Vabis22

Re: Volvo Machines DLC

#21 Post by Vabis22 » 23 Sep 2021 15:38

What about construction trucks :?
Some newbie driver

#22 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Sep 2021 17:43

If I talked sooner. :roll:

Well, 5 branded vehicles and 7 cargoes at 5€, not bad. I like the addition of the wheeled excavator with the grip appliance. Hopefully the license allow SCS to replace those ugly old forestry manipulators all around the map with something more nice like this one (it will be on lower polygon count , of course)

The other kind of cargo that didn't entered is the demolition ones. Some people guessed they could try to link it to the special transport but maybe SCS was worried about how people could react to that.

Regards
xDope

#23 Post by xDope » 24 Sep 2021 00:23

Would anyone like to have the DLC? I mainly play on ATS so I'm willing to give it away to the first person who comments they want it below :)
If it is stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
IvanKuz

#24 Post by IvanKuz » 24 Sep 2021 00:55

xDope wrote: 24 Sep 2021 00:23Would anyone like to have the DLC? I mainly play on ATS so I'm willing to give it away to the first person who comments they want it below :)
Wait, how are you going to give your copy away, unless you haven't bought it yet? I thought Steam removed the option of buying a game and storing it in your inventory so that you can then give it to someone.

(I don't need it BTW, I'm going to buy one myself, I'm just asking.)
xDope

#25 Post by xDope » 24 Sep 2021 00:57

IvanKuz wrote: 24 Sep 2021 00:55 Wait, how are you going to give your copy away
Haven't bought it yet. Does it automatically add it to your inventory? If so I'll just purchase another copy
IvanKuz

#26 Post by IvanKuz » 24 Sep 2021 01:04

There used to be an option to buy something and store it in your inventory, from where you could later either save it to your game library, or send it to someone, which could be useful for giveaways. Now you can only either buy it into your library straight away, or buy it as gift for a friend straight away, no saving in the inventory.
JoeAlex23

#27 Post by JoeAlex23 » 24 Sep 2021 01:14

xDope wrote: 24 Sep 2021 00:23 Would anyone like to have the DLC? I mainly play on ATS so I'm willing to give it away to the first person who comments they want it below :)
I would LOVE to have it! 😁
Jacksonshaulage1

#28 Post by Jacksonshaulage1 » 24 Sep 2021 01:47

Omg I love the volvo machines dlc 😍
plinio.lisboa.br

#29 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 24 Sep 2021 01:48

@Nemiro
Road roller transport:

Looking at the DLC VOLVO MACHINES, images. I noticed something that caught my attention and went searching.
I think it is not very common to put a wooden lock on the compactor, in front of the roller and its smooth surface.

And I also noticed that most of the wooden locks are placed on the 2 pneumatics of the machine ie the rear.
Another detail is that the roller in the official image appears with only 1 coupling chain, when it should have 2. One on each side at least. Since the roller is the articulated part of the machine, therefore it requires extra safety, it must be firm on the transport trip.

[ external image ]

Video 1: In this interesting video, you can see the wooden lock between the pneumatics of the compactor roller, it makes a lot of sense. The tires have a better grip in fixing the lock with the floor of the trailer of the truck, compared to the roller of the compactor.

Note: In the official DLC image, the wooden lock looks "loose", it was strange in my perception. I don't know if this could be considered a "bug" or something like that for "reporting". But perhaps it deserves the team's attention in this detail: "binding the road roller".

Video 2: In this other video loading the machine roller compactor, there is no wooden lock.

The machine is fixed by 3 steel cables, identical to the original image on the Volvo DLC machines. The detail is that the wooden lock is dispensable.

Note: It would be even better graphically the look of the Volvo machine on the trailer, if there is no wooden beam (or lock).

Photo 1
https://www.alamy.com/bullen-plant-hire ... 44254.html

Photo 2
[ external image ]

Photo 3
[ external image ]

Photo 4 Safety strap:
It looks like it is a good alternative to transporting the road roller and keeping it steady during the transport trip. Usually applied on the front of the machine, more precisely on the compactor roller.

[ external image ]

It may seem silly for many of these details, but maybe there can be improvement in these details by lashing loads of the specific machine. I thought it was important to share this thought.

The other machines noticed correct moorings.

SUGGESTION:
Maybe SCS Software can make 2 compactors per European low trailer for the ETS2 would be really interesting.

[ external image ]
xDope

#30 Post by xDope » 24 Sep 2021 02:47

JoeAlex23 wrote: 24 Sep 2021 01:14 I would LOVE to have it! 😁
I'll PM you! :D

Return to “General discussion about the game”