Oculus Rift - experimental support

Katixa

Re: Oculus Rift - experimental support

#541 Post by Katixa » 13 May 2017 11:17

@klauzzy:

I just bought the DLC on Steam but still haven't tried it yet.

Usually, Oculus branch needs to be manually updated by Komat, when a DLC comes out or some small feature.

Probably this is the case too. As I read in the blog, it mentions a free game update with the new 8x4 chasis, etc... so I guess we'll have to wait for that game update too.
Every day above ground is a good day.

Wrighty

#542 Post by Wrighty » 13 May 2017 14:19

Still waiting to try this DLC. Can the beta branch not be updated at the time to DLCs go live?
I appreciate Komat probably has other things to do too but us Oculus users end up waiting for a few days after each update before we can use it.

Not whinging, just asking as it would've been nice to be able to break out the big F16 this weekend for some heavy Haulage.

Katixa

#543 Post by Katixa » 13 May 2017 17:24

@Wrighty
it's not about Komat. It's about who decied not to give priority to VR on the main, production, game branch.

Right now after many months or even years after VR is gone public (meaning it's not about closed betas about games here and there), ETS2 and ATS are still in some beta branch for VR (Oculus/Vive).

The problem is, as the main game walks its own path, every main patch, or lesser patch like this one, the Oculus branch has to merge the patch into itself, to publish them onto the Oculus branch on Steam.

If the public (production) branch had the Oculus compatilibity there, this wouldn't be needed.

I should bite my tongue, but I would like to use this post to tell the overlords, that ETS2/ATS is perfectly ready for VR on production. It only lacks the gameplay settings for saving the player position, and an option to set graphics settings to the minimum recomended by Oculus/Vive.

Other than that, I would love to be able to play the game as any normal player, and not as one having to Betas tab, to choose Oculus, when it's been months now from it's public release.

Did I mention I wanted to bite my tongue? :?
Every day above ground is a good day.

Wrighty

#544 Post by Wrighty » 14 May 2017 09:16

@Katixa

That's fair enough, I don't know the ins and outs of Oculus all I do know is I shelled out for a product solely because ETS2 supported it.
I would like to be able to use that product when a new patch is released. Either by The beta branch being updated upon release of a new update, or your more logical solution full VR support being added to ETS2 and ATS.

After using VR for 3 years playing on a 2-D monitor.... well it just doesn't work

crow357

#545 Post by crow357 » 14 May 2017 14:26

I just stop playing for a couple weeks whenever a game update comes out. It usually breaks some mods too so ya gotta wait for them to be updated anyway.

Wrighty

#546 Post by Wrighty » 15 May 2017 16:42

crow357 wrote:I just stop playing for a couple weeks whenever a game update comes out. It usually breaks some mods too so ya gotta wait for them to be updated anyway.
Yeah I understand your point but still feel a bit agreived when a new update comes out to have to wait for what is now 3 and a half days after the update to be able to use it(especially an exciting one like this).

Praise to SCS for supporting VR but if it's not going to be natively supported couldn't the updated beta branch be readied for when the update goes live so us users aren't left waiting?

bodua25

#547 Post by bodua25 » 16 May 2017 11:00

Tell me to play euro truck simulator 2 + oculus rift + multiplayer maybe or not through Steam can not be combined, how to do it?

Post merged

I play with oculus rift cv1 at the arrival to the city, I notice the slowing down of graphics (twitching) with the settings to the minimum values or maximum, and outside the city everything is fine and smoothly playing, what should I do? How to tune in to a good job, I can not understand, help me? A computer a powerful one (video card Gtx1080 g1, RAM 32 gb, sdd drive, Windows10 (64), Intel Core i7-7700K processor 4,2 GHz) what else do need? I gathered it specially for the game ets2, but now I'm upset by this shortcoming, I'll be grateful for your help?

Post merged

Thank you you were right! Finally I play)))
Last edited by Flemming V on 16 May 2017 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post Merged. Please don't double post. Or in this case Trible post !!

Komat
SCS Software

#548 Post by Komat » 16 May 2017 18:21

The ETS2 and ATS oculus betas on Steam are now compatible with the latest changes and DLCs.

klauzzy

#549 Post by klauzzy » 16 May 2017 18:28

thank you very much! now i can switch back to oculus :D

Ro0llo

#550 Post by Ro0llo » 16 May 2017 18:34

Jeej thx komat! Was already playing the newest dlc without oculus:p

Ets2 is the best vr game out there!
=Intel i5 - 4460 | GTX970 | 16gb RAM | 240gb SSD | Oculus Rift=

Return to “General discussion about game”