Guessing the Western Balkans DLC content

oldmanclippy

Re: Guessing the Western Balkans DLC content

#51 Post by oldmanclippy » 17 Sep 2021 14:35

jackalnxt wrote: 17 Sep 2021 05:57 @oldmanclippy, @IvanKuz What about Plovdiv and Makaza as a Bulgaria-Greece crossing. That seems to be the most likely route. Especially considering how detailed the southern Plovdiv exit is.
I originally had it on my list since it does seem in-game that they were maybe setting it up, but I wonder if trucks really ever use that route. It seems like a very breathtaking route so it would be awesome to see it in-game, I'm just not sure how viable it is for trucking.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
IvanKuz

#52 Post by IvanKuz » 17 Sep 2021 14:56

I looked it up and it turns out there is a 3.5 t limitation on both sides... So it's not a trucking route apparently.
jackalnxt

#53 Post by jackalnxt » 18 Sep 2021 10:48

But, then again, the A2 highway between Pleven in Sofia also has a weight limit for trucks, yet we have a heavy cargo route going through it. I think we can sacrifice some authenticity for the sake of gameplay.
IvanKuz

#54 Post by IvanKuz » 18 Sep 2021 13:54

Was it a deliberate artistic decision though, or simply a failure on the researchers' part? Because, you know, after the speed limits in Portugal, I can't be sure :lol:
Either way, there is no need to deliberately propagate inaccuracies unless absolutely necessary, IMO. It's not like Western Balkans will have a lack of scenic mountainous routes without this particular road anyway.
jackalnxt

#55 Post by jackalnxt » 20 Sep 2021 12:21

Given how much we've talked about the tightness of the Western Balkans... yeah we might actually have a lack of scenic mountain routes. :shock:

I don't think Plovdiv-Greece will include all the mountains anyway. Most likely formula would be to mimic the flat road towards Asenovgrad. Mayyyyybe a scenic town. Then a slightly hilly road towards the border. It just seems easier than trying to fit it around Svilengrad or having only one Bulgaria-Greece connection.

When it comes to scenic mountains, what really excites me is the Struma valley, because it is a long way from Pernik to Greece and there will be plenty of room for the mappers to do their best. It might even lead to the inclusion of Blagoevgrad as a single industry town. (hopefully, pretty please)
oldmanclippy

#56 Post by oldmanclippy » 20 Sep 2021 13:32

@jackalnxt I think Blagoevgrad coming isn't entirely out of the question. For Iberia they added two French cities so I think it's possible we get Blagoevgrad added in the update right before Western Balkans. It's the most important city in southwest Bulgaria and could be especially relevant if we get the Delchevo border crossing.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
emreunalir

#57 Post by emreunalir » 20 Sep 2021 13:51

Recently, I watched a vlog about a Turkish truck driver's journey on this road. This border crossing is necessary. Otherwise, Eastern Greece has to use Turkey in order to pass to Bulgaria. I don't know how to connect Kardzhali and Plovdiv with SCS scaling. But as a ProMods developer, I'm proud to announce to you all that I designed this connection! :)
Trucker Nik

#58 Post by Trucker Nik » 22 Sep 2021 14:21

When I played ETS2 today, I realized that in less than a month ETS2 will celebrate 9 years, I hope the scs will bid on the new DLC coming after HoR and I hope it will be pictures from the Balkan DLC so that we have the whole Balkan peninsula ready 8-)
oldmanclippy

#59 Post by oldmanclippy » 22 Sep 2021 14:27

I think it's possible we get a tease for the 2023 DLC but unlikely. HoR was an exception I think because either SCS knew Iberia would need to be delayed by that point, or they suspected it was possible so they wanted to throw us a bone to soften the blow of a potential delay. Right now there is nothing to worry about with regards to Heart of Russia (mostly because we still have a ways to go before the (fan-)expected release, being approximately a year after Iberia or slightly longer), so I don't think SCS is in any rush to get any info out the door about it.

I think it's possible that there is a small team working on the foundations of the mapping for the 2023 DLC (perhaps in cooperation with the Austria rework team if the 2023 DLC is indeed Western Balkans), since the beginnings of the HoR team was already spun up by this time last year as evidenced by the teaser screenshots released in October. But like I said, no need to take the thunder away now. Crank out blogs, the 1.42 update, then tease the post-Texas (Montana) and post-HoR DLCs during the Xmas stream. But my guess is simply that, a guess. I have no idea when the 2023 DLC will be teased, I only have my speculations.
Trucker Nik

#60 Post by Trucker Nik » 25 Sep 2021 20:02

I'm looking forward to the Balkan DLC, today I wandered on google maps on the Balkan Peninsula and the Balkan DLC will bring a lot of border crossings from control booths, I'm very pleased, at the same time it will be the DLC that will add the most states, specific 9

Return to “General discussion about the game”