Removal of truck mods from either ETS2 or ATS from the opposite game ?

Some newbie driver

Re: Rumors about being forced to remove truck mods from either ETS2 or ATS from the opposite game ?

#31 Post by Some newbie driver » 21 Sep 2021 13:26

At the very basics, that's the same history as always:

What I want to do doesn't have to match what I can do, I should do or I'm allowed to do. Sometimes yes, most times no.

But it's too common to think only on what I want and don't even care to check the rest.

Regards
Marcello Julio

Re: Removal og truck mods from either ETS2 or ATS from the opposite game ?

#32 Post by Marcello Julio » 22 Sep 2021 01:31

Briefly as Moh said, you're still free to do make this truck conversions from a game to another game. However, you will not be able to upload on Steam Workshop or create a thread here on the forum, only in third party mod site. Now, original creations, like for example, you make a Scania R440 for ATS from scratch or you make a Kenworth K200 for ETS2 from scratch. You can still upload on Steam Workshop and create a thread here on forum that nothing will happen, as it was your creation and not from SCS.
Some newbie driver

#33 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Sep 2021 11:04

Marcello Julio wrote: 22 Sep 2021 01:31Briefly as Moh said, you're still free to do make this truck conversions from a game to another game.
Beware, that Mohegan13 didn't said so neither it's SCS policy.

In no way we are free to make a conversion of SCS assets from ATS to ETS2 or viceversa. It's not allowed by SCS in no scenario possible.

A completely different history is that SCS will not act as an Stasi following us through Internet chasing people who does that kind of mods. They state it's not allowed and they clean their official sites from that kind of stuff. Beyond that, they don't have the resources neither the capacity to avoid us to break the legal terms SCS had stated.

Again, I repeat, don't confuse what you are able to do with what you are allowed to do.

Regards
egulley316

#34 Post by egulley316 » 22 Sep 2021 17:49

Marcello Julio wrote: 22 Sep 2021 01:31 Briefly as Moh said, you're still free to do make this truck conversions from a game to another game. However, you will not be able to upload on Steam Workshop or create a thread here on the forum, only in third party mod site. Now, original creations, like for example, you make a Scania R440 for ATS from scratch or you make a Kenworth K200 for ETS2 from scratch. You can still upload on Steam Workshop and create a thread here on forum that nothing will happen, as it was your creation and not from SCS.
I still disagree with this whole thing. You are basically going after a small thing while still allowing a larger thing to exist and still blocking them but not yet doing anything against those. This stinks and i feel like it's now at the point where Litigation will happen.

You can't just allow one thing but not address a more blatant violation that is going on. SCS and the truck manufacturers are still allowing copyright infringement to go on via PAID MODS. I think it's time to start cracking down on those and just leave intergame stuff alone. That's just my take.
Marcello Julio

Re: Removal of truck mods from either ETS2 or ATS from the opposite game ?

#35 Post by Marcello Julio » 22 Sep 2021 18:16

@egulley316 Unfortunately there is a thing called licensing. SCS doesn't want to take the risk and lose a manufacturer's trust and partnership because of this. Since 2019, they had warned that sooner or later this would happen.
Some newbie driver

#36 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Sep 2021 18:56

@egulley316 what's your base to say SCS or manufactorers do allow the copyright infringement on paid mods?
xXCARL1992Xx

#37 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 22 Sep 2021 19:17

they dont, but the hassle for them to go after single individuals is is bigger then what they could gain from it, a cease and desist may come and if this doesnt deter then a legale battle but most times they dont, but it doesnt mean people are safe, it just needs one lawyer who has the itch and thats it

same with this funny sentence
Might be legally ok, but not otherwise. Bad move, no matter for what reason.
i have bad news for you but big companies dont care one bit for you or your opinion on what is a bad move or not, if they want you gone your are gone (if it concerns their intellectual property) Disney and Nintendo are prime examples
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
plykkegaard

#38 Post by plykkegaard » 22 Sep 2021 21:34

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 22 Sep 2021 19:17 ... Disney and Nintendo are prime examples
You could grab some examples from the modding community, you can find enough examples to understand the severity
https://www.google.com/search?q=cease+a ... esist+mods

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
egulley316

#39 Post by egulley316 » 22 Sep 2021 22:10

Some newbie driver wrote: 22 Sep 2021 18:56 @egulley316 what's your base to say SCS or manufactorers do allow the copyright infringement on paid mods?
Because people are making money off of the mods.
egulley316

#40 Post by egulley316 » 22 Sep 2021 22:11

plykkegaard wrote: 22 Sep 2021 21:34
xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 22 Sep 2021 19:17 ... Disney and Nintendo are prime examples
You could grab some examples from the modding community, you can find enough examples to understand the severity
https://www.google.com/search?q=cease+a ... esist+mods
The same thing can happen here with SCS

Return to “General discussion about the game”