DLC
15%
I dont care
3%

Total votes: 39

Vabis22

Reskin/Reworked or DLC

#1 Post by Vabis22 » 14 Oct 2021 17:21

What do you think about reskin/reworked areas?
I would prefer dlc to reskin/reworked about no dlc countries.Because we miss many things.New companies,new loads maybe new roads.
Some newbie driver

Re: Reskin/Reworked or DLC

#2 Post by Some newbie driver » 14 Oct 2021 20:35

What we prefer doesn't matter. From the perspective of SCS, DLC aren't an option by lots of technical, practical and organizational reasons. So, the real 2 options left are: let them as they are or reworks/reskins.

Chose what you prefer.

Regards
Madkine
Global moderator

#3 Post by Madkine » 14 Oct 2021 21:29

As has been discussed many times before you can't rework an old area as DLC as SCS then needs to maintain both so it just creates more work for them and less time to work on other things like new map DLC's.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Trenero

#4 Post by Trenero » 14 Oct 2021 22:51

I think Reskin/Rework make much more sense, especially when the first contact of a new player with the game is the base game. (Specially if they try the demo first)
If new players see a quality map, is more likely that they will buy the DLCs in the future.

And other thing, after the Reskin/Rework nothing is stoping SCS to improve some cities more, add new companies from the newer DLCs, or even can Reskin/Rework of the current prefabs for the base game companies and the companies liveries to mach the current standar.
JolliciousJosh

#5 Post by JolliciousJosh » 16 Oct 2021 10:53

Refresh or a reskin is better.
As ETS2 turns 9, assets of some base EU countries have been considered old and outdated, especially vegetation and grass. For instance, the heart of each base game city is quite old, especially Berlin and Frankfurt, touted as the major large cities in Germany when it comes to economy. Adding new cities into the game is a positive development. Companies that are discovered since the release of the ETS1 (at least in the base and in the Going East DLC), in my opinion, be refreshed into their local companies/companies that are found in other map DLCs.
Refresh in a map DLC can be done once all reskins of the base game are 100% completed, including the UK, which is also due for a reskin, in preparation for the future Ireland DLC. All will be updated at no costs, for owners of a certain map DLC.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#6 Post by Mohegan13 » 16 Oct 2021 11:09

Ireland isn't dependant on a UK refresh. I honestly just think they don't feel it is DLC worthy.

TBH There is no reason to make reskins a DLC, anything they can do with a DLC they can do with a refresh too.

DLC only complicates matters for everyone. Not only does it create more work for SCS with every update, it also makes it difficult for WoTr. I doubt they would be able to run WoTr with two different map areas that are the same location. This would actually limit them and force them to make the DLC layout identical with the same companies, thus going directly against your reasoning for it being DLC.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.

Return to “General discussion about the game”