ETS2 1.43 discussion thread

filipkmoch

Re: ETS2 1.43 open beta discussion

#491 Post by filipkmoch » 07 Dec 2021 23:02

What is the 63,5 MB update?
Some newbie driver

#492 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 Dec 2021 00:11

No tajana_g, I've not mixed anything, for sure.

And no, of course, the game isn't CPU heavy in the common use of that expression.As the game can only use 1 and a bit (maybe a half) of a CPU physical thread (so, under 1 physical core total raw power on SMT capable CPU) due their almost mono-core architecture. So there's the problem, on a 8 core CPU so common this days, SCS games can leverage less than 1/8 of their total raw power. Playing SCS games is for your CPU like taking a nap in the office: "Hard work".

And yes, that means we have to trade performance now. SCS games use 100% of what they can use. You want something that consumes 1% more? Then you have to pull that 1% from something else; no Scotty's magic working here. So, I was not intending to mean that you demand something to be changed now; but I meant that to expect that kind of things to arrive "now" (so, soon) is not realistic due all those constrains. We can wish for the future but expect nothing to be changed soon.

Where do I get the information, you asked? From one part, we have talked about those very details lots of times directly with devs here in the forums. On the other hand, it's something fundamental in the workings of a computer; those who have learn about IT theory we know to notice it, is not difficult at all. It's granted, the games actually work that way and have that severe limitation. And I grant you too, the day this limitation will be out, everybody will notice it by himself. ;)

What I meant with all of this was, as I said, that the game needs A LOT more of fundamental changes. The kind of changes are announced with time, that have long OB process, even that require several versions to be fully released (DX and FMOD required 2, lighting has only been partially improved...). We will know about all those things being changed and we will notice them in the game too. Open Betas could arrive at surprise days; but the most relevant changes are announced in advance and the ones prior to improve AI as like the change in AI itself worth and will have their share of info, I''m pretty sure about that. So, it's not that we could expect that an AI improvement could inadvertently slip in the middle of 1.43 OB like you was sad it didn't happen this time. Have patience.

Regards
scaniadriver01

#493 Post by scaniadriver01 » 08 Dec 2021 01:39

@tajana_g i think they need to look at the collision boxes from the vehicles... and have them auto adjust at various speed.. like downtown you need more space the move, make turns etc.. on highways where traffic usually goes in the same direction the collisionbox can be smaller..

also when an AI vehicle is in the left lane and there is no other bus, car or truck on the right of its collisionbox it should automaticly move to the right

dont know how the coding works but this should be something to be looked at... and at some reworked cities the ramps have been extended compared to how the game was in the release stages.. so AI should pick up speed matching to the traffic already on the highway and merge without stopping..

when i took my drivingtest for the truck serveral years ago my instructor let me drive on to a short on ramp... and said.. if you cant match the speed of other traffic coming up to you you should stay on the shoulder untill you reached the matching speed or close to the speed where its safe to enter the highway and merge.. AI traffic should do the same instead of driving on the highway at snail speed where other traffic ( and me) come thundering down at high speed and need to yank the wheel to avoid the merging traffic...
Jatruck

#494 Post by Jatruck » 08 Dec 2021 08:35

* 0172723: [1.43.0.81s] - MAN TGX Euro 6 - Facelift - wrong backlight of dashboard dials
This is twice mentioned ... so it should be some important thing ... :D ;)
tajana_g

#495 Post by tajana_g » 08 Dec 2021 08:41

@scaniadriver01 Sure thing, only that it would I would replace the term collisionbox with something else. I am sure you know how annoying it is if a game has to for example too big collisionboxes for items...

@Some newbie driver I am a customer here, not a developer, so I dont care how SCS achieves progress, still I appreciate that you try to explain their side.
But if they have the time to actually record spanish bird sounds (as friendly as I find the idea for this detail) while there is not a single good truck sound in the game, I get, not for the first time, the strong impression that the development got out of focus and sidetracked to things that are not even QoL but spleen.
I do not remember to have ever heard a bird sound while driving, with the exception of an unfortunate bird hitting my windscreen maybe...
Last edited by tajana_g on 08 Dec 2021 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
Austin.S

Re: ETS2 1.43 discussion thread

#496 Post by Austin.S » 08 Dec 2021 12:28

Patch notes are out.
Unfortunately, X Multi Energy D still isn't included.
Last edited by Austin.S on 08 Dec 2021 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
JolliciousJosh

#497 Post by JolliciousJosh » 08 Dec 2021 12:31

We're glad that 1.43 is out.

My predictions got right. :D I'll check it out.
seth_haveron

#498 Post by seth_haveron » 08 Dec 2021 12:37

yes great 1.43 is out and the game dosnt start what so ever.

trying to reinstall the whole batch ..
i dont care if you like my Opinion i shove it in your face anyway ....unlike you i have one.
truckphotohbg

#499 Post by truckphotohbg » 08 Dec 2021 12:44

OKEY SCS

What have you done with the sounds this time then???

Sounds like im driving in a tunnel All the time now... :/

Update; I see the post now on the blog.
This is just the first iteration of this update, as in the future we plan to bring more accurate attenuation simulation by the size of the truck cab.
Well you should have waited till it was fully ready...... You rush sound updates to fast, like you don´t really care.

Interior sound is the sound we all have to listen to while playing this game. And if the sound is junk we won´t play the game.

But it´s more important to record birds and bees, and have trains passing by in earbreaking 1000% volume....

It´s a truckinggame SCS, It all about the truck, not everything else.

And when is Angles Morts stickers coming??
And when is drivercards coming??
Last edited by truckphotohbg on 08 Dec 2021 13:16, edited 1 time in total.
Seerman

#500 Post by Seerman » 08 Dec 2021 12:56

1.43 release. Mods are disabled.

Found a bugs in the MAN TGX update.
The tablets disappeared, and the one remaining moved up.
All objects on the floor are displaced forward and hang over the air (probably should fall to the floor :D ).

[ external image ]
Attachments
Снимок экрана 2021-12-08 161502.png
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

Return to “General discussion about the game”