Volvo Machines DLC

Some newbie driver

Re: Volvo Machines DLC

#31 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Sep 2021 07:06

plinio.lisboa.br wrote: 24 Sep 2021 01:48I think it is not very common to put a wooden lock on the compactor, in front of the roller and its smooth surface.
"It's not common" is not the same as "it shouldn't be there" or "it's useless". Maybe you are used to see drivers that try the less effort path or who designed the cargo was more concerned about cargo safety than usual. Whatever, it harms nobody that log is there, it's nonsense to discuss about it.
plinio.lisboa.br wrote: 24 Sep 2021 01:48Another detail is that the roller in the official image appears with only 1 coupling chain, when it should have 2. One on each side at least. Since the roller is the articulated part of the machine, therefore it requires extra safety, it must be firm on the transport trip.
The image yourself linked clearly shows THREE chains, one on each part of the articulated machine per side (and probably a fourth one in the rear part of the side we can't see in the image).

Regards
DKDBEM4

#32 Post by DKDBEM4 » 24 Sep 2021 07:35

Really like the new cargo additions. Awesome that we get to transport more with the low loaders. I hope they’ll have another look at the concerns that were posted about oversized and non-dividable loads.

viewtopic.php?f=277&t=290893&start=20
plinio.lisboa.br

#33 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 24 Sep 2021 15:27

@Some newbie driver.
Good morning my friend, one for about forms and to keep the load of "road roller compactor machine".
I find it interesting to leave here but some suggestions that can be useful in the DLC VOLVO MACHINES or other transport machinery.

1. Photo: Triangle wooden latches.
Link: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 5R6ZUvzae8

1. Photo. Reference:
Link: http://www.terraplenagemguimaraes.com.b ... rousel-213

2. Photo: Heavy steel triangle latches.
Link: http://www.terraplenagemguimaraes.com.b ... s120pd.jpg

2.Photo. Reference:
Link: http://www.terraplenagemguimaraes.com.b ... rousel-228

They may be more effective and safer ways to attach the road roller than the "wooden log" on the front of the machine (smooth surfaced road roller). In closing, my participation in the theme of "Load Fixing - Compaction Roller". It's just a tip SCS Software, you can accept it or not. But it is a simpler and more efficient locking system than "log".

I hope the content was useful to everyone on the forum. Keep the machines well fixed and secure, and good transport.

Great weekend.
Some newbie driver

#34 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Sep 2021 15:53

@plinio.lisboa.br I don't say what's the best or worst way to do it. I said it's perfectly OK, even one of your videos linked do the same (just putting the log on the other side of the roller, so, not to move in the opposite direction than SCS did). While your message like it was seemed to suggest it was plainly wrong and should be changed. No, it's not wrong, it's one of the several ways people could secure their cargo. Included not placing anything on the roller as others do.

At the end, who's going to do almost all (if not all) the retention job are the chains, if correctly placed.

Regards
xXCARL1992Xx

#35 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 Sep 2021 16:02

there is nothing wrong with securing it with a piece of wood, but i wouldnt use a 10x10 but a triangle one so it cant be moved by the roller because it has nowhere to grip it, also it looks unsecured on the trailer
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Evil_Jason

#36 Post by Evil_Jason » 26 Sep 2021 08:55

The Volvo Machines DLC is great but isn't this kind of trailer a bit of an overkill for such a simple 3tons bucket?

XD

[ external image ] [ external image ]
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
Some newbie driver

#37 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Sep 2021 09:16

The trailer could be used if that's what's it's available or for any reason is necessary on the return trip. The overkill (and plainly wrong) thing is that the trailer is extended and that it has not raised at least 1 axle.

That has been a long request since those trailers came to owned system but it seems they keep just mixing all the cargoes with all the available models without consider those things.
parasaurolophus67

#38 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 26 Sep 2021 12:27

tbh don't really mind if smaller/lighter loads on extended trailers. v:
alluke

#39 Post by alluke » 27 Sep 2021 14:32

The rock bucket is not oversized so it should be transported on normal flatbed instead of lowboy.
Polarlicht

#40 Post by Polarlicht » 27 Sep 2021 15:30

It also gave you the extended trailer version... The game does that. It should know how big the cargo is, at least on the freight market (so non-ownable trailer).

Return to “General discussion about the game”