VR - experimental support

csbrat

Re: Oculus Rift - experimental support

#1701 Post by csbrat » 07 Apr 2021 16:11

Is this command no longer supported in 1.40? "g_hmd_no_artifical_movement 1"? I'm trying to enter it to the Developer's Console and it tells me that it's an "unknown command".

Of course, I wish some of the modders would learn how to make their trucks so that they don't have that problem Viper's truck looks sooo nice but I just can't drive it the way it is.
electricz

#1702 Post by electricz » 09 Apr 2021 21:28

phigo wrote: 07 Apr 2021 10:46 Hi guys. I'm having no luck at all getting ETS2 (or ATS) to work with my new Valve Index. I've played both (for hours and hours and hours) with my old Rift CV1 - I remember there was a bit of a tinkering required.

I've opted into the Oculus/OpenVR beta (1.40 looks to be the latest), added -openvr as a launch option and unchecked "Use Desktop Game Theatre while SteamVR is active". This is what every guide I've seen has said to do (together with the config file edits but my priority is actually getting it running). I've set the in-game res to 1080p and disabled DOF and antialiasing.
Any ideas? Thanks.
Hi Phigo, I run it in openvr without issue, and can tell you that you want the Desktop Game Theater box unchecked, and the "Euro Truck Simulator 2 does not support VR. It will appear on your desktop and may affect VR performance" warning is normal and what you want to see when playing in VR.

Sounds like you've got everything set up properly. I can think of two issues that might be causing your problem.

1. Mods. It's the go to answer, but I had a mod that relocated the driver info panel that worked great flatscreen, but was an instacrash in VR. Start a clean profile and see if it works in VR.

2. Point of view positioning. I've had my point of view in VR jump to the next planet on start and make it look like the headset was unresponsive looking at a black screen. Hitting the recenter key made it snap into place.

Dunno after this. Maybe check your game log for an error?
grespoyer

#1703 Post by grespoyer » 10 Apr 2021 06:44

Is there any way to enable render truck from cabin VR view so that I could stick out my head and see my rotating wheels, stairs and cabin itself? I know in the past there was command "g_debug_interior_cam" which did that thing, but in update 1.40 it was removed. I know, though, that there is command "g_hmd_no_artifical_movement" that allows me to look back and see aforementioned model textures, BUT while doing that it, like, moves my head 1 meter away from cabin (like I know how to steer by my legs)
phigo

#1704 Post by phigo » 10 Apr 2021 07:45

electricz wrote: 09 Apr 2021 21:28 Hi Phigo, I run it in openvr without issue, and can tell you that you want the Desktop Game Theater box unchecked, and the "Euro Truck Simulator 2 does not support VR. It will appear on your desktop and may affect VR performance" warning is normal and what you want to see when playing in VR.

Sounds like you've got everything set up properly. I can think of two issues that might be causing your problem.

1. Mods. It's the go to answer, but I had a mod that relocated the driver info panel that worked great flatscreen, but was an instacrash in VR. Start a clean profile and see if it works in VR.

2. Point of view positioning. I've had my point of view in VR jump to the next planet on start and make it look like the headset was unresponsive looking at a black screen. Hitting the recenter key made it snap into place.

Dunno after this. Maybe check your game log for an error?
Thanks, I've made some progress. I didn't realise there were some settings within SteamVR that needed changing (eg "Use Legacy Reprojection Mode"), that's at least made it show up in the Index. Performance is awful though, I had some success by ensuring that the FPS values matched up between the game and SteamVR (at 90 FPS) but it still stutters terribly when turning my head, even with the "simple" graphics options set to low and with all the VR-specific settings (MSAA, DOF, scaling) set correctly. I had it running in the Rift with a 5700 XT and it was buttery smooth so I must be missing something fundamental somewhere.

Edit: Ok I think I've found a sweet spot. Settings on "high" in game and scaling in the config set to 1.4 is smooth as silk in cities, although not as sharp as I was hoping, coming from the Rift to the Index and with this GPU. I was being wildly optimistic with the scaling setting before. Asynchronous reprojection (or motion smoothing as it's now known) in SteamVR settings doesn't seem to make a difference.
Last edited by phigo on 10 Apr 2021 09:03, edited 2 times in total.
Turd Ferguson

#1705 Post by Turd Ferguson » 10 Apr 2021 10:27

@Komat

I've posted this in the bug section but it seems like it was resolved in February for non VR users

Driving in a right hand drive newer Volvo FH the nearside mirror is way too dark, I can see the outline of the trailer just about but nothing else past that.

Switching to a left hooker the mirror is back to nornal but then i tried to go back to a right hand drive ssme thing.
I'm not using any truck mods just the tuning DLC.

Have you any idea what could be causing this at all?

Thanks
Oh hell, let's go nuts. Swords for forty eight thousand

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/401
AfxTwn

#1706 Post by AfxTwn » 11 Apr 2021 08:33

I have also noticed the same problem that Wrighty describes as I mostly drive right-hand-drive trucks and Volvo's at that. The mirrors seem darker overall but as has been said, the right mirrors are the worst and also the left lower mirror. This is a big problem at night where it's nearly impossible to see anything behind you in the mirrors.
Javier_Selles

#1707 Post by Javier_Selles » 12 Apr 2021 14:47

Hello, good afternoon. Currently I play with an Oculus Rift S and with the 1.40 I cannot put any option in the settings of the range of visibility of the lights, since the whole screen in front goes dark if I turn on the lights. If I set it to Off it works fine, but of course, the lighting inside the garage and in the cities is no longer the same. Has it happened to you?
7Dive

Vr ETS2 Iberia

#1708 Post by 7Dive » 14 Apr 2021 08:10

Hello. After the release of Iberia, the VR mode stopped working. At the same time, the game starts, the image goes in the oculus mirror on the pu, when you move the helmet, but when you put on the head, there is no image in the helmet itself. Endless loading in progress. Any solutions to this problem?
DeDietz

#1709 Post by DeDietz » 19 Apr 2021 13:08

I’ve noticed my DAF 106/E6 is invisible in the mirrors of the cab view
Haven’t tried to F2 mirrors yet.

When I move towards them they pop in. This is on the stock scs DAF 106/E6. I have some mods currently enabled but I’ll report/edit this later when I have more time to look into it.

Does VR have their own bug reports somewhere or can I make one in the 1.40 section once I fully tested it on a vanilla profile?
[ external image ]
DUTCH AMATEUR SKINNER
Frayner

#1710 Post by Frayner » 19 Apr 2021 19:05

I have noticed this happens on three truck in particular. The scania next gen truck in the smaller blind spot mirror on the driver side, if you adjust it too look too far away from the truck, as well as the Mercedes actros mp4 in the main driver side mirror and the daf main driver side mirror as you have stated. All happen when I adjust the view of the mirror away from the truck.
Intel i9 13900K, 32 GB RAM, MSI RTX™ 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G, Bigscreen Beyond

Return to “General discussion about the game”