TrackIR profiles for ETS2

TRCB

TrackIR profiles for ETS2

#1 Post by TRCB » 25 Oct 2021 20:43

Hey All.

I am using the TrackIr because VR seems to be broken when i try it, several CTD's and/or SteamVR crashes when I use it.

I actually prefer the triples as performance is better on my setup, and the only reason for TrackIr really is to be able to look around corners at intersections and just give a "feel" of immersion, but my profile is very disorienting, if i look too far left or right while driving and look forward i find myself drifting lanes etc.
(Im just using the 1:1 profile i use with MSFS2020)

Has anyone got a comfortable profile they use to share?

TIA TRCB

(you can see what I mean here)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAy4d7OFUms
GT182

Re: TrackIR profiles for ETS2

#2 Post by GT182 » 26 Nov 2021 04:00

TRCB, I too use the Tracker 4 but with IR5 software. And only with ETS2 I too have an intermittent crash back to my desktop with it. I've no idea what's causing it, and it is a royal PITA. When it happens I try and hit F1 as fast as I can. It only works sometimes so I don't crash into something. Use a No Damage mod until what causes this to happen is found. I believe it's ETS2 not your Tracker causing it. It doesn't happen in ATS. If someone else knows what the cause is please give us a hand for the fix.

As for a profile, here's a snapshot of mine for you. This also works even better for flight sims with 6 Degrees Of Motion. In ETS2/ATS you only have up, down, left, and right..... no tilt ;)

[ external image ]
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
DTC

#3 Post by DTC » 26 Nov 2021 07:33

you can use a copy of the default to add your own hotkey settings and adjust the move moments a little to your own like.
The main option is the speed and smooth at the top.
Those are valid for all profiles. The lower the speed and higher the smooth can give a better performance at your like.
Good luck
GT182

#4 Post by GT182 » 26 Nov 2021 15:57

Yeah, I changed the default to what I use now. It is smooth. Try it and if it doesn't suit you just play with it to get it where it works the way you want to. For me it's just like sitting in a truck looking around as in real life.

Adrelina, does your ETS2 drop and go to the desktop with the ETS2 icon in the task bar? I can't mine to stop doing it. As I said above ATS doesn't do this.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
GT182

#5 Post by GT182 » 29 Nov 2021 13:57

BTW, how did you make out with your Tracker? That profile I use works for both ATS and ETS2, plus many other listed games.
DTC

#6 Post by DTC » 29 Nov 2021 14:06

@GT182
disable automatical minimize On TrackIR Enhanched tittle if you want to leave it up when play a game like ets2 or ats

I just browse the net for tip and hints
some i use or try, just like the not move back due the fact my chair is moving around so there is less interference in movements.

Well give it a try and enjoy the game
GT182

#7 Post by GT182 » 05 Dec 2021 21:48

As I said it works great, and works for any "game" that will let you us the Tracker. Just make sure you use the IR5 software. Enjoy.
Karlia

#8 Post by Karlia » 06 Dec 2021 07:19

GT182 wrote: 26 Nov 2021 04:00 This also works even better for flight sims with 6 Degrees Of Motion. In ETS2/ATS you only have up, down, left, and right..... no tilt ;)
You can activate the TrackiR roll axis in the controls.ssi by changing "constant c_ht_roll 0.000000" to "constant c_ht_roll 1.000000"
umdre71

#9 Post by umdre71 » 06 Dec 2021 23:16

Thanks for this information, I did not know that yet.
Also is there a setting to adjust the zoom differently? When using the interior zoom it goes much further than when I use trackir to move my head forward. Thx - André
SLAYER [PT]

#10 Post by SLAYER [PT] » 28 Dec 2022 19:25

Hi guys,

I have trackir 5 for some time and it worked always perfectly ( I never used track clip pro because I hate cables in my head). Meanwhile I made an upgrade to my pc and totally forgot to check my profile.

Since then I notice a strange behavor that I can't really understand why. For instance, when I turn my head either to the right or left, isn't linear, i mean by the time I'm turning my head it also start to goes up.

Not sure if this impacts in game (Eurotruck and American truck) but sometimes hapens for a split of a second image runs out either for left or to right.

Someone has some usefull tip for me please?

Thank you all

Return to “General discussion about the game”