ETS2 1.42 discussion thread

Some newbie driver

Re: ETS2 1.42 discussion thread

#631 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 Dec 2021 00:16

You have at reach an explanation of how to let current FFB working as like the simplistic way it worked before the change.

It was explained in the blog article announcing that change.

So SCS didn't killed anything. Go read a bit, take your time if it's so important for you.
Wolfseye

#632 Post by Wolfseye » 08 Dec 2021 07:04

I did try all that, it’s not at all like it was before the changes. It’s not that simple. I tried all that. It’s not like that anymore. It’s not that’s there would be an option to make it like before anymore. It’s still far different from what it used to be. For me personally it’s ruined. But I suppose developers don’t really care for individuals anymore.
I might get easily frustrated and say something wrong on occasion, but I never really mean it. Please do what I often cant, dont take it too personal. And please forgive me. Thanks guys. :)
Some newbie driver

#633 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 Dec 2021 10:50

Developers have never cared for individuals, never, nowhere.

Devs could try to help individuals with their problems. But individuals personal tastes, biases and philias can't dictate the development of any software that pretends to be serious.

If you tried all, of that and it doesn't working to your tastes, sorry for you. If nobody else here, devs included (it was a thread where they were specially looking for feedback and to help people), sorry for you. But to come here spitting fire is not going to change anything. Get used to it, remain on previous version or leave the game. Those are our options every time an update changes something we don't like.

There's the fourth option to try to convince devs to revert back; but in this case is out of place. Old FFB wasn't nothing but a absolute simplistic and unrealistic thing (wether people like it or not); the main reason why almost everybody who wanted a serious FFB relied on that famous third party plug-in (BTW, if you used it, you MUST remove it, as like any mod that touches game physics; in case you haven't tried that already). They have moved on to something several steps over. Nobody does such a change to revert it back.

Regards
Wolfseye

#634 Post by Wolfseye » 08 Dec 2021 11:09

I never used any plugin for FFB, i liked it the way it was for me, no matter if realistic or not. And does it really matter if it was simplistic ? They could have at least made 2 different choices, i am sure it would have been somehow possible to keep the old (as it was) for those that preferred that, and added the new version to choose for those that for some reason, needs everything as realistic as possible. I am pretty sure, knowing people that created software over the years, that the option would have been there. And with everything I said above, I also mentioned that this is only for my personal view. I dont know, if others think like me, or if everyone only loves the new way FBB is now. I can only speak for myself. I also wasnt around with the game from after 1.41 to 1.42 much, but only recently returned. Other real world issues kept me from staying closer to the game as I would have liked. And so, for me, the new FBB is quite new, even if we're almost with 1.43 soon. So, I couldnt even been around when the beta was.

One thing is for sure, i tried all sorts of combinations with the new FFB, and nothing of what I got out of it, was close to what I had before the changes, hence didnt make me wanna enjoy it since. Might be not important to some people, but its important to me. For me, personally, the Game is ruined, because of those changes. Guess its time to quit. Which would be sad, but if I cant enjoy the driving anymore, which is kinda the point of the game, what's left ?

At some point, many games went that way, when certain things (even though they were called "Simulator") became too realistic in a way, that someone that loved to play the game less serious, less realistic maybe, could not enjoy it anymore. Truck Sim kept in a good balance for a long time, and I was already surprised that things didnt go into that direction sooner. But I guess we're here now. Some people said, its worse with Logitech wheels. That maybe true, I dont know, but I wouldnt now pay much more for a wheel, just to counteract the problems the game presents me with now with the old Wheel. So, if its worth with Logitech wheels, and I suppose the more serious people have other more expensive wheels anyways, then this is what the difference is for me. I dont see why i would need to buy a more expensive wheel now, just to being able to enjoy the game a bit more (maybe) like I did before. Just because someone can buy a more expensive one without a big problem, that doesnt mean everyone can.

Is there anyone, that previously had a Logitech wheel, and liked the FFB the way it was, but now switched to a more expensive wheel and with that its more fun, or so much better than it was before ? If so, I appreciate the experiences those people made. ;)
I might get easily frustrated and say something wrong on occasion, but I never really mean it. Please do what I often cant, dont take it too personal. And please forgive me. Thanks guys. :)
Wolfseye

#635 Post by Wolfseye » 10 Dec 2021 14:28

I would like to add, that it sure would have been possible to keep the old stuff, while still adding the new system. People could have chosen what they wanted to use. For many years the old system was as it was, and although I am sure quite a lot people might have wished for something different, but as much I am sure many were used to the old system and would have preffered the old system. Many other games keep older settings, while adding new, and people can choose. I doubt it would have been impossible to make that happen.

By now i tried many different settings, with the new system. Even what some would call being more close to how it was before, yet I cannot confirm that. Nothing I change is how it was before. And sticking with an older version of the game in the long run is no choice to go. For years Truck Sim (ETS2 & ATS) was my most favourite game, a game I could relax with like no other out there. And relaxing for some people, that have a lot with health issues in their life, is very important. There are many games out there, yet nothing could make me enjoy it as much as SCS did with these games. I never cared about making it too realistic, but also not arcady. Something in between. And it was possible with these Games to keep a balance between fun & more realistic behaviour.

Now with that change, its the first time in years that I think about stopping to play these games. Simply because this change doesnt make me enjoy it as much anymore as it was. Its sad to think about, because without these games there would be something really missing for me, something that always helped me when I felt bad because of above mentioned reasons. And whatever can make you feel good, no matter how you really feel, its very precious and carries a lot of weight.

It was a great time with these games, with mods and all those things that made these games so fantastic and something unlike anything else. ;)
But I feel its come to an end, since I cant find a way to make it as it was anymore. And while I am sure a lot of you favour the new system of FFB, some like me loved the games they way they were. Literally.

I still wanna thank SCS Games for these great years, I could play those games. And as it is with all companies, its not really important to satisfy individual preferences but rather go with those that are in greater numbers, and with "Simulation" games unfortunately the biggest part are those that want things as realistic as it can be. Its not different than with many other developers and companies, its just how its done.

All that's left now is to sell my Steering Wheel, i dont really need it for any other game, and try to remember the good times with ETS2 and ATS. ;)
CHeers
Jatruck

#636 Post by Jatruck » 10 Dec 2021 15:44

@Wolfseye But you can still play the game in the version you want.

I'm even playing 1.35 in a dedicated installation just to enjoy some pre-FMOD engine sounds (Scania 2009 V8, Scania 2016 V8, Man TGX Euro 6 D38, Volvo FH Classic and Renault Premium). :D ;)
R0adrunner

#637 Post by R0adrunner » 10 Dec 2021 16:02

@Jatruck Do you keep the dedicated installation on the same pc? If so, how?
I've never done that before, so I'm sure I can do it (Långstrump, Pippi)
Hard Times in Scandinavia a.k.a. HTiS (story and pics)
Movin' on - my ATS adventures
My WoT page
Jatruck

#638 Post by Jatruck » 10 Dec 2021 16:29

Yes, it's in the same PC. Just another partition with Windows installation.

With a boot manager I choose what Windows to start. ;)
Bandit & The Snowman

#639 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 10 Dec 2021 17:01

Tarso has made a tutorial on how to keep two independent installations within the same Windows instance. It’s somewhere in the forum, don’t remember where though.
Wolfseye

#640 Post by Wolfseye » 10 Dec 2021 17:32

Jatruck wrote: 10 Dec 2021 15:44 @Wolfseye But you can still play the game in the version you want.

I'm even playing 1.35 in a dedicated installation just to enjoy some pre-FMOD engine sounds (Scania 2009 V8, Scania 2016 V8, Man TGX Euro 6 D38, Volvo FH Classic and Renault Premium). :D ;)
Yes, well, true. But too many mods that come out in new versions, to mentions issues in older versions of the game will stick with me. You can pretty much forget Steam workshop mods, since most that are good, are usually updated at some point with newer versions.
Its not the same anymore. And with that new FFB its (for me, in my opinion) absolutely terrible. Dont get me wrong, I am happy for everyone that thinks that the new system is much better. Since these things depend on everyone's own opinion, and thats fine.
But for me, this is what killed the game. Just for me.

I doubt putting more money into a better steering wheel will really change that much, not to mention that one cant throw money at something when he wants.

Return to “General discussion about the game”