Employed drivers develop "habits"?

gaillard

Re: Employed drivers develop "habits"?

#11 Post by gaillard » 20 Jul 2021 19:06

Nope, and with long journeys, it's sometimes only three or four trips, two of them returning empty...
Lots of subjects about this already written. Use Search.
MrAbner

#12 Post by MrAbner » 20 Jul 2021 23:02

Oddly enough, I have two drivers that do nothing but jobs from Bergen to Bergen. They have never yet left the city. (I'm keeping their long-distance skill low as long as possible to see how it plays out.) And also oddly enough, they both have the highest revenue per kilometre, but lowest daily revenue.
gaillard

#13 Post by gaillard » 21 Jul 2021 07:11

I guess they don't have an international license...
Or the lady wants them home at night.
harishw8r

#14 Post by harishw8r » 21 Jul 2021 07:17

Bergen is far from the surrounding cities such that level 1 of long distance driving wouldn’t be sufficient to take a job from Bergen to those cities.
Wakou22

#15 Post by Wakou22 » 21 Jul 2021 10:57

gaillard wrote: 20 Jul 2021 19:06 Nope, and with long journeys, it's sometimes only three or four trips, two of them returning empty...
Lots of subjects about this already written. Use Search.
I tried search. No solutions found. Could you point me to some, please?
80 hour trips by multiple drivers, returning empty most of the time is frustrating!
Should I in future NOT allow drivers to attain more than a certain number of distance points?
Is there a way to 'ban' a driver from a certain place?
Can I see 'logs' going back moree than the 7 days in the 'driver manager' screen?
Should I 'sack' or 'relocate' those drivers?
gaillard

#16 Post by gaillard » 21 Jul 2021 13:49

Just to compare with previous situations, are you using offline jobs (Freight Market) or WoTr account?
Previously those who complained met a "are you using mods, I don't see that" from WoTr users, it MAY (no idea really) have an influence.

Also, are you using reduced revenue? g_income_factor <1 ?

Unfortunately no previous thread has been useful at all. They don't find a job to home base and that's it...
I tried big nodes like Paris or Berlin, no effect. Tried limiting range but it does not help either.

The drivers take the longest possible job and then? What are the chances of finding, just right now, a job back to say Paris or Rome?

The problem gets worse with every additional map DLC... More cities, longer distances.

I fired the drivers are went on... Do you want second-hand trucks? ;)
Wakou22

#17 Post by Wakou22 » 21 Jul 2021 14:54

gaillard wrote: 21 Jul 2021 13:49 Just to compare with previous situations, are you using offline jobs (Freight Market) or WoTr account?
I am not connected to WoTr
Also, are you using reduced revenue? g_income_factor <1 ?
No, I am not.

Unfortunately no previous thread has been useful at all. They don't find a job to home base and that's it...
I tried big nodes like Paris or Berlin, no effect. Tried limiting range but it does not help either.

The drivers take the longest possible job and then? What are the chances of finding, just right now, a job back to say Paris or Rome?

I think it is a 'bug'. A driver will take the LONGEST job available to him according to his qualification. But when s/he arrives at destination, if that destination happens to be exactly on his distance limit, the jobs for return will put him OVER his maximum because s/he will have to drive a certain distance to pick up?
This is just a surmise, based on what the excellent @Steve Pitts has said on this issue?
gaillard

#18 Post by gaillard » 21 Jul 2021 16:23

No, that is not the problem. The distance available is usually large enough.
There isn't any job at the moment the driver arrives, period.

Do the experiment yourself, pick a job and when arrived, look in that city for a job going back to where you came from.
Then note the success statistics.

Example, I am now in Madrid.
My Best Choice is a trailer for Karlskrona.
However when arriving, there is absolutely no job in Karlskrona for Madrid.

You driver wants to go to Madrid and will not wait for a job, he returns.
He also will not drive to the next town where there MAY be a job to Madrid.
SCS need to program accepting jobs that are more or less on the general direction of home, but it's not how it works.
harishw8r

#19 Post by harishw8r » 21 Jul 2021 18:06

Agreed on the last line. That’s exactly what is required now. Perhaps later on we should be able to control which countries should the drivers haul, perhaps a three-step route A-B-C-A or something similar. The driver should choose the most economical job with the given restrictions. There can be even rules like if they cannot find a suitable job for a certain number of days, they could quit.

Right now in the game, if you don’t find a return job to the same city, better take a rest. There’s a good chance that you might find a job back, provided you have a suitable trailer. Works for me at least half of the time.
gaillard

#20 Post by gaillard » 21 Jul 2021 18:12

I THINK (no evidence to show) that we were discussing drivers without trailers (Freight Market)...
My case anyway...

Return to “General discussion about the game”