Doing perfect deliveries possible?

Of your last dozen deliveries of over 1,500km, how many were perfect?

Poll ended at 01 Dec 2021 16:18

None
7%
1 or 2
7%
3 or 4
3%
5 or 6
7%
7 or 8
3%
9 or 10
7%
All of them
66%

Total votes: 29

GT182

Re: Doing perfect deliveries possible?

#21 Post by GT182 » 29 Nov 2021 14:03

Simple solution it to use a No Damage mod. I went thru the damage routine from AI and said to hell with it. Now I don't worry at all. ;) AI are worse in ETS2 than ATS. There are some mods that calm the AI down and that helps, but not all the time.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
NemesysTrans

#22 Post by NemesysTrans » 29 Nov 2021 15:03

I've been contemplating doing this because the AI in some situations is very bad and I'm still learning to avoid them, even if I've been playing for over 2 years...
Underscore_101_

#23 Post by Underscore_101_ » 30 Nov 2021 08:08

On my last well over 2000 km drive i had 2 accidents and both of them were my fault, one was where i thought i had right of way, but after looking at the evidence i obviously didn't :-) and in the other one there was a car in my blind spot, though it shouldn't have been there it was and i should have seen it (seen it come up to me, but lost it and thought it changed it's mind), could blame the AI for that, but cars passing on the wrong side happens irl as well.

As for this " I stopped at a filling station (is this how these are called in Europe? Never heard filling stations here in the US)"

Europe has 24 official languages, in the Netherlands alone we have at least 4 names for it, not including local dialect and Frysian and also not including "vulstation" (which would be the translation for "filling station") :-)
Some newbie driver

#24 Post by Some newbie driver » 30 Nov 2021 09:02

Underscore_101_ wrote: 30 Nov 2021 08:08 could blame the AI for that, but cars passing on the wrong side happens irl as well.
One though I had reading this... When it arrives the day SCS changes to a modern proper AI control (because I do for granted it will happen, problem is when)... We will keep saying AI is bugged when happening weird things or we will consider it would me depicting the same crazy behavior we find IRL in the roads? :lol:
Underscore_101_

#25 Post by Underscore_101_ » 30 Nov 2021 10:45

I take it as depiction of real life, i do it irl sometimes, though usually not in a death wish way the AI does, but in places where i know a truck won't pull back to my lane and i always make sure i have space on my other side for the event it does, and i have a really tiny car which is easily overlooked by a trucker.

tbh, i'm fine with the way the AI behaves, it's not perfect, but i've grown to live with it.
NemesysTrans

#26 Post by NemesysTrans » 30 Nov 2021 16:31

I was able to do a +2,800 km delivery with no crash offense or speeding offense yesterday. And I did it using the Frosty mod, starting in a big snowstorm where I could barely see ahead of me. So, it can be done ;)
GT182

#27 Post by GT182 » 02 Dec 2021 15:09

Here's something else to watch out for. It's happening in ATS and ETS2. I don't believe it's mod related as it also happened with a Vannilla profile.

The sim will drop to the task bar leaving you at the desktop any time it wants. This will only normally happen when you Pause or just leave the sims for about 5 to ten minutes. I've never had it happen until the latest 1.42 update from SCS. If you're driving hit F1 as fast as you can or you'll crash your rig. Then click on the task bar icon for the sim you're running and you're back in.

As for the stock AI, I'm seeing them just pull out in front of you any time they want. It's as if they're want to cause a crash. :roll:
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Some newbie driver

#28 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 Dec 2021 18:15

The game will not minimize itself, moded or vanilla. That's some other program you have in the background messing with the focus behavior of your Windows.
GT182

#29 Post by GT182 » 02 Dec 2021 19:03

No other program I have is doing this. I don't add programs to Windows other than 7zip, antivirus, Notepad++, or my Tracker IR5.
xXCARL1992Xx

#30 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Dec 2021 19:31

YOU dont have to install programs for it to happen, it can be installed via other programs that bring garbage with them because you downloaded them from anywhere then the source (only reason why google chrome is so wide spread because it was installed like garbage with other programs from google or 3rd party and people only clicking next without reading)

also, the game has no issues, i never had this problem at all with ETS or ATS from the version i started playing (1.22 or something for ETS and 1.6 for ATS) up until 1.42
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”