ETS2 1.42 speculation thread

scaniadriver01

Re: ETS2 1.42 speculation thread

#31 Post by scaniadriver01 » 17 Jul 2021 22:24

1. i would like to see adaptive cruise controll at some point.. as most truck nowadays have it... it will make the drive more relaxed at cruise controll..
but it will only work if the AI behaves correctly... like no sudden stops or mess ups

2. a vehicle check up by the driver.. like checking the oil level, checking coolant etc..
for your own truck only.. so if you got 100 trucks you will only check the one that your driving...
changing fluids if they are over due..
this could be dont in the garage menu as in real life at some point you will have to check those things before you set off..
and that you can choose to do it in your own garage or at the dealer at an extra cost..
like if you got a small garage you must go to the dealer.. and if you have a large garage you can do it yourself or still get it done by the dealer at an extra cost but in trade off that it lasts a bit longer..
and maybe expand this over time with the addidion of replacing broken light bulbs and other items/parts that might break down and a driver could fix/replace by himself..

as i spotted some commenting with a request for dirt on the trucks.. this could be implemented the same way.. if you choose to wash your truck in a menu at a dealer or at your own garage.. and the clock passes by 30 minutes for a normall wash or 1 hour for a better wash where the truck/chrome starts to shine in the sun and where it gets the polished, buffed, waxed and all.. only thing that might become difficult is to get realistic dirty truck models and the modelling itself..
but that can be for another time
Komen

#32 Post by Komen » 18 Jul 2021 17:38

1) Lyon rebuild + Renault Truck Factory
Maybe why Lyon hasn't been rebuilt yet is that SCS wants to add the Renualt Truck Factory and since the team have already visited the factory maybe we will see it in 1.4wl2

2) Krone Factory Werlte
About a month ago SCS posted on their blog celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Krone cool liner and mentioned that there will be more content coming this year and 2022 in regards to Krone, since SCS visited the Krone Factory last year and the factory is in map build, it could come in 1.42.

3) Austrian Reskin/rebuild
No official announcement from SCS yet but there have been rumours that Austria is being reskinned and this may come in either 1.42 or 1.43 depending how far from finish it is but if it's halfway we may possibly see in 1.42, hopefully much more better and detailed than Germany + additions of small towns and cities.

4) More Iberian Roads
Mentioned in the 1.41 release blog SCS are listening to our feedback in regards of Iberian Roads, so we may possibly see more roads being added to Iberia DLC which here I will voice my feedback. SCS if you listening all I'm really asking for is a road system that connects between Pau (F) to Zaragoza as that would probably be quite a scenic drive, because Iberia DLC is really missing out on the Pyrenees.

5) General Improvements to the Game and Multiplayer
We will probably see more improvements to Muliplayer and possible addition to Nemiros Driving School coming to 1.42, though I'm not participating in multiplayer so I can't really voice my predictions.

Release Date
1.42 will probably release between October-December 2021, as we saw last year 1.38 released in July and 1.39 released at the start of November.
Last edited by Komen on 18 Jul 2021 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en
AntonioMart

#33 Post by AntonioMart » 18 Jul 2021 17:52

-Yellow lights on HS Schoch sidebars for Scania NextGen and DAF XF Euro 6

In 1.40 this has been fixed only for Renault T hope in 1.42 this will be fixed for other trucks as well.

-It is possible that Perpignan will still be added in France
Komen

#34 Post by Komen » 18 Jul 2021 17:57

I'd say Pau is more likely than Peripigan, I did a flyover with dev cam on Pau a few months ago and there is some development to it such as what looks to be an industry.
Optimus24FR

#35 Post by Optimus24FR » 18 Jul 2021 18:18

maybe AMD Fidelity Super Res is now open source for everyone
JolliciousJosh

#36 Post by JolliciousJosh » 19 Jul 2021 02:51

Updated speculation changelog for 1.42:

UI:
New loading screens, featuring the 'new lighting system' adopted since 1.40 and some screens for Iberia.
Komen

#37 Post by Komen » 19 Jul 2021 06:28

Maybe also some Spanish and Portuguese radio stations.
AegisFalcon

#38 Post by AegisFalcon » 19 Jul 2021 09:49

-Better anti-aliasing and add DLSS
-better engine sound
-reskin of old map's parts
French Truck Driving Licence C-CE Practice Map : viewtopic.php?t=328167
BlackThor

#39 Post by BlackThor » 19 Jul 2021 16:19

That would be a great thing if the possibility came that the MP SCS would run on a dedicated server and then would have the opportunity to insert mods such as the Promods Maps
MrAbner

#40 Post by MrAbner » 19 Jul 2021 17:21

They should be making use of the road-work events during the multi-phase updates.

Return to “General discussion about the game”