, from mid-June, always with the optional cumulative updates and only once with a major update, or they blocked at 74% and remained in loop until either did not reboot the system or did not want to download. In fact I had to download and install them manually from the Windows update archive. Many have had this problem on either 4/5 year old PCs or recent 1/2 year old PCs. For the rest I keep my fingers crossed and I hope the USB hub is the cause.
My WoT Profile: https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/112204

My PC: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, 2x8 16GB 3200 MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 3070 TI 8GB X TRIO, Corsair RM850x Watt 80 Plus Gold, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
magicko84

#63 Post by magicko84 » 26 Jul 2021 11:10

Ok guys, after a week of using the pc, with only usb 2.0 peripherals, such as Sades SA-903 Headset, Xbox Pad, T150, Trust Tytan GXT speakers, Web Cam LinQ and Rig Led, all connected to the USB 2.0 ports, all it works wonders. Yesterday I tried my external Hard Disk with non-usb but external power supply, being usb 3.0, I connected it to a usb 3.0 port, but unlike the hub also usb 3.0, which was connected to a motherboard port , I remember that it is a 2014 MSI 970 Gaming, whose drivers are stuck to 2017 for Windows 10 64 bit, while the BIOS to 2015 before the release of the same year of Windows 10, I connected the Hard Disk to the only port external usb 3.0 case, which is connected to the motherboard. Well, after using it about two hours, after clicking on the safe remove of Windows I disconnected the Hard Disk from the usb 3.0 port of the case, result, after about half an hour the system crash with BSoD and the System Service Exception error. With the HUB instead it gave me the Memory Management error. Now, I redid all the possible tests I could do, System File Check, Ram Check, start the pc first with one module and then with the other, check the hard disk, video card driver and motherboard updated to the latest version , for the motherboard the last ones are from 2017, all this done but no problems found, the pc at the hardware level works perfectly, not even in the device manager there are signs of malfunction or drivers to update, nothing at all. Now, if the driver problem is unsolvable, because there are no new ones from 2021 or even 2020 for my motherboard, at this point I cover the USB 3.0 ports with electrical tape, so at least I avoid using them, so much for the peripherals that use more I have enough usb 2.0. I will use the external Hard Disk with a USB 2.0 port and so on. I can't do anything else. I apologize if anyone is offended or horrified, but unfortunately I am not a computer expert and I only do what I can and I understand. I also apologize to the admin and all the moderators if I have given problems and annoyances.
Good day :)

My PC: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, 2x8 16GB 3200 MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 3070 TI 8GB X TRIO, Corsair RM850x Watt 80 Plus Gold, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Bandit & The Snowman

#64 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 26 Jul 2021 11:17

Last resort might be a dedicated PCIe card with USB3.x ports (and drivers?). They’re not too expensive and there are some that also have USB-C on top if you want or need that.
magicko84

#65 Post by magicko84 » 26 Jul 2021 11:47

@Bandit & The Snowman
Thank you very much for the advice, but the only USB 3.0 peripherals I have are only the HUB and the external hard drive. On this pc, I don't want to spend more money on it, since it is now 5/6 years old and even if it still works well, except for the usb 3.0 problem, it is not certain that I will be able to use it also for the future Windows 11, as long as the my pc. I don't think it's a drama to use only USB 2.0, after all it's just about transferring data faster with USB 3.0.
Thanks again :)

taneorb

#66 Post by taneorb » 26 Jul 2021 13:56

I'm still struggling to see what your pc issues have to do with ETS2, tbf SCS have been pretty damn good with supporting older hardware anyway but even then eventually they will drop older OS'es when they become unsupported. Nobody should be using Windows 7 on an a machine where they regularly connect to the internet as it's now missing about two years of security patches. There are ways around this but it's not really something most people are doing.

We had the same thing when SCS Dropped DX9 where people were complaning that SCS were betraying everybody with 10 year old budget gpus. Funnily enough some of the same people complaining about their gpu not being supported were the same ones also complaning why ETS2's graphics don't look like a modern AAA game.....
xXCARL1992Xx

#67 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Jul 2021 14:29

if people would have used GPUs SCS recommended (GTS 450 or better) they would still be able to play the game because those are all DX11 cards, at the end everybody who didnt had a card that was GTS450 equal or better is out of luck
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
taneorb

#68 Post by taneorb » 26 Jul 2021 14:38

Have the minimum reqs changed at all since the initial release? When the game came out I think I still had a HD6870 and even then I remember that couldn't play the game too well at 1080p and had to run it at 720p I'm sure a gts 450 is worse than a 6870.

Running it on a 3080 ti at the moment which is total overkill lol
xXCARL1992Xx

#69 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Jul 2021 15:03

it did change, but also minimum requirements mean minimum setting, it isnt meant to be played in 1080p

here are the original system requirements, they changed with the Scandinavia DLC i think

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mW6FmWUi2Y0/ ... +Steam.png
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
magicko84

#70 Post by magicko84 » 26 Jul 2021 15:22

Actually I have never written about having problems with ETS2 on my pc, also because I play it, record gameplay and do live in 1080p without lag and without problems. My initial problem was with windows 10, which for some strange reason was unable to function properly. Today I know what the reason is, but I repeat I have never had problems with both games, the only problem that today I do not think I need it anymore, would have been if I would have returned to windos 7 especially for the support of the video card drivers , in fact I learned that NVidia will no longer release updates for Seven. So once I have found the problem, the USB 3.0 ports that I do not know why do not work well, I can safely continue to use the PC, both the external Hard Disk, even if it is USB 3.0, I can safely use it with one of the ports 2.0. That's all.

Return to “General discussion about the game”