ETS2 1.42 discussion thread

idyllicLife

Re: ETS2 1.42 discussion thread

#371 Post by idyllicLife » 21 Oct 2021 14:57

Since Convoy update, the time that it takes to install these new updates has increased dramatically. Like... 167mb update. it's been 15 minutes but it's half way there, still installing. I mean, wow.

Edit: Just realized that game takes 12GB of disk space. Holy sweet truck...
Marcello Julio

#372 Post by Marcello Julio » 21 Oct 2021 15:23

This is because since 1.41 now all the players have all customization DLCs, trailers DLC and cargoes DLC in the base game because of Convoy.
Brian Benton

#373 Post by Brian Benton » 21 Oct 2021 15:24

Well, the day of the release has come ... Well, who said that during beta testing someone would fix something? Where are you? Thank you SCS for finally and officially breaking the FFB to Logitech wheel owners, clearing up the truthful comments and successfully ignoring all player complaints, and seriously suggesting an excellent idea to use the centering spring effect, which has nothing to do with the correct operation of the FFB in 1.41. You will have to come to terms with fate, turn off your imitation of backlash and rotate a completely empty steering wheel. What's next? The solution to the anti-aliasing problem is scaling up to 800%? The solution to the problem with sounds will be using custom mods, which are many times superior to the work of the studio in terms of quality? Whether there will be more ... I understand, save time and money on the recreation of high-quality trucks and trailers, do not develop in the direction of improving the gameplay component of the game, since the game is a "truck simulator", not a "trucker simulator", but deliberately break the correctly working FFB - such a solution is beyond my understanding ...
xXCARL1992Xx

#374 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 21 Oct 2021 15:26

there was nothing broken, the FFB from 1.42 has nothing to do with 1.41, it is a complete rewrite and based on physics (mostly) and not some imaginary numbers, also if you have problems why didnt you make a proper bug report instead of writing a wall of text that will be ignored ?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
dhrto

#375 Post by dhrto » 21 Oct 2021 15:34

Since the FFB engine is rewritten from the ground up, based on physics, it's bound to feel different than before. Whether that's an improvement for you, that's subjective. Have you tried resetting the settings to default and tweak the settings using that as a starting point (like was suggested in the blog of SCS a week or so ago)?

I can't wait to try out the new FFB engine. I found the current / 1.41 engine just so so. Unfortunately have to wait for the VR branche update to be released...
System specs: Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX3080 (no OC), Varjo Aero (using OpenXR through OpenComposite instead of SteamVR), 32 GB DDR3200, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB, Win10. And most importantly: vanilla game, no mods.
Brian Benton

#376 Post by Brian Benton » 21 Oct 2021 15:38

@xXCARL1992Xx, if you have not seen my report, it does not mean that it is not there. Review it and if you say that tens of minutes of video, logs, the most detailed description of the problem with adjusting each setting is not enough to fully understand the problem, then something is probably wrong with you. I'm not against the fact that FFB has been completely redesigned, based on physical laws and so on ... But the result is important, and not the letters in the blog that we are so great, blah, blah, blah. The result is a dead zone in the center, auto rotation and staggered operation and player complaints that are ignored and removed, and some users have been banned altogether. What else can I tell you? Continue to support all negative points from SCS. Perhaps the studio will appreciate this and give you an award.
xXCARL1992Xx

#377 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 21 Oct 2021 15:40

"player complaints that are ignored and removed, and some users have been banned altogether."

sayonara, you made yourself unbelievable with just this few words
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Brian Benton

#378 Post by Brian Benton » 21 Oct 2021 15:47

I have captured almost every deleted comment and personally communicate with banned players. After your words, should I personally send you evidence? May I also give you my credit card number? What does all this have to do with it? Just read the discussion thread 1.42, the bug report section, YouTube comments under the videos with an overview of the new version, comments on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, VKontakte, Blog ... If you do not pay attention to the reviews of other players, it does not mean that everyone is happy.
dsf.fernando

Re: ETS2 1.42 beta discussion thread

#379 Post by dsf.fernando » 21 Oct 2021 16:25

tobrago wrote: 20 Oct 2021 14:08 I agree with your opinion. Max replied to me that he saw some picture of the game where there were 1019 mods it's a horror.
Now i want to see that screenshot, thanks
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
Stephen Butler

#380 Post by Stephen Butler » 21 Oct 2021 17:12

Bloody hell!!!

I have no sooner got my 100+ mods updated, in the right order, and working, and they update the ******* game! This is just ridiculous. I've probably spent 25% of my time playing the game in 2021 and the other 75% modding it because of updates. We are constantly playing cat and mouse with SCS and it's getting worse. Some of the older players, like myself, may soon give up and go and play On the Road or something. It might not be as good, but it sure as heckadoodle is easier...x
Last edited by Stephen Butler on 21 Oct 2021 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”