VR - experimental support

mmorselli

Re: Oculus Rift - experimental support

#1831 Post by mmorselli » 29 Sep 2021 12:43

big_carrot wrote: 29 Sep 2021 10:52 How exactly would RTX help with antialiasing...?
DLSS is by far the best temporal antialiasing on the market

(RTX in terms of nVidia series, not in terms of Ray Tracing)
thetissueissues

#1832 Post by thetissueissues » 01 Oct 2021 03:47

from the initial guide the recommendation was to turn both AA and DOF off, is that still the case in 2021?

I was just wondering, since there has been the addition of SSAO to the vr branch, is it recommended to turn that setting off as well?

edit: might as well add this question that's been bugging me, i noticed these two lines have been removed from the config file

uset o_openvr_independent_timewarp "1"
uset o_openvr_interleaved_reproject "1"

do we still need to add these lines and put them at "0" if we want to turn these options off?

also is there a way to show the game in single-eye mirror mode on the monitor for streaming purposes without having to use Oculus mirror? (for-oculus users)

thank you!
Last edited by thetissueissues on 01 Oct 2021 03:55, edited 1 time in total.
lanjaron45

#1833 Post by lanjaron45 » 01 Oct 2021 18:50

I have registered in the forum just for this, please consider what I propose

the game is perfect in everything during the night but when the sun rises the image is deformed in the distance, I need a menu that allows you to choose what time I want to make the deliveries, you don't need to fix anything, just let me choose the time of day and it will be perfect

i have oculus rift s with gtx 1060 6 gb
Last edited by lanjaron45 on 01 Oct 2021 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
Insane1

#1834 Post by Insane1 » 02 Oct 2021 07:58

thetissueissues wrote: 01 Oct 2021 03:47 also is there a way to show the game in single-eye mirror mode on the monitor for streaming purposes without having to use Oculus mirror? (for-oculus users)
Have you tried OpenVR plugin for OBS?
HTC VIve Pro \ Thrustmaster T150 PRO
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, Palit Gamingpro RTX 3080, 32GB Kingston Fury Renegade 4000MHz, 256GB PLEXTOR PX-256M9PeY + 1TB ADATA SX8200PNP
big_carrot

#1835 Post by big_carrot » 02 Oct 2021 19:16

I'm yet to find a way to show a single-eye view. As far as I know the OVR plugin for OBS won't work for Oculus users unless they use SteamVR, which tanks performance IME. Also, doesn't work with e.g. Discord if you wanted to stream there. Oculus mirror would work in theory but I've not found it useful in practice as it often loses focus, plus discord has its famous audio issues.
dhrto

#1836 Post by dhrto » 04 Oct 2021 15:49

I know the VR branch has never participated in the open betas and usually I have enough patience to wait for the official release. With 1.42 however, I'm really disappointed to have to wait to test out the new force feedback and unlocked degrees of rotation for the in game steering wheel animation. I've recently upgraded to a Fanatec CSL DD and am really looking forward to more than 900 degrees of turning and the new force feedback!

Once again I really hope that someday the VR branch will be merged into the main branch.
System specs: Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX3080 (no OC), Varjo Aero (using OpenXR through OpenComposite instead of SteamVR), 32 GB DDR3200, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB, Win10. And most importantly: vanilla game, no mods.
benja

#1837 Post by benja » 10 Oct 2021 16:59

Hi VR truckers.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, to be honest I haven't researched that much about it. Is there a way to force the rendering of the truck exterior in the VR build ? I'd love to be able to throw my head through the window while reversing and having it look as it should. Also in ATS, most basic cabins have a rear window which I use a lot except the rear part of the truck wouldn't show up, only the trailer.

If not, that would be awesome to have such an option available on the VR build. Since the DX11 update and with more experience tuning the settings, I've gotten to a point where performance isn't an issue at all, and I'd be glad to spend some of what's left under the foot on that truck exterior rendering.

Thanks
supric

#1838 Post by supric » 10 Oct 2021 18:04

A few questions about VR mode.

1. How to change gamma in Settings -> Graphic Settings ? Changes of gamma slider doesn't take any effect in game in VR mode.
2. How to set miniconsole visible in VR? (g_developer + g_minicon settings in config.cfg in non-VR mode).
benja

#1839 Post by benja » 10 Oct 2021 20:17

big_carrot wrote: 02 Oct 2021 19:16 I'm yet to find a way to show a single-eye view. As far as I know the OVR plugin for OBS won't work for Oculus users unless they use SteamVR, which tanks performance IME. Also, doesn't work with e.g. Discord if you wanted to stream there. Oculus mirror would work in theory but I've not found it useful in practice as it often loses focus, plus discord has its famous audio issues.
One way to avoid Oculus-mirror losing focus is to stick a piece of soft tape on the head sensor. There's an option to bypass the sensor in the OculusDebugTool, but it'll only work once. Using Oculus-mirror may be desirable as it also offers image stabilization, which is pretty much mandatory if you intend to stream VR content. There's a way to make the audio work with OBS/Discord using virtual audio cable. I don't remember the specifics though I did manage to stream some X-Plane VR action to my brother through Discord that way, including audio from the integrated headset microphone.
Last edited by benja on 10 Oct 2021 21:19, edited 2 times in total.
Madkine
Global moderator

#1840 Post by Madkine » 10 Oct 2021 20:55

@benja The rear chassis isn't modelled in the interior view, so there's no way to make it visible through the rear window. SCS tinted the rear window on at least 1 truck to make this less obvious.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Return to “General discussion about the game”