Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 36

johnny_91

Re: Rear Fenders/Fifth Wheel Problem

#11 Post by johnny_91 » 25 Nov 2021 18:07

Its not that bad, same for antialiasing. Just be patient and wait for the next DLC instead........

IMO they have gone the complete wrong way since 1.30+.
Some newbie driver

#12 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Nov 2021 18:13

Yeah, of course, they should had kept fixing all those things instead of keep dumping all the old code and bringing to present the underlying technology of the game.

Because people is really upset due the fender clipping or height when driving in camera mode 1; but they wouldn't care to keep playing on a DX9 game that will ultra-under-perform on any hardware for 3 more years and will be willing to keep paying map DLCs with no quality progression since Italy. :roll:
F4R35

#13 Post by F4R35 » 25 Nov 2021 18:37

As a real driver, I can tell you, we check the height of the rear fenders and worry about damaging them, some trailers require me to remove the top of rear fenders when I'm driving a truck with leaf spring rear suspension ( Well technically ingame trucks perform the same because we can't raise or lower the air suspension). So the easiest solution, is to make all the rear fenders tops removable!
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
Some newbie driver

#14 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Nov 2021 19:24

Bu you do care because IRL has an effect, a tangible and problematic (and costly) effect.

In this game, the fenders position or it's trailer clipping is a cosmetic nuisance that we don't even suffer the vast majority of the time. There are thousands of cosmetic nuisances all along the game and there is a game engine that still relies partially in 14 years ago technology and programming knowledge (and before 1.30 version that johnny_91 mentioned, almost all the game was in that state).

So, what should be the priority? Cosmetics or basics?

When they will be done of the heavy changes in basics (and believe me, they could probably be 2 more years of those); I'm all in they fix all the cosmetics you all want and include all the fancy simulation features people want. But the game would be already dead if they wouldn't had take the way they take 3 years ago (in releases, it was probably decided like 4 years ago). So it shocks me a lot people that would prefer a dead game that will have no more updates or content in order to fix a minor nuisance it matters to them.

Regards
plykkegaard

#15 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Nov 2021 19:40

Obviously many players do care otherwise we wouldn't have topics like this
In two years we might have abandoned the game completely

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
F4R35

#16 Post by F4R35 » 25 Nov 2021 19:41

@Some newbie driver, I totally agree with you! I'm not saying they should be a priority! I just gave an example from my own experience!

People complain about DLCs, but they forgot they are getting free content, even if they have never bought a DLC! and The Best Part! Convoy mod doesn't require you to have a DLC to play with your friends who own a DLC that you don't!

I believe OP shares the same idea and agrees with you as well, all he did was giving his own take on the matter, he even mentioned that he knows this was discussed before!
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
Some newbie driver

#17 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Nov 2021 20:05

F4r3s don't get me wrong, I was not annoyed or anything about what you said when answering. Don't worry.

Point is yes, there's lots of things to improve, fix and change. But there must be priorities because they can't do everything. And I find pointless to keep insisting on things that had been more than acknowledged and discussed even directly with programmers (not something players have the luxury to do in most games). The fix will arrive when it could arrive, not any time sooner. But people keep thinking that things will happen just by insisting on them. I wonder if that people would like in their IRL works some random customer could keep insisting them in to do some minor change that would prevent them to do the real important work. "Do you remember that? Do you remember that? Do you remember that?" They will enjoy that, for sure.

@plykkegaard yes, some people do care, some a lot, some maybe even to consider not invest more in the game. OK, totally agree, it's exactly the right we have as customers. Now, consider this: You are well aware of the player base size of SCS games. How many of them wouldn't be already playing if would still be doing it in DX9 and OpenAL? Because that's what we would have if SCS wouldn't had chosen "the wrong path since 1.30" like has been said before with an absolute lack of objective arguing.

Basics -> features -> cosmetics. Always. And if that cost them some players, is the prize to pay for not being big enough company to streamline faster the work. And that doubtfully will kill the game at mid term; but could make them stop playing like small companies when they do things like the ridiculously low price for Iberia. Maybe we like less the outcome of all of this than the lack of a fix for something so irrelevant in the great scheme of things.

Regards
bumbumek

#18 Post by bumbumek » 26 Nov 2021 09:59

This is the most anticipated thing in ETS2 for me to be fixed 😔 This issue is 2 yrs in the game. Because of this, frequency of my playing ETS2 lowered very much. And what pisses me very much - few forum users justify SCS discouraging them to fix this, imho.

We talked earlier about the solution for this - an option for liftable 5th wheel could solve the problem.
alluke

#19 Post by alluke » 26 Nov 2021 13:07

55sixxx wrote: 25 Nov 2021 17:31 ^If that's correct, they broke something to "fix" another. I remember when lift axles were first introduced and they didn't clipped at all, same goes for tires.
Another thing they "broke" was removing the 80R rear tires from GoodYear and updated Michelin DLC.
Austin.S

#20 Post by Austin.S » 30 Nov 2021 14:13

Wait, there were 80 series rear tires in GoodYear DLC?

Return to “General discussion about the game”