86%
No
14%

Total votes: 36

55sixxx

Rear Fenders/Fifth Wheel Problem

#1 Post by 55sixxx » 25 Nov 2021 15:55

Hello everyone,

This is an issue that affects almost all of the trucks in ETS2 (Except for the New Generation DAF).

To those that are strangers to this or never noticed it (Which i find very hard not to), almost all of the trucks either have the fifth wheel sitting way too low on the chassis or have awfully large rear fenders or both. The worst case scenarios are definitely the Volvo's and the Actros MP4 (I can make an exception for the old MAN and Iveco because those were models made the decade before the last decade and have not received the usual post-tuning pack polishment like those other two.). And what side effect this problem causes??? The fenders clipping into the trailers. This is an Editor's Pick from yesterday, all i had to do to find a prime example of this bug was open the WoTR page and there it was.

Here are some pics for reference:

This is the Volvo FH4 when it got released:

[ external image ]

Noticed how closer and smaller the rear fender is??? That is how it should be. But now, take a look at this (In it's current state):

[ external image ]

Completely off scaled and it's sitting higher than the fifth wheel. And here's a real life comparison:

[ external image ]

Now, this is the Volvo FH3 (Which was also made around the 2010's but got the "polishment" from the Tuning Pack release). Have a look:

[ external image ]

Oddly enough, it is still the same way as it was when it got released (I checked) and even though they polished the 3D model, SCS has ignored the main eye sore of this particular model. Again, i googled for real life photos of the FH3 to compare it to the one in-game and, as usual, it's not the same:

[ external image ]

Another example is the Iveco Stralis Hi-Way... Which in the release it used to look like this: (Notice that the fifth wheel is sitting higher than the rear fender).

[ external image ]

And now looks like this in-game: The fifth wheel no longer sits higher than the rear fender (Which causes it to clip on the trailers).

[ external image ]

Still not fully convinced??? Fear not, i have more examples, like the Actros MP3 for instance. At the release it used to look like this:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

The fifth wheel was sitting lower but it was not that noticeable since the trailers back then were hella inaccurate and never clipped. Now look at it in it's current state:

[ external image ]

I can also throw the XF Euro 6 in the mix as well because this model suffers from this problem too. Because it used to look like this when it released:

[ external image ]

And, unfortunately, it looks like this now:

[ external image ]

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In conclusion, i can keep doing this for every truck in game except for the XG and XG+ but i think you guys got the gist. I initially thought of including a poll to see if people want this issue to be addressed or not but since it's a problem a lot of people are bothered by, i decided to included one anyways. (Lol, you guys thought i wouldn't... sike).

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Before the holy protectors of SCS come bash at me for saying i'm "complaining", i'm not. I'm pointing out what is wrong and what should be fixed while providing evidence at the same time.

Best regards,
55sixxx.
parasaurolophus67

Re: Rear Fenders/Fifth Wheel Problem

#2 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 25 Nov 2021 16:00

wasn't this already explained by max? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=287421&start=10
55sixxx

#3 Post by 55sixxx » 25 Nov 2021 16:09

My post goes more in-depth on the issue and allows users to vote whether or not they want the issue to be fixed. Plus, it is critical that we keep problem discussions like these active in the forum or else it will become neglected by the devs. We got the Anthem's hood fixed (Even though it was an easy fix, it would still be like before if we had not brought up again.) by doing the same. And it's better to start the fixing process now than leaving it to gather even more dust... (Even if it takes a while to come, it's still good to know it will come and will not be forgotten.)

And my post focus more on the rear fenders than on the fifth wheel, unlike the thread you posted. (Without mentioning the fact that it was accurate when the trucks released and got broken over time.)
Some newbie driver

#4 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Nov 2021 16:16

That doesn't change Max words: if they ever had to do changes to all trucks by whatever reasons (and chances are they HAD to do it, during some of the big changes the game engine still has to receive); then they will do it. It doesn't matter how much we will demand it in the meantime.
LegoTechnicFanBoi

#5 Post by LegoTechnicFanBoi » 25 Nov 2021 16:42

They don't even care about Truck and Trailer model inaccuracies
SORRY FOR MY WRITING MISTAKES IN ENGLISH. I SOMETIMES NEED TO USE TRANSLATOR

A Proud LEGO Fan since childhood
xXCARL1992Xx

#6 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Nov 2021 16:50

the problem is not only the model, it is the physics also, the trailer sinks into the 5th wheel wich is physically Impossible, i think knox_ss found this bug with 1.34 or 1.35 and it is still present, we just disregard the fact for know that the whole hookup process of the trailer is fundamentally wrong anyway and important parts are missing like the possibility to rise the rear axle of the truck
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
55sixxx

#7 Post by 55sixxx » 25 Nov 2021 17:00

As far as i know, on that thread parasaurolophus67 linked, the main issued being discussed was the fifth wheel only and that messing with it would break more things than it's worth. I get that, but i do wonder why and how these rear fenders got wrong over time.

Most of them came to the game looking like they should (See examples i showed in OP) but now they are completely off and one thing i noticed while making this thread was that most trucks at release, the rear fender did not match 100% exactly to the sideskirt curve, the fitment wasn't perfect (Just like it isn't IRL). Most of these rear fenders, apparently, got upscaled to make a perfect fit with the sideskirt curve (like the Hi-Way, Actros MP3, FH4).

And i wouldn't even bother asking for liftable suspension (Even though it would be a great addition), because that would make the game take a turn to the realistic/sim side and SCS clearly wants the 50/50 balance between sim and arcade.
Some newbie driver

#8 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Nov 2021 17:18

AFAIK rear fenders were raised because clipping problems with some tires and/or lifting axles. And that's also related with physics due objects in current models being completely rigid.

And I don't see lifting suspension a problem due the balance with the arcade side of the game. Plain and simple, if we wouldn't enable it (disabled by default); the process would be automatic and done. So, its addition would not bugger the arcadish experience for casual players.

Regards
55sixxx

#9 Post by 55sixxx » 25 Nov 2021 17:31

^If that's correct, they broke something to "fix" another. I remember when lift axles were first introduced and they didn't clipped at all, same goes for tires.
xXCARL1992Xx

#10 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Nov 2021 17:35

we didnt had XXX/80 tires back then, only the SCS 315/70 or the preconfigured wheels
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”