Doing perfect deliveries possible?

Of your last dozen deliveries of over 1,500km, how many were perfect?

Poll ended at 01 Dec 2021 16:18

None
7%
1 or 2
7%
3 or 4
3%
5 or 6
7%
7 or 8
3%
9 or 10
7%
All of them
66%

Total votes: 29

Some newbie driver

Re: Doing perfect deliveries possible?

#11 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Nov 2021 10:38

There exists parameters for the AI to decide % of "over speeding" vehicles, also the likeliness one vehicle want to overtake us. I don't know if they are country related.

What I noticed recently (I couldn't say exactly when started, but was this year); is that aren't rare the amount of trucks overspeeding me. Last night as an example, two trucks overspeed me and other trucks in German highways when I was driving at the limit of 80.
NemesysTrans

#12 Post by NemesysTrans » 25 Nov 2021 15:24

Aziz wrote: 25 Nov 2021 08:03 ...
That reminds me, anyone ever noticed that ai seems to have different personalities depending on the country? Wherever I'm on German autobahn, if I see a vehicle in my mirror, it's already too late to blink and change, it will zoom past at full speed. Then in Italy, countless times, they cut in on roundabouts, no matter if I blink to exit or not. (The amount of times I got fined for someone hitting me from the side when they weren't supposed to move yet)
The roundabouts! I don't know how many times I was in the outer loop, going around, when a stupid car from the inner loop would try to exit by going through me! Unbelievable!
Some newbie driver

#13 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Nov 2021 15:41

Did you had "out" blinker on? if so, that's the reason
j7n

#14 Post by j7n » 25 Nov 2021 15:49

I feel that damage became more permissible when trailer and cargo got separated. The money penalty is greater, but the percent damage is less. I can encounter a few light crashes but still finish with under 1 percent and an Excellent rating. Sometimes around half a percent of damage is dealth crossing road connection zones, but the cargo still remains fine.

Crashes most often occur when leaving toll booths. Vehicles will often merge in from the right as if I wasn't there. This used to happen in Poland a long time ago, and now happens elsewhere too. So I try to give them plenty of room by moving into the fast lane. I take the fast lanes because auto-pass is sometimes on them.

Finishing without speeding and red signal offenses is much harder.
Last edited by j7n on 25 Nov 2021 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
NemesysTrans

#15 Post by NemesysTrans » 25 Nov 2021 15:50

No, I didn't have my blinker on because I was not taking that exit, was going around to another exit.
Some newbie driver

#16 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Nov 2021 16:23

Strange, the blinker use to be the root of those problems. Cheers for that AI.

@j7n I recall have seen here in the forums somebody saying that SCS changed toll prefabs so vehicles on the right lanes got priority to merge to the left (I mean, the AI considers it has priority, not that there exist any sign we can see and that would be unrealistic). It seems that otherwise tolls can easily turn into traffic jams with current limited AI.

Try always not to have some AI at your side on a toll yard. Another one of those tricks I mentioned. Another one is to remember any AI will smash brakes to slow down to 60 if there's some even on the shoulder (broken car, a crash, a police vehicle stopping somebody...). And considering how hard AI brakes and how much time it take to us (well, depending on our settings); better to start slowing if you see long away something in the shoulder and you have any AI vehicle in front of you.

It's like if IRL we drive thinking everybody around us is idiot and/or drunk. The same caution we would have IRL to leave way more space between us and those vehicles we have to apply it in the game. Is tiresome, until they don't rehaul everything to a more advanced system.

Regards
Underscore_101_

#17 Post by Underscore_101_ » 25 Nov 2021 17:06

The other day I was playing on 1.43 (I skipped 1.42), in France, famous for it's annoying toll roads, and being aware that traffic on my right may just drive into me I kept watching my mirrors and to my surprise none of them claimed any right of way and all let me go on my merry way without any trouble, so weird, but so right atst.
Some newbie driver

#18 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Nov 2021 17:12

It all depends on relative position. Normally if you are enough advanced relative to them, they will behave correctly. But it's so hard to catch the right distance (not counting possible variance) than it's better to drive always with a thousand eyes put on right mirrors.

I try always to use auto-payment lanes to try to have a speed vantage regarding other AI vehicles when exiting the toll yard.
Underscore_101_

#19 Post by Underscore_101_ » 25 Nov 2021 18:32

I do that too :-),.. but this isn't a one time coincidental thing, it's every toll thingy I went through.
Some newbie driver

#20 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Nov 2021 19:13

They keep changing little things here and there. They have no CPU room to really improve the AI (not until they do more big core changes like those of last 2 years). But they can tune the parameters the AI uses to decide what he does in the boundaries of its current limitations.

Around 1.38/1.39 if I remember well they changed the way the AI merge into highways. Before that it was extremely cautious and only started to merge when no incoming traffic was veeeery far away. That caused lots of jams that were incredibly exasperating if one gets caught on them. After the change, AI started to merge into traffic way more swiftly but that sometimes causes miss-calculations that end in two AI crashing or they crashing us if we are the ones driving on the main lane. NemesysTrans has wrote before and example of him suffering a crash like that. So, it's more important than never that we change lane to let AI merge (as it should be done, as Ai never does :roll:)

Now I've the impression they have changed something related to speed as I explained before. Most of the problems persist unchanged, thought. Several of the ones I mentioned I try to avoid date of lots of years ago. Other problems aren't even AI but bugs in mapping like those roundabouts... Learning all those tricks helps one avoid most of the crashes and do "safely" long runs.

I think if they could announce next big change in 2022 would be the complete overhaul of AI for a proper modern one; people would be so happy that they wouldn't care care at all if Pavel also announced no maps or trucks in 2 years to come. :lol:

Return to “General discussion about the game”