Quality of Recent SCS Paintjobs

Polarlicht

Quality of Recent SCS Paintjobs

#1 Post by Polarlicht » 10 Jul 2021 18:34

The quality in some places is just terrible. You can count the pixels in some places where different colors meet. These new trucks are really well made by scs, yet the person who makes these skins ruines it imo.
Can't believe Renault signed this of :roll:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Also why on earth is the accent color of the red areas blue? The real skin is not even metallic!! :roll:
[ external image ]
Last edited by Polarlicht on 23 Sep 2021 16:59, edited 2 times in total.
Crestfallen

Re: Renault T Diamond Evolution terrible paintjob quality (again)

#2 Post by Crestfallen » 10 Jul 2021 22:54

I totally agree! Resolution of the paintjob is so bad.

Two additional details:
1) "T520" should change with power of the engine (like Scania).
2) The paintjob should be available for sleeper cabin.
Last edited by Crestfallen on 10 Jul 2021 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]My Steam Profile: Link
🚛 My WoTr Profile: Link
Octavian101

#3 Post by Octavian101 » 12 Jul 2021 19:32

This seems to be a trend at SCS lately. From the disappointment of DLC Iberia, to multiplayer without mod support, awful anti aliasing all the way to this simple Paint job they fail.
Some newbie driver

#4 Post by Some newbie driver » 12 Jul 2021 20:33

Once again with the mods complains? Oh please shut up. The freaking lack of mods is for your own good, FFS. You should be GRATEFUL it's going to come without its support unless you want to see your profiles ruined the first week of playing wild with the infinite problems that mods would had caused otherwise.

We can criticize a LOT of things to SCS, like the quality of those textures in the Renault T (really, we are in 2021, we have space in the HD and PC able of way more, even being potatoes). But the mods-gate it's not something to criticize. It's to praise they had used the brain instead of behave like a bunch of mod-addicts trying to avoid abstinence.
Polarlicht

#5 Post by Polarlicht » 12 Jul 2021 21:37

Dont turn this into a MP mods discussion 😉

I wonder why scs just couldnt use the actual skin the winner made.
Have not seen it up close but might have looked better. The ingame skin clearly isnt from him 🤔
SirVirgoTheMess

#6 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 12 Jul 2021 22:05

I don't see how a much higher quality and resolution paintjob would affect game performance so much...unless one has a PC from the Flintstones era.
I'm not asking for an ultra high quality 8K resolution paintjob,but c'mon SCS.If i was the author of the paintjob,and then saw what SCS has done...i would never do such thing again.
I feel really bad for the author of this paintjob,because he has worked so hard on it,just for SCS to make a really bad version of it.

To end this post : if someone tells me that i complain and/or critic too much SCS...please let me tell you that i write what the fk i want,and that i'm not here to like everything from SCS ;)
Polarlicht

#7 Post by Polarlicht » 12 Jul 2021 22:12

Even older paintjobs like the country specific, frosty, halloween, nordic gods paints etc from like 7 years ago look better
SirVirgoTheMess

#8 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 12 Jul 2021 22:13

Exactly @Polarlicht.Don't know what happened in those 7 years,but it ain't good.
Some newbie driver

#9 Post by Some newbie driver » 12 Jul 2021 22:13

Polarlicht wrote: 12 Jul 2021 21:37I wonder why scs just couldnt use the actual skin the winner made.
Because by whatever reason, SCS decided time ago to keep the low-res path in textures (the original, for sure, was tremendous, hence a good part of the difference).

Point is that time moves one but SCS remains in that stand, so each year it passes their choice makes their games looks worse. With more than 8 years of content and the huge playable zone we have, ETS2 is still under 10GB mark (depending on which DLC you have of course); while it has been years already that multi-tens-of-GB games had been a thing.

I understand they wanting to keep playable the game for potato-PC users; but it should had been time already to release a high-res textures in a form of a optional DLC for those who had hardware enough to bear it. Similar moves had been done by hundreds of other games with large player bases with heterogeneous hardware. And it's not they had to create so many things; textures for sure that are originally created at higher resolutions and then downscaled to fit the game (as far as I know, that's the right way to work for 2D artists in that kind of workloads). At most they should had to redo just those textures they would had archived wrongly and the originals were lost.

Regards
SirVirgoTheMess

#10 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 12 Jul 2021 22:19

The paintjobs from 6-7 years ago look better than the ones from now.And 6-7 years ago,PCs were not as performant compared to today.
To be honest,the potato PC excuse sounds ridiculous to me.I'm aware some people can't buy super high performance PC right now and/or in the future.
But if SCS was able to make better looking paintjobs 6-7 years ago without major problems,why can't they do the same now?I would like to know the thoughts of people.

Return to “General discussion about the game”