Quality of Recent SCS Paintjobs

AntonioMart

Re: Renault T Diamond Evolution terrible paintjob quality (again)

#21 Post by AntonioMart » 17 Jul 2021 12:39

Yes, I immediately noticed that quality of this skin is poor:

viewtopic.php?p=1581048#p1581048

And unfortunately it's very noticeable, unlike some other skins. So this skin needs rework
HetriX

#23 Post by HetriX » 23 Jul 2021 11:59

Yes, I noticed that too, and it really bothered me. I don't know how much the paint job affects the fps, but it should have been done with the same quality as the paint jobs in the game. I hope they fix it in the future.😔
Arvidsson-Källqvist

#24 Post by Arvidsson-Källqvist » 24 Jul 2021 14:39

I don't think it's so low quality beacause of potato pc's. Less then 2 years ago I still had a laptop from 2010 with very low specs especially compared to what most players have here. With promods and trailer+truck mods my average fps was usually between 20-25 fps, 30 at best. Yet paintjobs were NEVER the cause, I myself made lots of skins for personal use with very high resolutions but they never caused any additional performance loss at all, not even a half fps. It was always the model quality and the map that had impact.

And also, this wouldn't explain why even skins from 5-6-7 years ago are much higher resolution. I think it's more likely that it's a bug or oversight, someone might have unintentionaly downscaled it or something.
Company: DK International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL

(Proud Volvo fanboy since 2001)
Truckdrivr

#25 Post by Truckdrivr » 24 Jul 2021 16:50

then they have "unintentionaly" done that for about 2 years? dont think so, something else is going on, but SCS are silent. sorry for Hetrix because the OG skin is so so beautiful than what is in game now.
Convoy nametag: Truckdrivr
See you on the road 8-)

My screenshot thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302557
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#26 Post by Mohegan13 » 24 Jul 2021 17:20

All skins in the game are the same size 2048x2048 - It's acceptable for most designs but text will always look bad, particularly if you're on a resolution larger than the image file.

That's why modders tend to use 4k as a minimum. I wish SCS would do the same thing.

Since the skin is only on the players truck, it's not gonna have that huge of an impact. Though it could be problematic with convoy or if they ever add hired drivers in traffic.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#27 Post by Wolfi » 24 Jul 2021 17:40

Let's not get too far forward. As you said: paintjobs only apply to player truck for now, so even double size shouldn't cause any issues. If we ever get company drivers in traffic they could always use lower Rez textures. And for convoy? Potato users probably already struggle with it, I really doubt better textures would have a visible impact.

Imo the best solution would be to release a high-res texture DLC and I actually tried to push the idea to SCS over 2 years ago, but I met a rather harsh response. I guess SCS is happy to have their game artificially locked on lower visuals.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
xXCARL1992Xx

#28 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 Jul 2021 17:44

they finally have to start to develop a game, the game has settings to increase/decrease graphics quality, this means texture quality also HAS to change accordingly, what does it do to play in 4k with textures made for 480p, or else they can just stop doing paintjobs altogether because they are not worth it if i can count the pixels on them from 2m distance
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Polarlicht

#29 Post by Polarlicht » 26 Jul 2021 05:22

Speaking of potato. Look at the special ATS "big potato" trailer. Which textures look better than truck paintjobs.
Even the T680s potato paintjob is not good...
Graf_Boinenn

#30 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 26 Jul 2021 16:17

IIRC, on F1 2013 from Cdemasters you had 2 textures options.

Normal - like the actual size from SCS.
HQ - 4098*4098 size.

Depending on the type of graphics presets you choose, the file it uses... but this is something that I remember, it's been a while since I played and modded the textures :lol:.

In my opinion, SCS needs to move forward and increase the quality of the textures. This skin was the winner of a contest with Renault Trucks, on a product release.

Feels like the original design is the product on Amazon and the one from SCS the one in Wish app store.

Return to “General discussion about the game”