Employed drivers develop "habits"?

gaillard

Re: Employed drivers develop "habits"?

#31 Post by gaillard » 23 Jul 2021 18:19

Beginner's luck.

Won't happen when he is rating 10.
Yeah that's why I wrote "well over 1/2"; sometimes they really do find a job.
But the mechanism is clearly broken.

What troubles me is, in the different threads talking about this subject, there are respectable #bestcommunityever members that say they don't experience the problem, hence why I ask about WoTr, trailers, Ratings, income factor etc, to try and isolate when and where it happens or not..
I have seen some answers where knowledgeable people simply don't believe there is a problem.

Indeed with 1.0 income, the return from drivers is so high it's not a problem. With 0.1 of course, it's more realistic but the drivers CAN'T do anything but loose money...
I think the break-even is between 0.27 and 0.30. (Different in ETS and ATS due to the size of the maps). But your own benefits are way way too high.

Don't try to talk me into economy mods, please, it's no.
derrrr

#32 Post by derrrr » 23 Jul 2021 19:20

gaillard wrote: 23 Jul 2021 18:19 Beginner's luck.

Won't happen when he is rating 10.
Yeah that's why I wrote "well over 1/2"; sometimes they really do find a job.
But the mechanism is clearly broken.

[/size]

Sorry, I don't follow. Correct me if I'm wrong: You think long distance drivers come back empty handed more than half the time?
Asus Prime A320M-K | AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2Ghz | 16GB DDR4 HyperX (2x8GB)
Powercolor AMD Radeon RX 570 | XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 2TB
gaillard

#33 Post by gaillard » 23 Jul 2021 19:53

Almost always. Distance doesn't matter.
Steve Pitts

#34 Post by Steve Pitts » 23 Jul 2021 23:19

gaillard wrote: 22 Jul 2021 06:57But, it is not...
Are you able to share some examples?

FWIW this used to be (I last looked at this in detail back in March of 2018 at v1.30) a case of a classic bell curve clustered around just over 10%, within the constraints of the random number generator and a fairly small sample size, but I've just run a full analysis on all of the data I have on hired driver performance since v1.35 - covering 486 in game days for 141 drivers and the most recent 174 days for 19 others - and whilst the bulk of it is still that way there are rather more outliers now, especially at the top end where I have 5 of my 160 drivers with more than 20%, and one of them (one of the group of newbies who is now at level 36 but started out at level 22) based in Pitesti who is at close to 50%. However a detailed analysis of that driver shows that until they levelled up from long distance of 5 to 6 they spent a lot of time going back and forth to Verona with no return journey, which is right at the 1,500 km limit and the second worst driver, based in La Rochelle had problems with journeys from La Rochelle to Clermont and Lacq, both of which are close to the 550 km for a level 3 long distance skill (I spotted that one after a while, because I periodically check the driver logs of new drivers, and force fixed it by setting the training policy to Long Distance whereas I didn't spot the other level 5 driver because they were doing so few journeys in a week). Interestingly I also have one driver sitting at less than 1.2% (from nearly 90 outbound trips) whilst the majority lie between 4% and 17%.
Cheers, Steve
derrrr

#35 Post by derrrr » 24 Jul 2021 00:00

I pay attention (babysit) to some 20 drivers that are almost all-skilled. As I'm playing the game for the first time, I find interesting to see the evolution. I don't have logs, but I don't think these drivers come back empty handed half the time.

Otoh, there are three specific drivers that have the long distance maxed out but little other skills (bad strategy). These come back empty a lot. I fired, re-hired, relocated, nothing matters. I hope this changes as they skill up, but it's taking a long time.

@Steve Pitts
I also notice how they sometimes have problems with specific distances while leveling up.

What do you mean by "one driver sitting at less than 1.2% (from nearly 90 outbound trips) whilst the majority lie between 4% and 17%"? What are these percentages?
Asus Prime A320M-K | AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2Ghz | 16GB DDR4 HyperX (2x8GB)
Powercolor AMD Radeon RX 570 | XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 2TB
Madkine
Global moderator

#36 Post by Madkine » 24 Jul 2021 00:29

How often they return with no job.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
gaillard

#37 Post by gaillard » 24 Jul 2021 08:32

In my case (level 10) almost always, occasionally one finds a return job.

I posted examples in another thread, I just checked yesterday with an old profile, it's still the case.
Of course I have only the last job or two maxi since the jobs last several days.

Both ATS and two ETS2. Steam and legacy.

It's been like this for at least two year,s but then as I play at income 0.1, I had to fire them all because I make little money, so if they lose too, I'm going bankrupt.

It's a pity we can't show longer backlogs... Of course I could advance time and check every two days but I haven't. What Steve describes is VERY far from my drivers.
In ETS when I played income 1.0, I had 5 drivers in each capital city, there was no visible variation among the locations.
I could give you a screen print of each driver from that profile but it's tedious and not very interesting.

The most intriguing point is how it doesn't affect everyone. (no relevant Mod here). Could it be language-related?
Steve Pitts

#38 Post by Steve Pitts » 24 Jul 2021 18:50

@derrrr exactly as Madkine says

@gaillard I can't really see language playing into this, the saved game file is the same regardless of the interface language, best as I know. Much more likely that a mod which you believe cannot be affecting this actually is. I think that I'd have to see several in game weeks worth of saved games (saved once or twice per in game week would suffice, although I save much more frequently than that) to be able to investigate, but even then it would probably wouldn't reveal much especially if the drivers concerned are all at level 6 long distance.
Cheers, Steve
gaillard

#39 Post by gaillard » 25 Jul 2021 07:08

Yes I was absent-minded, it's not language since my ATS is in english...

In ATS I have only one mod: Real Advertisements. I can't see how that would affect drivers.

In ETS I have also Real ads, Grimes' Paris rebuild, Immersive Symbols, SiSl's cabin accessories, No DeadEnds, and yes maybe(?) a rebuild of an interchange at "Antwerp" with same number of exits as default, and an extra Fuel station near Calais. Looks innocent vs drivers.

The drivers in each capital were in ETS legacy but it's rarely used now due to missing latest 3 map DLCs.
It's just in case of problems where I check to see if it comes from Steam, although I play offline.
Wakou22

#40 Post by Wakou22 » 27 Jul 2021 12:21

Ps and OT @gaillard
Are you fron Brive? (Le Gaillard!)
I notice that ypour location is "97 Sambre-et-Meuse" but is that in Belgium?
Is Gailllard a common word/name in Fr?
So many questions! Sorry! :D :) ;)

Return to “General discussion about the game”