ETS2 1.42 discussion thread

Frayner

Re: ETS2 1.42 discussion thread

#621 Post by Frayner » 10 Nov 2021 14:35

Tarso wrote: 10 Nov 2021 14:16 Do you have phys_mirrors enabled and pushed the seat/FOV "foward"?

If that, you need to adjust the mirrors inward so they fit the new viewing position, just like IRL you adjust seat then mirrors acording to seat position.
That’s just it, even in a normal seating position, the default position of the mirror is way to far out. You can’t see the side of the truck, where as all the other trucks default mirro positions you can see the side of the truck fine.

I noticed this as well and adjusting the mirrors inwards you can only get a sliver of the side of the truck.
Intel i9 13900K, 32 GB RAM, MSI RTX™ 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G, Bigscreen Beyond
ArqeNade

#622 Post by ArqeNade » 10 Nov 2021 14:48

Tarso wrote: 10 Nov 2021 14:16
ArqeNade wrote: 09 Nov 2021 06:08 I have a little problem maybe not a problem. Right and left mirrors point outwards in Renault T. I reset the mirror settings but it doesn't work. How can I solve this problem?
Do you have phys_mirrors enabled and pushed the seat/FOV "foward"?

If that, you need to adjust the mirrors inward so they fit the new viewing position, just like IRL you adjust seat then mirrors acording to seat position.
I didn't change anything. I bought the truck and it was like this.
I agree with Frayner. I `m talking about this.
Not a problem for me. I was starting to think it was a bug, but I guess not. :)
Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/8fXWPUc
Underscore_101_

#623 Post by Underscore_101_ » 16 Nov 2021 10:52

There's been some discussion about the angle of the Range T mirrors before, it's something i haven't paid much attention to since i rarely drive them and usually play with a money mod so i can buy the truck i want to play with immediately, which is always a Daf :-)

But, the other day when playing the beta without any mods just doing some quick jobs it is noticeable that for the Range T the mirrors are angled way more outwards than other trucks, with the other trucks you can usually see a tiny bit or more of the truck's back wheels from default settings, with the Range T you can't even see your trailer.

I agree that whenever you step in a new car or truck some adjustments have to be made, but in the game when you can only do quick jobs it's kinda annoying, specially with the Range T because it's always needed even for a short drive where most, if not all other trucks are at least drivable without changes.
Titanic4

#624 Post by Titanic4 » 16 Nov 2021 16:42

Force feedback in 1.42 works fine as long as the player drives RWD vehicle, which is the case for every truck, which is natively available in the game. Since the chassis can be made to have FWD drivetrain instead, trying to drive vehicle with such drivetrain may cause issues with force feedback when trying to turn while accelerating as the steering wheel may try to turn more than expected in the general turn direction. For instance: If you try to slightly turn left while accelerating, the steering wheel may try to turn way too much in that direction.
Some newbie driver

#625 Post by Some newbie driver » 16 Nov 2021 16:58

The physics of the game aren't complete and I could bet in no way they had been tuned neither tested to have FWD vehicles. As new FFB takes physics data as direct input, whatever weird could happens with physics is going to be weird on FFB.

So, who mods such kind of vehicle into the game, is the responsible to mod also the FFB (if possible) to adapt the output to that scenario not covered by the base game.

If in the future SCS releases vehicles with some kind of FWD; for sure then the physics and the FFB would work as it should. In fact, new FFB shows more than ever before how they need another jump in physics. Question is if they have room for that in current game architecture.

Regards
The_SimTrucker

#626 Post by The_SimTrucker » 16 Nov 2021 19:38

Talking about game physics and FWD: Dotec's Mercedes MP2 has a 4x4 chassis variant. With the new FFB it makes for an interesting ride, it wildly moves from side to side due to the driving force of the front wheels and the steering input. Clearly SCS did not test or think about driven front wheels (yet). It can most likely be minimized by playing with the FFB settings but the defaults are not working for that chassis variant.
Jatruck

#627 Post by Jatruck » 16 Nov 2021 19:49

Underscore_101_ wrote: 16 Nov 2021 10:52 There's been some discussion about the angle of the Range T mirrors before, it's something i haven't paid much attention to since i rarely drive them and usually play with a money mod so i can buy the truck i want to play with immediately, which is always a Daf :-)

But, the other day when playing the beta without any mods just doing some quick jobs it is noticeable that for the Range T the mirrors are angled way more outwards than other trucks, with the other trucks you can usually see a tiny bit or more of the truck's back wheels from default settings, with the Range T you can't even see your trailer.

I agree that whenever you step in a new car or truck some adjustments have to be made, but in the game when you can only do quick jobs it's kinda annoying, specially with the Range T because it's always needed even for a short drive where most, if not all other trucks are at least drivable without changes.
And if you adjust the angle of your owned T and then change to another truck, when you get your Renault T afresh ... the mirrors are out of range agaiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnn. :D ;)
CYB34

#628 Post by CYB34 » 07 Dec 2021 21:15

The new FFB is really bad on G923, choppy at low speeds and with no resistance at high speeds (90km/h).
I tried various settings, new profile, even went in the beta.
The old one was closer to the real thing.

I wish they had an option to disable physics based FFB.
Marcello Julio

#629 Post by Marcello Julio » 07 Dec 2021 22:01

Put for default the Force Feedback settings and configure from there. Many are managing to play without any problems (including people with the G923).
Wolfseye

#630 Post by Wolfseye » 07 Dec 2021 23:59

Well, i really hate the new FBB changes, and with my Logitech G29 its NOT fun anymore !!! :evil:

I did try around with different settings (and there is plenty of for example Youtube videos, talking about that stuff and settings, but nothing makes it as it was), but its not even close to as "perfect" as it was before 1.42 to me. If i cant make it work, this is finally the one thing that finally screwed up the Game for me. To an extent that I dont wanna play it anymore. For me this was a first step towards when so called "realism" kills the fun in a game. So far, the Game somewhat had a good balance, and I loved to play this game for many years now, but with this... :x thanks @SCS you really killed the game for me. And I dont appreciate that.
I might get easily frustrated and say something wrong on occasion, but I never really mean it. Please do what I often cant, dont take it too personal. And please forgive me. Thanks guys. :)

Return to “General discussion about the game”