ETS2 1.43 discussion thread

filipkmoch

Re: ETS2 1.43 open beta discussion

#341 Post by filipkmoch » 26 Nov 2021 20:28

Why don't you do morning updates like everyone else? Why do you annoy people in the evening when they don't want to deal with it anymore?
parasaurolophus67

#342 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 26 Nov 2021 20:30

You do realize its day time here you know? people have different timezones you know.

Also you don't have to update it you know.
filipkmoch

#343 Post by filipkmoch » 26 Nov 2021 20:34

for example: FIFA 22, published by EA, which is from the west coast of the USA and updates are always published at 9:00 am
parasaurolophus67

#344 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 26 Nov 2021 20:37

@filipkmoch Thats not an example. Thats a webiste company like steam, not the game company. So if anything they dont need to do THAT suggestion and they will do what they want.
xXCARL1992Xx

#345 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Nov 2021 20:39

opt out of beta then if you dont want to get updates frequently, SCS releases updates when they are ready and not on a shedule
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Trucker Nik

#346 Post by Trucker Nik » 26 Nov 2021 20:58

Since the release of Iberia, a semi-trailer with the inscription of the company EL VESA has appeared in Al traffic, the company is not in the game, the company is not even in the catalog of semi-trailers @Max could you please take a look at this, today I saw semi-trailer with this company after a long time, it occurs all over the map, it seems to me that it is always the same semi-trailer (Krone Profi Liner) and it is probably a mistake
Tiger313

#347 Post by Tiger313 » 27 Nov 2021 06:10

filipkmoch wrote: 26 Nov 2021 20:28 Why don't you do morning updates like everyone else? Why do you annoy people in the evening when they don't want to deal with it anymore?
It seems that you are the only one who's annoyed by it, so maybe speak for yourself? Also, if you do not wish to update in the evening, turn off auto-update and you won't get bothered by it: you can simply start updating when it's most convenient for yourself. You'll always be late to the party, but that is your problem then. :P
Juli On Tour

#348 Post by Juli On Tour » 27 Nov 2021 17:32

I hope that the new version will also have coolers with the upper rear lights. Question: Who knows where there is a post or topic about the cooler sound? I would have examples of the Krone cooler. They lack the cooling sound from the cooling units. Who knows more? I know that I'm in the wrong post for the sound topic, but can't find it. Thanks!
Scandinavia fan Norway, Sweden Look at my WoT Profile:https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/1265700
tajana_g

#349 Post by tajana_g » 27 Nov 2021 22:59

I am wondering when I will finally read "Improved AI traffic" in a update's changelog. I honestly cant understand why SCS is still turning an blind eye on this matter... Since the next DLC probably includes a lot of single carriageways I am very afraid to experience another rock bottom of the AI traffic behavior

I always "love" to see:
- trucks end up in the 3rd lane (where they are most likely everywhere forbidden)
- trucks and also cars racing each other side by side without the intention to actually end the overtaking process
- trucks endlessly changing lanes on a empty highway without any obvious reasons
- vehicles on the off-ramp turning back on the highway when the lane is occupied (and causing a crash, often into my trailer)
- vehicles unable to perform a smooth lane change
- Completely missing country specific traffic rules
- missing logic in the spawn and destination rules for AI traffic (example: empty main road but 10 trucks merge from a side road just to leave the main road together for the next side road again)
- a total absence of "intelligence" in the traffic behavior mirroring the skills of the responsible developer...

Removed - Rule 2.3
Ropasiak

#350 Post by Ropasiak » 27 Nov 2021 23:31

They did it in 1.43:

Code: Select all

Traffic
Traffic vehicle/trailer type separation was improved to allow better access control. Please update the modded storage names and contents accordingly:

all vehicles spawning only in specific areas/places are now in *_custom vehicle types
*_city vehicle types were merged into respective *_custom types
new truck_heavy vehicle type was created by extracting all non-semi trucks there (-> truck vehicle type now contains only semi-trucks)
all vehicles/trailers which don't fit any of the car/bus/truck types are now in special storage
There are multiple improvements regarding traffic access. The main goals were to make setting traffic access easier, more intuitive and to allow additional improvements in future.

access distribution and its handling by AI has been improved
If more paths are available, AI vehicles prefer the path with exclusive access (e.g. "Trucks only") unless it is marked 'low probability'. For example, at tollgates, just "trucks only" path has to be marked. ("No trucks" area is no longer needed)
list of access-related traffic rules was simplified
some rules (mostly those rarely and/or incorrectly used) were made obsolete - there will be some warnings in log about them.
descriptions of the remaining ones were made consistent and, hopefully, more clear
access/spawning mode in traffic tool was improved
new "combined" access visualization has been added, which shows access and allows spawning for all vehicle types at once
visualize exclusive access using separate color (yellow)
added 'potential dead-end' visualization

Return to “General discussion about the game”