ETS2 1.43 discussion thread

cristianrpbeijo

Re: ETS2 1.43 open beta discussion

#431 Post by cristianrpbeijo » 04 Dec 2021 08:13

thanks @pigbrother , but this changes are just for modders or they have effect with the vanilla players(like me) aswell?
IvanKuz

#432 Post by IvanKuz » 04 Dec 2021 09:11

otuken wrote: 03 Dec 2021 13:05Why are seasonal conditions unnecessary? Okay, realistic economy is also necessary, but seasonal conditions are also necessary, and pollution must also be, this is the most important feature expected by the players for years. For 9 years, this game has been in June and we, as players, are tired of seeing the sun and open air all the time, and now there should be a calendar system in the game.
My point was that anyone can take a comment like yours and swap "seasonal conditions" for "realistic economy" or "rigids" or "better AA" or "better AI" or "walking outside of the truck" or a trillion other things. Because in the end of the day when you say "we, the players, want", you really mean "I want". But another player's priorities or desires might be completely different from yours. Personally, I'd rather SCS tackled a dozen other, more important (in my opinion) things first before doing seasons.
Bandit & The Snowman

#433 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 04 Dec 2021 10:27

I have to ask again: After the latest patch update, the markets are available from map view like they always used to be. Both when I access the map from the main menu and from driving. Didn’t you apply the last update?
Boy

Icon panel

#434 Post by Boy » 04 Dec 2021 11:08

Panel that way is good congratulations scs.
[ external image ]
Persecution 🤔
Dream Horse movie

"Tveka inte att fråga din Scania-återförsäljare om vilken modifiering som helst. Vi är det kompletta företaget vad gäller specialfordon."
https://laxasv.se/
Boy

#435 Post by Boy » 04 Dec 2021 11:24

One thing I liked about Farming Simulator 22 is that it supports 16 people in multiplayer and it can also be downsized.
@mackintosh
I believe that DX12 can improve on Euro Truck 2 because otherwise scs wouldn't switch to DX12

Wait and see how it looks with DX12
Persecution 🤔
Dream Horse movie

"Tveka inte att fråga din Scania-återförsäljare om vilken modifiering som helst. Vi är det kompletta företaget vad gäller specialfordon."
https://laxasv.se/
Some newbie driver

#436 Post by Some newbie driver » 04 Dec 2021 12:22

API versions doesn't improve nothing by themselves, they are TOOLS. The relation goes the opposite way: If one company wants to improve how its game works, at some point better tools are needed to achieve that goal. But DX12 alone would do nothing. Don't you all remember what happened in the firs update when DX11 was added? Almost nothing, barely a bit of extra performance. SCS changed to DX11 because they need that tool to the improvements that came after (the improvement on models for RttBS and newer DLC, SSAO, lighting changes...)

And regarding DX12 specifically combined with the current architecture of SCS code, it would be pointless and a waste of time to add it now. DX12 is better leveraged when the core of the game has certain features that SCS don't have now. Something that they know better than anyone else. They had to change a lot of other things first and then they will switch to DX12 or/and Vulkan or whatever to keep improving further.

That doesn't mean they aren't working already on that DX12 change. Those things require a LOT of planning and exploratory test before decide how the change will exactly be done and then do it. They are projects measured in YEARS. And that's why they had been offering job offers for people with that kind of knowledge from quite a time already.

Regards

PS: @Bandit & The Snowman I recall somebody saying that those UI changes were linked to the gamepad UI test and that disabling that UI mode makes the buttons remain as always. Or at least I understood it that way. Sorry, but I don't remember where I read it.
ETS-20B

#437 Post by ETS-20B » 04 Dec 2021 12:42

Just rode with a gamepad - it's awesome, thanks SCS.
ShatnersBassoon

#438 Post by ShatnersBassoon » 04 Dec 2021 13:09

While things are being streamlined for gamepads, would it be possible to make the normal freight market work like external contracts, and by default show just the jobs for the city you're currently in? You could still then click on an empty part of the map if you do want to see all the jobs, but seems like looking at local jobs is the most likely choice and it's extra clicks every time, even using a mouse it's always bugged me a little.

What I'd really love to have is an 'instant market' hotkey that would automatically go straight to the screen you are most likely to use - with just a truck it would take you to the local freight market, if you have an owned trailer attached it would open the cargo market instead, or just quick jobs if you have neither.
dhrto

#439 Post by dhrto » 04 Dec 2021 13:47

cristianrpbeijo wrote: 04 Dec 2021 07:55 * two things that i wish SCS fix in the future of ATS and ETS2

the bug lights, wich lights(headlights, beacon lights, brake lights, street lights) pass through objects, like those objects(prefabs, cabin, trailer, cargo) are invisible to those lights

AI traffic improvement, wich traffic have better behavior, most realism, and the spawn of the AI traffic can be more realistc. for example there are some areas in the game that AI don't spawn properly, and some areas the AI traffic seems illogical like going inside for a rest are for "nothing", just pass there and leaves, like they are following you... and other things that make the AI of the game a little unrealistic.
To continue on the AI improvement. A couple of things I would like to see added (aside from fixing the bugs of course), which in my opinion will make the game more realistic:
- when an AI gives you way, even though you don't have it according to the traffic rules (like when you turn left and have to cross the oncoming traffic that goes straight), it would be nice if they let you know by flashing their high beams.
- when you pass another truck on the highway, they flash their high beams to let you know you can safely return to the right lane.
- when you accidently keep your high beams on in rural areas with no street lights, oncoming traffic will flash their high beams at you for reminding you that you're blinding them. (I thought I saw this in the past already, but now I'm not sure the AI still does this in the current game version (1.42))
System specs: Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX3080 (no OC), Varjo Aero (using OpenXR through OpenComposite instead of SteamVR), 32 GB DDR3200, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB, Win10. And most importantly: vanilla game, no mods.
Some newbie driver

#440 Post by Some newbie driver » 04 Dec 2021 14:23

Yes, the AI still flashes you if you are lighting them with high beams

Return to “General discussion about the game”