Poll: Which new roads would you like to see added to ETS2 in the future?

Which new roads and areas would you like to see added to existing territories of ETS2 in the future?

A3 Köln - Frankfurt
8%
A5 Mannheim - Basel and/or Mulhouse
13%
A6 Metz - Mannheim
6%
A14 Magdeburg - Leipzig - Dresden
4%
A1 Paris - Lille
3%
E7 Pau - Zaragoza [Iberia / VLF]
12%
N-432 Badajoz - Córdoba [Iberia]
2%
E81 Hunedoara - Sibiu - Piteşti [RttBS]
16%
E85 Buzău - Bacău [RttBS]
6%
Completed city of Orléans [VLF]
3%
Missing cities in Scandinavia (e.g. Aarhus, Halmstad, Karlstad)
10%
Islands of the Baltic Sea (e.g. Gotland, Saaremaa, Fasta Åland) [BtBS / Scandinavia]
7%
Mallorca [Iberia]
6%
Other (leave suggestion in the comments)
6%

Total votes: 196

IvanKuz

Poll: Which new roads would you like to see added to ETS2 in the future?

#1 Post by IvanKuz » 25 Sep 2021 05:46

SCS Blog wrote:Iberia has been a popular destination for truckers since its release in April. Based on feedback from our community since its launch, our map team thought it'd be good to revisit the map expansion and bring some new additional content.

[...]

Maybe you'll start seeing more of these extra additions across our released DLCs from time to time as well, who knows.
So, let's collect some more community feedback for SCS, shall we? ;)

Based on some of the most common talking points I've seen on the forum, as well as some personal opinions, I've complied a list of what I believe to be some of the most glaring omissions on the map that could potentially be added to the game in a similar fashion to Sardinia, Corsica and the recently announced new Iberian roads:
  • A3 Köln - Frankfurt: Germany has recently received an update, but still lacks a number of major Autobahns or portions thereof, and this is one of them. In particular, with A3 we're missing the Frankfurt airport - the busiest in Germany! - as well as potentially access to more cities along the Rhine river such as Bonn and Koblenz. Alternatively, A61 from Köln to Mannheim could be completed instead. Either way, this would replace the fictional small roads that we currently have there.
  • A6 Metz - Mannheim: It's pretty bizarre to realize that Germany and France, two neighboring major European countries, are not directly connected with each other via any freeways in the game. This would rectify it.
  • A5 Mannheim - Basel and/or Mulhouse: A complete A5 could be a bit tricky, as it would require the addition of Basel in very limited space on the Swiss side, even if in a drastically reduced form. However, it can at least be connected to A36 in France, perhaps even with Mulhouse added.
  • A14 Magdeburg - Leipzig - Dresden
  • A1 Paris - Lille: Currently, A1 near Paris is conflated with N104, while the continuation of A1 towards Lille is replaced with a fictional small road. This has even caused some confusion among players.
  • E7 Pau - Zaragoza: A lot has been said about the absence of the Pyrenees from Iberia already, so I don't want to beat the dead horse too hard. This is ETS2's Yellowstone/Cody.
  • N-432 Badajoz - Córdoba: And more small roads in Iberia in general. Their lack has been a common criticism of Iberia, and some of them were evidently being worked on but were left unfinished.
  • E81 Hunedoara - Sibiu - Piteşti: This is the main route from Bucharest towards Central Europe, and yet for whatever reason the game omits it in favor of E79 instead.
  • E85 Buzău - Bacău: Road to the Black Sea has quite a few large holes in the map, but the one between Galați and Bacău is the biggest. I believe that filling it with E85 and/or other roads would significantly improve the experience of driving through Romania.
  • Completed city of Orléans: There might be other things that could be added to Vive La France, but Orléans is something SCS actually started working on it, but never finished it for whatever reason.
  • Missing cities in Scandinavia: I'm cheating here a little by adding this wide umbrella item on the list. Some Scandinavian cities, such as Aarhus, Halmstad or Karlstad, are absent from the game, but have enough space to fit into and even have blocked exits leading to them.
  • Islands of the Baltic Sea: A bit more cheating. Since we got Sardinia and Corsica, there are a several islands that I'd love to see likewise added to Scandinavia and Beyond the Baltic Sea DLCs, such as Gotland, Saaremaa, Hiiumaa or Fasta Åland. Although smaller than Corsica, they can still fit at least 1 marked town even in the 1:19 scale.
  • Mallorca: Ditto, probably the only one of the Balearic Islands that can realistically fit in 1:19.
Of course, this isn't an exhaustive list - but the amount of poll options is limited. Feel free to add other suggestions!

Also, please note that I'm deliberately excluding the outdated and yet-unreworked base map and Going East territories, as I think they are a slightly different issue. If it turns out that the Austria rework will come without A10 - I'll be sure to add it here too. Besides, if I included them, Poland alone would have taken half of the available poll options :lol:
Trucker Nik

Re: Poll: Which new roads would you like to see added to ETS2 in the future?

#2 Post by Trucker Nik » 25 Sep 2021 06:14

I voted for the A1 Paris-Lille, for the island of Mallorca, (this island must be added because it is like Italy without Sardinia, or France without Corsica) for the E7 Pau-Zaragoza, (I would also like the city of Pau to be added) for the A14 Magdenburg-Leipzig-Drasden, and I would still vote for the A6 Metz-Mannheim
SenseFM

#3 Post by SenseFM » 25 Sep 2021 10:19

Nice poll! My main votes are for the roads that would reduce the largest gaps in the current game map: E7 between Pau and Zaragoza and E85 between Bacău and Buzău. I'd also like to see E81 between Hunedoara and Pitești, since it is one of the main roads in Romania.

Another option I'd like to see some day in the game is the E25 route between Geneva and Torino through the Mont Blanc Tunnel. Apart from being a very scenic route IRL, it's the only motorway crossing the Alps that is currently missing in the game (apart from the Karawanks Tunnel from Austria to Slovenia, which I suppose it will come with the Balkan DLC), and one of the three main connections between France and Italy.

For it to work the current minor roads between Torino and Milano would need to be replaced by the A4 and A5 motorways, and it would be nice if the old minor road between Bern and Torino, which goes through the Great St Bernard Tunnel, could still be conserved and reworked. Given the presence of high mountain models, it would be pretty challenging route to make, and there could be problems with the available space. Anyways, here's the idea I'm talking about:

[ external image ]
alluke

#4 Post by alluke » 25 Sep 2021 10:32

Finnish National Road 4. Right now it ends at Lahti, would love to see it expanded all the way to Norway.

[ external image ]
dsf.fernando

#5 Post by dsf.fernando » 26 Sep 2021 02:27

Conclusion of IC2 (extension from Lisbon to Porto), but this may be too demanding

[ external image ]
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
JolliciousJosh

#6 Post by JolliciousJosh » 26 Sep 2021 03:33

I bet A3, which connects from Köln to Frankfurt, where the airport is specifically located, and will house an airport logistic company.

Second ones are the roads leading to Werlte, where Krone factory, trailer logistic and main HQs are located in one place. First road is an exit from E1, passing along E233 and Route 213, and exits at Lastrup with a secondary road from there. Second road is an exit from E30 through Routes 70 and 213.

Another one is in Hamburg, where ports and more mixed-use industries are located as an extention to the base.

An alternate to Esbjerg from Kiel is on Route 210 and more secondary roads. Possible, Rendsburg might be added as a new city to the game.

-More to come.
Evil_Jason

#7 Post by Evil_Jason » 26 Sep 2021 10:09

I would also wish for two missing streets I can think of right now.

-) Austria: the missing A10 between Salzburg and Klagenfurt. --> In Klagenfurt there is already the A2/A10 crossing existing. The only thing to take care of would be the country road south of Salzburg, which could be used for detours. Then the area is empty. On the A10 there should be the toll station in the middle
-) France: Paris: Simply Connect the A4/A3 with the A13. The mapmod "Paris rebuilt" has a nicely done roadconnection in addition

(Also a nice to have if ever possible: Andorra. The road would start at the A61 southeast of the rest area at Toulouse, crosses Andorra (there might be one or two companies for us) and ends at the small roundabout in Lleida)

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
jackalnxt

#8 Post by jackalnxt » 28 Sep 2021 07:49

Rish pass. Both exits are in the game and Aytos would make for a great scenic town.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/43.3430 ... a0!1m0!3e0
Jatruck

#9 Post by Jatruck » 28 Sep 2021 09:11

- Completing A-52 near Vigo. It seems they were thinking to do it, as it's quite advanced. See here.

- Pyrenees roads, of course.

- N-432 Badajoz-Córdoba.

- N-401 Ciudad Real-Toledo + A-40 till already in game A-5. It seems they were thinking to do it as well.

- A-31 + A-35 + A-7 Albacete-Valencia.

More or less this: :)
01.jpg
AkePhoe

#10 Post by AkePhoe » 28 Sep 2021 10:24

Germany, A2 from Kamener Kreuz to A3 than A5

Return to “General discussion about the game”