Removal of truck mods from either ETS2 or ATS from the opposite game ?

bobgrey1997

Re: Removal of truck mods from either ETS2 or ATS from the opposite game ?

#61 Post by bobgrey1997 » 23 Sep 2021 17:44

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 23 Sep 2021 16:29 if you see branded stuff focused in a film (examples you mentioned) then this is product placement and has nothing to do with copyright, the companies deliberately payed to have their products shown, James Bond is one of such things, they even reshoot scenes for the latest film because the release delayed over a year and the shown products were out of "trend" again (what a nonsense reason to reshoot scenes :roll:)
Yeah, I know many of them are paid by the product manufacturer to show and advertise the product. However, brands are often shown in the background or out of focus. Such thinks are sometimes also purposely placed as a sort of subtle advertisement. However, they are more often a result of coincidence. Film editors don't often take the time to edit out every store sign in the background.
In any case, these movies are indeed a very different topic than these games.
If the police car designs are legally copyrighted by the Dutch government, then either that government allows their use in media, or SCS likely reached out for permission. It is no different than company brands, especially not because of this "portraying reality" aspect.
Underscore_101_

#62 Post by Underscore_101_ » 24 Sep 2021 00:14

Sorry, i didn't mean to "derail" for lack of a better word, the thread, it was about ETS2 <> ATS trucks being removed.

my sincere apologies :-)
yasin28a

#63 Post by yasin28a » 25 Sep 2021 04:05

Scs could put truck models into a seperate .scs file which cannot be extracted with scs_extractor, like core.scs.
plykkegaard

#64 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Sep 2021 06:11

It's not only a question about trucks

Rule 3.1
viewtopic.php?f=281&t=300666

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
De_Ruyter

#65 Post by De_Ruyter » 04 Oct 2021 19:59

Noticed they did remove mods, a lot of open pipe mods for example are now gone (only noticed today, didn't play yesterday. Can't say when it happened precisely) I hear it's based up on what the manufacturers wanted making it impossible for SCS to ignore that as it may hurt their relationship with those companies. Which on turn may even mean a company will pull out and force SCS to remove those trucks from the platform as well by force if need be. Leaving us without those trucks and even more angry then we are now. I fear the manufacturers have the last say in it whether we want that or not. SCS doesn't really have a say in the matter. It's not a nice thing of these manufacturers to kill specific mods that shouldn't do any harm at all (such as sound mods, skin mods etc within good reason), but we can't really do anything about it unfortunately.
plykkegaard

#66 Post by plykkegaard » 04 Oct 2021 20:50

Nice, best support with mods is SW
Control which mods are allowed in SW even legal mods

Call me naive but I don't buy it
You are sure it is legal mods which are removed?

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#67 Post by Mohegan13 » 05 Oct 2021 10:48

De_Ruyter wrote: 04 Oct 2021 19:59 Noticed they did remove mods, a lot of open pipe mods for example are now gone
Nope, open pipe mods haven't been touched. If they have been removed then then author of the mod must have done it.

If you have a link to the mod I can tell you if it was removed by the user or not.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.

Return to “General discussion about the game”